Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,131 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 16, 2020, 04:11:19 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2020, 03:49:55 PM
overwrites Alien 3.

I'm sure - Alien 3 discs and digital copies will not be overwritten in any way. You can watch them even after the retcon of the retcon.

Well of course. And I'm not violently opposed to Alien 3 being "rebooted" or whatever the proper term would be. I'd certainly watch it, and hopefully I'd even love it! I'm always down to see another filmmaker's take on this franchise.

I'd just prefer to see those efforts go into something else rather than an alternative third film. But that's just my preference, and I know it isn't one that everyone shares.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 16, 2020, 02:30:53 PM
Then it looks like they're leaking this in the hopes it'll go viral.  I doubt we'll get to see the full script, but I'd imagine they want fans to start campaigning on their behalf to get it made.

Kinda what Blomkamp did, he released some concept art on his instagram after Fox was hemming and hawing over whether to go ahead with it. Few weeks later after a massive media storm it got greenlit only to be cancelled again several months later.  :-\

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 02:40:32 PM
From what I know, Scott did not nix Hill's new script. From what I know he had nothing to do with it. Keep in mind that the producers' relationship with Fox went rocky decades ago, over the issue of profits made on ALIEN.

Do you know if they submitted this new treatment after the Disney takeover? New management and all that.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 16, 2020, 03:31:30 PM
I wonder if Brandywine even gives a shit about David.

Think about it for a moment, David Giler and Walter Hill...

...and who came up with the idea of making Ash an android in the first place?

Valaquen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2020, 04:37:28 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 02:40:32 PM
From what I know, Scott did not nix Hill's new script. From what I know he had nothing to do with it. Keep in mind that the producers' relationship with Fox went rocky decades ago, over the issue of profits made on ALIEN.

Do you know if they submitted this new treatment after the Disney takeover? New management and all that.

I don't know if Disney saw it. I only know that Fox refused to even look at it. Who knows - it could still be developed, but it seems unlikely.

j0nesy

maybe it would be more realistic to hope for a graphic novel version of it

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 04:56:06 PM
I don't know if Disney saw it. I only know that Fox refused to even look at it. Who knows - it could still be developed, but it seems unlikely.

Mmm... I see the front page of the draft/treatment they leaked to us is dated 13 March 2020. So I guess they were still developing this up until quite recently. Maybe they are now courting the completely new management at 20th Century Studios under Disney? Don't think there are any of the old guard left now.

Rankles75

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 16, 2020, 05:03:35 PM
maybe it would be more realistic to hope for a graphic novel version of it

Think that's our best bet, and I really hope it happens.

D88M

Yes please, do one last movie with Ripley and the last one in Ridley Scott trilogy. No Blomkamp fan fiction non sense, no reboots/remakes, just make some good movies and then let the franchise rest for a while. And for the love of God, no disney meddling.

TheBATMAN

That would be wonderful if Ridley got to finish his trilogy and Hill/Giler got to round things off.

Wishful thinking though.

Capt.Dallas at Thedus

Capt.Dallas at Thedus

That is one way cool looking treatment,Hicks,almost makes me feel lucky:)Stay Frosty:)

JungleHunter87

I highly doubt this film will get made. If Disney was interested in it. We'd be hearing about this from an official press release by them. Not from an article on SyFy Wire.

Local Trouble

Maybe Brandywine is hoping that another #ReleaseTheSnyderCut works for them, even if it's just for Hulu.

marrerom

Either make a straight up sequel to Resurrection or go home. I'm sick of people ignoring continuity so that can make "the true sequel" to Terminator 2  Aliens.

Perfect-Organism

Alien 3 - It was all a dream!  Time for a retcon of Alien 3.  But we need Michael Biehn back as Hicks.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: marrerom on Jun 16, 2020, 10:53:48 PM
Either make a straight up sequel to Resurrection or go home. I'm sick of people ignoring continuity so that can make "the true sequel" to Terminator 2  Aliens.

At least, in the case of Terminator when they pulled this, nothing after T2 was worth anything.  ;)

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed