Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 79,901 times)

Xenomorphine

Still no indication of what the story could be...

As I've said before, I have no issue with the third and fourth movies being retconned, providing it's done well. That's the big gamble. If it is, then good luck to them.

What's interesting is that Weaver's apparently been clued into the story and seems to like what's planned. not necessarily an indication of quality, of course, but it sounds as if she at least feels Ripley's portrayal would be presented as in character.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Interesting, but it's so early for people to get too upset or excited. Directors attach and detach from projects all the time, and who knows what will happen with this project if Chappie doesn't perform well at the box office. Like I said in one of the other threads, it'll be 2017 at the earliest before some incarnation of this project hits theaters, assuming it doesn't die like previous Alien 5s that Fox has had in the works. There's so much up in the air.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 25, 2015, 09:42:40 PM
Interesting, but it's so early for people to get too upset or excited. Directors attach and detach from projects all the time, and who knows what will happen with this project if Chappie doesn't perform well at the box office. Like I said in one of the other threads, it'll be 2017 at the earliest before some incarnation of this project hits theaters, assuming it doesn't die like previous Alien 5s that Fox has had in the works. There's so much up in the air.

Blomkamp is an auteur not a director for hire and it sounds like he has already signed the dotted line. Chappie's box office probably won't factor anymore.

szkoki

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 25, 2015, 09:40:21 PM
Still no indication of what the story could be...

As I've said before, I have no issue with the third and fourth movies being retconned, providing it's done well. That's the big gamble. If it is, then good luck to them.

What's interesting is that Weaver's apparently been clued into the story and seems to like what's planned. not necessarily an indication of quality, of course, but it sounds as if she at least feels Ripley's portrayal would be presented as in character.

well as an actor she is really good. but u know what? she did that shitty AR too, so i believe for her is no matter what as long as its Alien related, she loves this franchise so much

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alien³ is Dead.

What? Too soon?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2015, 10:50:31 PM
Alien³ is Dead.

What? Too soon?

20 years late... :)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Nivious

Nivious

Alien 3 is OK and Alien 4 is TERRIBLE so I think this is the only way to go...Bring back Hicks!

szkoki

szkoki

Blomkamp never can retcon this tho or anyone

Adam802

Adam802

im happy with this. definitely should be more like the first 2 movies and less like the last 2.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Retconning A3 and A:R would be nice for once.

Anderson

Anderson

Retconing is definitely a TERRIBLE idea... >:(

Necro

I strongly dislike the idea of a retcon of Alien 3 and Resurrection, they're obviously not as good as Alien and Aliens but they do belong in the Alien Quadrilogy...A true visionary can make an amazing successful new installment in an ongoing series without resorting to poor Fan-Fiction tactics of retcons...I respect everyone's opinion but I think retconing Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection at this point is a VERY poor choice...

Vrastal

Vrastal

Not happy with retcon.. im very skeptical about this..

Independent stories must be hard

GQSioux

GQSioux

Genetic Siblings....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed