Prey Critic Review Thread

Started by Darkness, Aug 03, 2022, 03:09:39 PM

Author
Prey Critic Review Thread (Read 35,062 times)

Kradan

Kradan

dammit

SiL

SiL

Rogue One is my favourite Star Wars movie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 12, 2022, 10:11:36 AMRogue One is my favourite Star Wars movie.

Good taste.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Let's stay on topic guys, please

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Wait, is this not the Rec Board?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 08:53:11 AMI do not endorse this use of my quotes, because The Phantom Menace is one of the only two Star Wars movies I can sit through. Whatever the other two prequels are called though, yes, those suck.

A blood vessel in my eye popped out when reading this.  ;D

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

I'd make the argument that all Star Wars movies suck actually, besides the ones were scenes featured Harrison Ford.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 02:36:17 PMI'd make the argument that all Star Wars movies suck actually, besides the ones were scenes featured Harrison Ford.

I said there were two I could sit through, not that two were good.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 02:36:17 PMI'd make the argument that all Star Wars movies suck actually, besides the ones were scenes featured Harrison Ford.

You realise Harrison Ford was in Rise Of Skywalker, right ?

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 12, 2022, 09:08:07 PM

You realise Harrison Ford was in Rise Of Skywalker, right ?
I actually didn't even bother to watch that one, or any of the crappy spinoffs, to an already overrated franchise

Kradan

Kradan

Just saying

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Empire strikes back is a masterpiece for real though.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

According to a "Den of Geek" article, this is what self-proclaimed fans of the 1987 movie who hate "Prey" don't get:

The (1987) movie is about turning the beefiest and most cartoonishly masculine clichés of '80s pop culture into helpless terrified cattle before the slaughter. Schwarzenegger of course wins—it is an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie—but mostly due to cunning, a back-to-basics approach, and finally luck.

Prey successfully digs into that back-to-basics ending and in some ways improves on it.

No, the Comanche of the Northern Great Plains in 1719 did not have machine guns, grenades, and the "choppas!" of Dutch and the boys. But it's for that reason the Predator in the new movie underestimates them... particularly Naru. Much like how the character of Anna (Elpidia Carrillo) in Predator was deemed not a threat by that film's titular monster—and Dutch even slaps a gun out of her hands when she tries to help—the Predator of Prey initially dismisses Naru as a non-threat. Also in-keeping with many of her sneering online critics, the Predator seems to veritably scoff at her holding a tomahawk, considering her less worthy of attention than a snake crawling in the grass.

Source: https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/prey-haters-fail-to-grasp-about-original-predator-movie/

Well, the author is not going to win any fans from the "Prey" haters. But the point remains,  does the author of this article have a legitimate point...or is he just trolling certain...shall we say, "segment" of the Predator fandom?

SiL

SiL

They're right. That's absolutely the point.

You can get that and still not like the movie though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed