Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 81,494 times)

Otto

Neil Blompkamp should stay the ***k away from this, and take his crap movies with him...sigh...

predxeno

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 07:13:51 PM
"Genetic sibling", mmm... I prefer to take this as a hint that both Ellen Ripley and Hicks had twins and they will be the protagonists of the new movie...

They could also be synthetics modeled after those characters; the EU already published stories about them.

Vrastal

Any previous EU that could have been cannon was washed away with the newet 3 novels werent they?

hfeldhaus

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 06:57:35 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 26, 2015, 06:42:30 PM
Sadly no one can be surprised at them thinking of writing out two films. The Alien series has little to no integrity both in its fanbase and the controlling company.

What is that supposed to mean?

Just that more people than I thought are willing to disregard two films, with one being an official ending to the main characters arc. Fox don't care for the franchise beyond money

predxeno

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 26, 2015, 07:20:08 PM
Any previous EU that could have been cannon was washed away with the newet 3 novels werent they?

As far as I know, no official decanonizing has occurred yet.  Regardless, I was giving a possible example of how the new film may not be a complete retcon, I wasn't suggesting they were the same characters from the EU.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 26, 2015, 07:20:08 PMAny previous EU that could have been cannon was washed away with the newet 3 novels werent they?

Nope. In fact the third book actually had scenes from Newt's Tale in it.

Apone's brother

Apone's brother

Lol youre just upset because you've convinced yourself and have probably also tried to convince everyone you know, that Alien3 and Resurrection are good films. Keep moving forward Blomkamp, I cant wait to see your vision.

Lonely Universe

I'm so excited! This is what I've been waiting for since 1992, when I was 11!

Bay

I wonder why all this rage about a possible retcon of A3 and A:Res.
I mean, ok for A3, but at the time, for doing Resurrection they were CLONING Ripley with an Alien inside her.
Well, maybe you didn't read that well. They DID CLONE a human with an alien species inside her from a damn blood sample (seriously, WTF?).
A very terrible and poor start point to make a sequel. But still some of you are upset about a possible retcon of Resurrection..mmmh..okay. :D

xeno-kaname

Quote from: TimmyTurnersDad on Feb 26, 2015, 05:33:27 PM
Quote from: Horrific Hominid on Feb 26, 2015, 05:28:13 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2015, 05:14:02 PM
Quote from: Horrific Hominid on Feb 26, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
Then you are part of something much bigger that yourself and you should respect everything that's come before,

He is, hence why it's a sequel of sorts to the two best films in the series.

A spiritual sequel is one thing.  A fanboyish wank fest where a director ignores one-half of an entire franchise so he can play with real-life Ripley and Hicks action figures is something very different and very wrong.

I'm rather amused at how so many people are assuming this is just going to be a fanboy wank fest. It could be, but I actually think a new sequel to Aliens could make for a great storyline.
Oh and THIS, before it gets buried.

Vrastal

I jsut dont see how this can be anything but  a clusterf**K

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 26, 2015, 07:33:12 PM
Then you are part of something much bigger that yourself and you should respect everything that's come before,

A spiritual sequel is one thing.  A fanboyish wank fest where a director ignores one-half of an entire franchise so he can play with real-life Ripley and Hicks action figures is something very different and very wrong.

I'm rather amused at how so many people are assuming this is just going to be a fanboy wank fest. It could be, but I actually think a new sequel to Aliens could make for a great storyline.

thats becasue a rewrittting an established story is a fanfic wankfest

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 26, 2015, 07:33:37 PM

As long as this cluster fvck churns out years of soulless moolah, that fans will smear their faces with, we're all good!

Vrastal

I think i would have preferred someone like gareth edwards instead

predxeno

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 26, 2015, 07:33:37 PM

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 26, 2015, 07:33:12 PM

thats becasue a rewrittting an established story is a fanfic wankfest

Prometheus arguably did the same with the AVP films and no one complained.  I don't get why it's so surprising to so many people that the producers would do the same thing again but just... MORE.

shakermakerman

Got alien 3 on now lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed