When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,179 times)

oram

"It got great reviews and was everything we set out for it to be, it just didn't hit the note at the box office. It will be a profitable film for the studio but whether there's another one [is uncertain]."

This quote alone is a joke.

FOX, you are the best  ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
A chestbursted android?

An android is more likely to survive a chestburst and send a message.
And it would explain the unusual appearance of the Jockey.
Android + Engineer suit + infection by alien or black goo = Space Jockey?

Or there was more than one Engineer on board the Derelict. And the other sent a message before he got killed by the 'morph that bursted from the first.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Alien Covenant was not that bad like most of us said, one thing is the fim itself, but the other thing is the box office. I mean, it was also about bad timing, release the movie to the cinema between Guardians 2, another Pirates or Transformers is just nonsense, Alien Covenant is a piece of remarkable art, just because Ridley Scott no matter what. . any open mind can see that, the whole movie is very well produced, it has perfect visual quality, camera positions, the angle. But there was some expectations, a lot of them, so there we have this never ending discussion about the story, and how it all could be connected to the original, first Alien. Even if Ridley cannot answer all the questions in the theoretical third movie, he should still have all the rights to do it, why? Well, he started with some idea, let him finish it with the third movie if it really need to be the last one that Scott could ever create, he is not that young, that is very important thing, and he is certainly the only person that can properly tell his story, of course, because it is his story. . no one else could replace him in order to finish it instead him. And did I mentioned that he is the original film-maker of Alien? How long the old man could be in condition good enough for normal directing huh? Maybe its harsch what i say, but when he would be gone, there would be tons of young amateurs waiting for their version of totally new rebooted versions of another Alien movies, and that ladies and gentlemans gonna be much worst than Scoot's work, I believe in that everytime I see or hear the word "Reboot".

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 21, 2017, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
A chestbursted android?

An android is more likely to survive a chestburst and send a message.
And it would explain the unusual appearance of the Jockey.
Android + Engineer suit + infection by alien or black goo = Space Jockey?

Or there was more than one Engineer on board the Derelict. And the other sent a message before he got killed by the 'morph that bursted from the first.

I'll be honest, when Prom first hit I thought the Alien was going to have something to do with David getting infected. When I first saw the trailer and he's holding that black dot on his finger I thought - That stuff is going to somehow mesh machine and man and make the Alien. I was actually quite willing to accept this also at the time I remember I thought that would be quite cool.

The problem with this now is that Covenant has shown that Androids absolutely 100% do not get infected by the goo, it's practically stamped all over the first two movies. Now if the way Scott has represented the series now, in that the facehuggers are just a goo delivery system then it would make zero sense for David to ever get chest busted.

The only way now is for David to create either a Android version of a facehugger ( Suppose that's possible) or he just tinkers with the design further. This is IF that's even where we are going, it may just be a simple case of Gigers designs just being rejected.

If David inexplicably get's facehugged in the final movie then writers/Director have pretty much rubber stamped the prequel series with a big " This stuff can do anything, anytime" plot device.

SM

QuoteAn android is more likely to survive a chestburst and send a message.

Facehuggers don't go after robots.

Scorpio

Androids are 2/3 human.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 22, 2017, 12:07:46 AM
Androids are 2/3 human.

No the movie both shows and tells us that androids cannot be infected. Any reversal on that would firmly put the trilogy into AVPR quality for me, unless like I said they can come up with a good reason.

jj

Is real. In rotten good reviews with 70%.

jj

Alien Covenant was a COMPLETE failure.

NO.  goods reviews in rotten( 70%) and 250 mill with budget 97 mill.. ES mediocre but no COMPLETE failure. COMPLETE is Jogn Carter  with 250 budget.   LESS box Covenant in EEUU and internacional.

BishopShouldGo

Still waiting for David to literally handle a facehugger!

Give us a scene where he has one in each hand, and tosses them towards people's faces, as they go from limp to energized mid-air as soon as they sense the humans' moist breath.

And give us a zero gravity scene where people are being chased by an alien, one of them shoots it, and they have to run away from the acid blood floating in the air towards them.

Highland

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 22, 2017, 12:53:32 AM
Still waiting for David to literally handle a facehugger!

Give us a scene where he has one in each hand, and tosses them towards people's faces, as they go from limp to energized mid-air as soon as they sense the humans' moist breath.

And give us a zero gravity scene where people are being chased by an alien, one of them shoots it, and they have to run away from the acid blood floating in the air towards them.

What happens though if a hugger hugs another hugger mid air?

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Sep 21, 2017, 11:46:51 PMI'll be honest, when Prom first hit I thought the Alien was going to have something to do with David getting infected. When I first saw the trailer and he's holding that black dot on his finger I thought - That stuff is going to somehow mesh machine and man and make the Alien. I was actually quite willing to accept this also at the time I remember I thought that would be quite cool.

The problem with this now is that Covenant has shown that Androids absolutely 100% do not get infected by the goo, it's practically stamped all over the first two movies. Now if the way Scott has represented the series now, in that the facehuggers are just a goo delivery system then it would make zero sense for David to ever get chest busted.

Imo the reason he didn't got infected is because the goo never came into contact with the fluids inside him.
His finger doesn't absorb. And he doesn't breathe so he doesn't inhale the goo.
I wouldn't find it that strange that his composition would mutate if he should inject himself with goo.

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 22, 2017, 01:14:18 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 21, 2017, 11:46:51 PMI'll be honest, when Prom first hit I thought the Alien was going to have something to do with David getting infected. When I first saw the trailer and he's holding that black dot on his finger I thought - That stuff is going to somehow mesh machine and man and make the Alien. I was actually quite willing to accept this also at the time I remember I thought that would be quite cool.

Imo the reason he didn't got infected is because the goo never came into contact with the fluids inside him.
His finger doesn't absorb. And he doesn't breathe so he doesn't inhale the goo.
I wouldn't find it that strange that his composition would mutate if he should inject himself with goo.

What about when he's been wandering the Planet for 10 years....

He specifically says to Oram it only infects "the meat". Synthetic is the opposite of meat.

SM

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2017, 01:20:33 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 22, 2017, 12:07:46 AM
Androids are 2/3 human.

What?

It's common knowledge.  Totally not an ass-pull at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed