Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 81,494 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:17:35 PMWell, we did have Alien: Out of the Shadows which bridges the gap between the first 2 movies, and A:CM did something similar between the second and third.

The execution of both of which was laughable.

Vrastal

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:16:00 PM
  Why would their be a Predalien who can regurgitate eggs into pregnant women?  Because it sounds cool? :D

There was so much wrong with that..and those films were poorly executed as it was. i dont want anything like them

Rankles75

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 26, 2015, 10:09:08 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 26, 2015, 10:04:17 PM
As long as I get (real) Ripley, Hicks and Newt, I don't give a shit... :)

Here you go...

Low blow dude, low blow..... :D

OpenMaw

I can feel Alien3's anger.

Good.... Goooood....

Adam802

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:17:35 PMWell, we did have Alien: Out of the Shadows which bridges the gap between the first 2 movies, and A:CM did something similar between the second and third.

The execution of both of which was laughable.

Yeah, dont mention ACM to me......ever.

predxeno

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 26, 2015, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:09:15 PM

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 10:06:07 PM
Here are the options:

Option 1:
Take place after the 4 alien movies.  Sequel to Resurrection.  Bad idea in my opinion as I believe that Ripley 8 is a bad character and the story is in a bad spot at that moment.

Option 2:
Retcon Alien 3 and A:R out of existence.  They never happened.  Kinda harsh imo as A3 at least has its moments and has been considered canon for the last 22 years. 

Option 3:
Take place after Alien 3 with new characters.  Ripley is gone and dead.  Could potentially work imo, however Sigourney is going to most certainly be involved so this is unlikely, especially considering Sigourney and Blomkamp's recent comments in interviews. 

Option 4:
Alternate timeline/canon.  Takes place after AL()ENS in place of Alien 3/A:R.  A3/A:R arent retconned "out of existance", they are just ignored for the sake of this new story's different take on the direction of the franchise.  imo, this is the best option that has the greatest potential and will anger the least amount of fans.

What do you guys think?...

You forgot:

Option 5:

Secret interquel between Aliens and Alien 3.

Then Ripley had amnesia or his memory was erased and that's why she does not remember anything in Alien 3? ( I mean anything about the interquel adventure)

Yeah, exactly, lol. :laugh:

RakaiThwei

I'm still hoping that this is all an alternate timeline thing going on.

OpenMaw

I very much doubt it will try to "squeeze" between Aliens and Alien 3. It's going to push the last two films out of it's continuity and move forward.

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
I'm still hoping that this is all an alternate timeline thing going on.
Who cares. A "Timeline" becomes irrelevant when more material set on it is no longer being produced. Like Star Trek or Star Wars Legends. Just focus on the new movies and let Alien 3 and Rez back there, like museum pieces.

Vermillion

They were both mistakes.

Alien³

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 26, 2015, 10:22:07 PM
I can feel Alien3's anger.

Good.... Goooood....

Xenomorphine

We're getting a lots of confused signals, aren't we? It's like 'Prometheus' and that whole is-it-a-real-prequel-or-isn't-it stuff, all over again. Guess we're going to have to wait for something more concrete.

I don't mind if this is a retcon or not. It could be decent if it is. The first two comics are proof enough of that. There were some slight weirdisms in the first, but nothing too major and it could easily be serving as a loose template. I wouldn't mind a modified version of that, at all.

Honestly, after the convoluted mess which was 'Prometheus', I'm just hoping for an entertaining movie, at this point - whether a retcon or not. Anything else is a bonus. If it's shit, then it's shit. We recovered from 'Colonial Marines', we'll recover from this.

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 10:36:25 PM
well as an actor she is really good. but u know what? she did that shitty AR too, so i believe for her is no matter what as long as its Alien related, she loves this franchise so much

Because, like I said, Ripley's portrayal, itself, is at least enough to have caught her attention. I don't find the third and fourth movies particularly entertaining, personally (both do certain things better/worse than one another), but her own character's performance was perfectly fine in both.

So, we literally know nothing about this story, but at least that sounds like a plus.

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 26, 2015, 09:07:19 AM
Haven't seen Elysium, but I from the people I've talked to they liked it enough.

It was OK, but the very plot the entire story revolved around had huge logic-holes in it.

I think he'll be OK for this, providing he stays away from inserting similar ham-fisted political commentary in it.

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 26, 2015, 07:20:08 PM
Any previous EU that could have been cannon was washed away with the newet 3 novels werent they?

I haven't read the third one (although, it apparently has more than a few problems, going by reviews), but the first and second were... Not all that good.

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 07:41:39 PM
Prometheus arguably did the same with the AVP films and no one complained.

Personally, I don't think it did.

I used to say that the Predalien's reproductive cycle meant 'Requiem', for one, removed itself from the established canon, but ever since 'Prometheus' and its generic black ooze of doom, the Predalien stuff isn't nearly so much of a problem now...

stroggificated

So...Ripley, Hicks and Newt lived happily as family for 30 years until Alien 5 begins?

I'll just take it easy this time.

Alien-->Aliens-->Alien 3 = Bad ending

Alien-->Aliens-->Alien 5 = Good ending

Alien Resurrection? Prometheus? Never heard of that.

Now i can sleep well again.
Spoiler
Why do i see images of Ripley in a xeno suit kicking xeno butts?  ;D
[close]

Alien³

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 26, 2015, 10:45:56 PM
Alien-->Aliens-->Alien 3 = Bad ending

The bad ending being she stops the company and outrightly exterminates the Alien?

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Guts on Feb 26, 2015, 10:14:24 PM
If hicks is in this and Ripley, then its an automatic win in my book. It's neat they are ignoring Resurrection. Kinda sad they are ignoring Alien 3, but then again Alien 3 is what got us into this mess.
This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed