Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 81,127 times)

UHF

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 12:59:53 AM
It'll take a while. 7 stages of grief. The denial part is done and they're in the anger part.

We need to accept this is happening. And that's it. Criticism should be left for the actual plot, which we really don't know anything about. Even I tire of these arguments. They're just one opinion vs the other.

No need for the veiled condescension.

There is absolutely nothing to accept. There has been NO hard confirmation a retcon will happen, and if you listen to this interview with Blomkamp ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihfeibtCQ#t=60 ) he says "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection".

Born Of Cold Light

The seeming merger of the alien armor with Ripley actually has a very Resurrection-esque vibe to it.  Based on some of the pictures, we might get some pretty grotesque stuff on par with the Ripley clones.

I was searching through Blomkamp's art and I found this.  Based on the design of the cocooned victim, I wonder if we might see the return of the egg-making from the deleted Alien scene:

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be extremely excited to see egg-morphing make a return.

Magegg

Quote from: UHF on Feb 27, 2015, 01:45:54 AM
It'll take a while. 7 stages of grief. The denial part is done and they're in the anger part.

We need to accept this is happening. And that's it. Criticism should be left for the actual plot, which we really don't know anything about. Even I tire of these arguments. They're just one opinion vs the other.

There is absolutely nothing to accept. There has been NO hard confirmation a retcon will happen, and if you listen to this interview with Blomkamp ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihfeibtCQ#t=60 ) he says "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection".
Yap. In fact, he's saying pretty much the complete opposite, there will be no retcon  ;D

Adam802

ALIENS wank-fest at my place guys!!  Remember to show up in your best HIX cosplay!

SpreadEagleBeagle

Retcon or not I'm not excited about this movie at all. Don't think Blomkamp is the right person to direct this. Of course it could be worse (way worse), but still.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 27, 2015, 01:58:34 AM
Quote from: UHF on Feb 27, 2015, 01:45:54 AM

There is absolutely nothing to accept. There has been NO hard confirmation a retcon will happen, and if you listen to this interview with Blomkamp ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihfeibtCQ#t=60 ) he says "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection".
Yap. In fact, he's saying pretty much the complete opposite, there will be no retcon  ;D

Sounded to me like he meant "no disrespect to 3 and Res, I'm not going out of my way to get rid of them, I just want to follow on from Aliens which, in the process, would have to overwrite 3 and Res."

But hey, I guess anything could be possible.

RakaiThwei

But didn't he also say that he wasn't going to be following on with the Ripley 8 character? Didn't he or Weaver also say that this movie was set directly after ALIENS? I mean there wouldn't enough time for something to happen between the events of LV-426 and what happened on the Sulaco.

predxeno

I think he was being sarcastic.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 27, 2015, 02:04:12 AM

But didn't he also say that he wasn't going to be following on with the Ripley 8 character? Didn't he or Weaver also say that this movie was set directly after ALIENS? I mean there wouldn't enough time for something to happen between the events of LV-426 and what happened on the Sulaco.

Maybe they have another adventure on the Sulaco where the only survivors are, yet again, Ripley, Newt, and Hicks.  As far as I know, nothing in Alien 3 would explicitly contradict that.

Nightmare Asylum

Basically, the way Blomkamp is talking, he's not actively seeking out to destroy 3/Res. He just wants to follow up on Alien and Aliens and, in the process, 3 and Res kind of have to wind up casualties.

Adam802

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 02:01:33 AM
Retcon or not I'm not excited about this movie at all. Don't think Blomkamp is the right person to direct this. Of course it could be worse (way worse), but still.

Just curious,

what WOULD you like to see in this new movie? A continuation from A3 with new characters?

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 02:09:24 AM

Just curious,

what WOULD you like to see in this new movie? A continuation from A3 with new characters?

Actually, yes, that would be good.

At least Michael Bay isn't directing it.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 02:07:08 AM
I think he was being sarcastic.

Why would he be sarcastic? Unless I'm mistaken with something here as I'm assuming you're referring to Blomkamp.

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 02:07:42 AM
Maybe they have another adventure on the Sulaco where the only survivors are, yet again, Ripley, Newt, and Hicks.  As far as I know, nothing in Alien 3 would explicitly contradict that.

But how long were they floating in space on the Sulaco after the events of ALIENS? Can someone refresh my memory regarding that?

Magegg

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 02:11:21 AM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 02:09:24 AM

Just curious,

Actually, yes, that would be good.

At least Michael Bay isn't directing it.
Didn't Ripley supposedly destroyed the last xenomorph with her sacrifice?  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed