Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 79,934 times)

predxeno

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 26, 2015, 10:48:23 PM
Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 26, 2015, 10:45:56 PM
Alien-->Aliens-->Alien 3 = Bad ending

The bad ending being she stops the company and outrightly exterminates the Alien?

That's really not saying much since the company gets their hands on the Aliens in A:CM.

xeno-kaname

The bad ending being she stops the company and outrightly exterminates the Alien?
Yeah that one  :P Because as we all know the Alien species is alive and well. And also Walmart takes Wey-Yu's place so it's all for naught.

Alien³

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 26, 2015, 11:00:58 PM

Yeah that one  :P Because as we all know the Alien species is alive and well. And also Walmart takes Wey-Yu's place so it's all for naught.

Besides the point, stroggificated wasn't talking about A:R as an ending.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:55:47 PM

That's really not saying much since the company gets their hands on the Aliens in A:CM.

Your point is utterly moot since A:CM is not a movie.

predxeno

It's canon, tho. :P

Adam802

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 11:22:05 PM
It's canon, tho. :P

prepare to be burned at the stake...

SpeedyMaxx

It's not remotely canon, and I assure you even the execs who once implied that to help sales have already forgotten all about it. None of the EU is canon or ever will be. It means nothing to anyone except the most hardcore fanbase, and that's not the demographic the studio is intent on re-pitching this franchise to. Same thing with the terrible Star Wars books or the dogged fans of that Terminator TV show - shit outta luck.

xeno-kaname

Magegg

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 26, 2015, 11:28:40 PM
It's not remotely canon, and I assure you even the execs who once implied that to help sales have already forgotten all about it. None of the EU is canon or ever will be. It means nothing to anyone except the most hardcore fanbase, and that's not the demographic the studio is intent on re-pitching this franchise to. Same thing with the terrible Star Wars books or the dogged fans of that Terminator TV show - shit outta luck.
Yeah, agree.

SpreadEagleBeagle

RakaiThwei

None of the EU is canon or ever will be.

Does this also include the EU reboot with Fire and Stone, as well as the Titan Publishing books?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 11:32:14 PM
None of the EU is canon or ever will be.

Does this also include the EU reboot with Fire and Stone, as well as the Titan Publishing books?

Probably.

They'll market it to fans and they'll gloss over any answer they give the devoted fans and pretty it up, but the bottom line is? No director who ever comes into this franchise ever again, whether it's Neill Blomkamp or Ridley Scott or Jim Cameron or anyone else, is ever going to give a shit about any of that material or want anything to do with it. That goes for the games, the books, the comics, and yes, most especially the AVP films.

They may never say that outright to your face, they may say something vague and nice to keep you hoping, but that is exactly what is happening. Doesn't mean they will ever stop pushing the product while making new films, but the films will never be beholden to any of that. Nor should they be.

stroggificated

I care for Ripley, Hicks and Newt only. Trivial things like companies or mankind don't matter.  ;)

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:55:47 PM

Don't even go there  ;D

predxeno

Sorry, but before I acknowledge something as not canon, I'll need more to go on than the moans and groans of pissed off fanboys. :(

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 12:14:05 AM

Sorry, but before I acknowledge something as canon, I'll need more to go on than the moans and groans of pissed off fanboys. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed