Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 81,556 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:38 PMNah, he was originally approached with the idea of filming Alien 3 and 4, the idea was to have Hicks back, but then he turned down.

Wrong. Gibson's script was rejected by the studio before Biehn got anywhere near it. The only actor they spoke to was Weaver, who didn't really wanna do it which is why Gibson wrote her out. Biehn has said numerous times he wanted to be a part of a third Alien film.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
very interesting, I like that Sigourney pretty much says that she didnt like the way the movies went by the end.  And I think Blomkamp is pretty much saying that he doesnt want to officially retcon A3/AR, just ignore them and make the movie he want for HIS vision, which I fully support.

So this is like PREDATORS again, where it ignored Predator to AvP-R and was more or less a direct sequel to the original Predator.

More and more, this is sounding like what Godzilla 1985 did... Serve as a sequel to the original 1954 movie, and ignore the rest. Meaning we COULD be looking at different timelines. Guys... Are we looking at different timelines now?

predxeno

I've always been under the impression that this was a different timeline, what was everyone else thinking?

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:38 PMNah, he was originally approached with the idea of filming Alien 3 and 4, the idea was to have Hicks back, but then he turned down.

Wrong. Gibson's script was rejected by the studio before Biehn got anywhere near it. The only actor they spoke to was Weaver, who didn't really wanna do it which is why Gibson wrote her out. Biehn has said numerous times he wanted to be a part of a third Alien film.
The scripts were still crappy, they didn't have no Blomkamp to write a decent follow up.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:43:22 PM
I've always been under the impression that this was a different timeline, what was everyone else thinking?

And it's somehow supposed to be connected to Prometheus...

If this is a different timeline... It confirms my suspicions.

predxeno

Alien 3 can have the AVP films and Alien (NB) will have the Prometheus films, I suppose.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:45:03 PMThe scripts were still crappy, they didn't have no Blomkamp to write a decent follow up.

:laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:48:52 PM
Alien 3 can have the AVP films and Alien (NB) will have the Prometheus films, I suppose.

^This! Totally this!!

Assuming that this is a completely different timeline and we aren't taking Blomkamp's words out of context.

predxeno

Yeah, as I said, splitting the Alien universe into two can really help many of the continuity issues that's been plaguing the AVP community. :)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PM
Yeah, as I said, splitting the Alien universe into two can really help many of the continuity issues that's been plaguing the community. :)

What? I'm the guy that came up with the multiverse/alternate timeline theory back in the multiverse thread, remember?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PMYeah, as I said, splitting the Alien universe into two can really help many of the continuity issues that's been plaguing the AVP community. :)

No. It just makes things needlessly confusing.

Not to mention it's utterly unnecessary. It's not like you can't just add to what we have. The whole multiverse thing is just pointlessly convoluted and kinda cheap.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 09:56:35 PM
Not to mention it's utterly unnecessary. It's not like you can't just add to what we have. The whole multiverse thing is just pointlessly convoluted and kinda cheap.

Not necessarily. I mean the Godzilla franchise seems to have gotten fine in the sixty years it's been around.

And if you want a franchise that is more grounded in reality, I point to the Halloween franchise which has THREE different alternate timelines. That's gotten along fine... til Rob Zombie got his hands on the franchise with the third timeline.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:53:54 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PM
Yeah, as I said, splitting the Alien universe into two can really help many of the continuity issues that's been plaguing the community. :)

What? I'm the guy that came up with the multiverse/alternate timeline theory back in the multiverse thread, remember?

Yeah, I remember, lol, I just didn't think Fox would ever consider it; here's hoping they do, especially if it means giving Newt, Hicks, Ripley, and Bishop a second chance at life. :)

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PMYeah, as I said, splitting the Alien universe into two can really help many of the continuity issues that's been plaguing the AVP community. :)

Yet people still hate on the AVP films and demand their decanonization for the exact same reason. :-\

Magegg

That would be not confusing. Just forget the old movies and embrace the new ones.

Every reboot of a franchise is an "alternate universe" indeed, so there is no confusion here.

RakaiThwei

Alternate timeline, alternate timeline, alternate timeline, alternate timeline.. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed