Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 81,700 times)

Doggo33

I just had an idea:

Make it a dream. If you plan to set it between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien: Resurrection', make sure it is a dream. That doesn't contradict anything, plus it will exempt the film from any criticism in terms of differences and new things added contradicting. Any difference in the Alien's abilities can simply be explained by the fact that it's a dream. Though please don't edit the Aliens abilities.

And please don't ruin the mystery of the Aliens. No showing them grow or something like that. Mystery is good. Modern filmmakers don't seem to understand that but it would be great if they could.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Feb 26, 2015, 07:42:28 PMMake it a dream. If you plan to set it between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien: Resurrection', make sure it is a dream. That doesn't contradict anything, plus it will exempt the film from any criticism in terms of differences and new things added contradicting. Any difference in the Alien's abilities can simply be explained by the fact that it's a dream. Though please don't edit the Aliens abilities.

It will also instantly and completely remove any tension from the story.

shakermakerman

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Feb 26, 2015, 07:42:28 PM
I just had an idea:

Make it a dream. If you plan to set it between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien: Resurrection', make sure it is a dream. That doesn't contradict anything, plus it will exempt the film from any criticism in terms of differences and new things added contradicting. Any difference in the Alien's abilities can simply be explained by the fact that it's a dream. Though please don't edit the Aliens abilities.

And please don't ruin the mystery of the Aliens. No showing them grow or something like that. Mystery is good. Modern filmmakers don't seem to understand that but it would be great if they could.
http://www.scified.com/site/aliensvspredator/could-20th-century-fox-be-planning-to-retcon-the-alien-saga

Born Of Cold Light

I very much take issue with the idea that Resurrection was a dead end.  You can have an excellent, exciting movie with the weird elements from that film.  It's problem wasn't the weirdness but just the poor plot.  Imagine an exciting, well-written film featuring some of the abominations of Cunningham and Schell brought to life.  You could have a film where alien/human hybrids like the newborn (it wasn't a good design but we only saw it as, well, a newborn) gain human-like intelligence and become opponents or allies of the humans.  Resurrection suffered from poor writing but it opened up a wealth of new possibilities.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Horrific Hominid on Feb 26, 2015, 08:02:44 PMI very much take issue with the idea that Resurrection was a dead end.  You can have an excellent, exciting movie with the weird elements from that film.

Yeah, I get people saying they didn't like it. But when people flat-out say there was nowhere to go afterwards like it's a definitive fact... What are they on about?

Vrastal

I wouldnt really want ripley 8s story to go on but saying it was a dead end is just ridiculous, she survived, she made it to earth they had a ship. they could have done anything (within reason)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 08:04:49 PM
Quote from: Horrific Hominid on Feb 26, 2015, 08:02:44 PMI very much take issue with the idea that Resurrection was a dead end.  You can have an excellent, exciting movie with the weird elements from that film.

Yeah, I get people saying they didn't like it. But when people flat-out say there was nowhere to go afterwards like it's a definitive fact... What are they on about?

Agreed. Total baloney.

predxeno

predxeno

Not that I agree with them, but Aliens: Original Sin didn't really help out the case that Ripley 8's storyline could get any fresher, Sea of Sorrows wasn't that great either. :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Feb 26, 2015, 07:42:28 PM

No, no, no. That would be WORSE than just ignoring the two sequels.

We don't need to do what Dallas and Roseanne did for their series to the Alien franchise.

Vrastal

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 08:08:05 PM
Not that I agree with them, but Aliens: Original Sin didn't really help out the case that Ripley 8's storyline could get any fresher. :-\

That wasnt a strong story to begi with. Ripley is pretty played out.. you cant really do much more with her

Adam802

There's nothing wrong with a new Alien movie that happens to take a different direction after ALIENS that shows what else could've happened.  A3/A:R will still exist.  Im loving the news coming out so far, I think it has a lot of potential and I think MOST people want this.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 08:08:05 PM
Not that I agree with them, but Aliens: Original Sin didn't really help out the case that Ripley 8's storyline could get any fresher, Sea of Sorrows wasn't that great either. :-\

Again, poor writing.  Original Sin was just boring until the very end.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 08:11:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with a new Alien movie that happens to take a different direction after ALIENS that shows what else could've happened.  A3/A:R will still exist.  Im loving the news coming out so far, I think it has a lot of potential and I think MOST people want this.

It has a lot of potential to cheapen and water down the franchise till there is nothing left (we're already pretty close to that point as it is anyways...)

Once you start making retcons and reboots you open up the gates for another round of retcons and reboots and remakes and whatnot.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 26, 2015, 07:21:24 PM
Just that more people than I thought are willing to disregard two films, with one being an official ending to the main characters arc. Fox don't care for the franchise beyond money

Yeah... Yeah that's right.

Just feel like...this franchise isn't for fans like me anymore.

Rex

Blomkamp ignoring 3 and Resurrection at this point is pathetic...utterly pathetic...a TRUE creative write could have just picked up from Resurrection and made an amazing film that would rival Alien and Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed