New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play

Started by DarthJoker45, Dec 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

Author
New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play (Read 26,525 times)

Enjoy

Enjoy

The lack of accuracy and slow firing pace with the plasma caster has always botherd me. Something so high-tech and cool and powerful yet seems to be far from a sharp shooting weapon unless shooting someone in the back from up in a tree and that person is basicly standing still. Maybe I am wrong.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Enjoy on Dec 19, 2019, 07:05:02 AM
The lack of accuracy and slow firing pace with the plasma caster has always botherd me. Something so high-tech and cool and powerful yet seems to be far from a sharp shooting weapon unless shooting someone in the back from up in a tree and that person is basicly standing still. Maybe I am wrong.

The Super Predators did have a gun that fired significantly faster. We know the bolts are fairly slow and so from the games as the best example they have to lead the shot and aim where the opponent is moving.
That being said we do know they have weapons that fire faster and possess better aim like the blazer, it's just that they aren't normally taken on hunting trips. It's also probably why they tend to use the tri-laser as it seems to be a targeting lock for the gun even if they can fire it manually but it seems that can't generally account for a fast moving target even if it gets most things.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I might be wrong but a faster charge speed and faster traveling speed for the plasma bolt would fix the issue and maybe some kind of tracking ability for the plasma ? I would be ok with a plasma bolt that could chase a target for a short time
I guess a slow plasma shot would be just fine in close combat and for taking out a blind target

Kailem

Kailem

Some new pics and details about some of the stuff that was revealed in the trailer have gone up over on the game's Playstation page:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/predator-hunting-grounds-ps4/

Firstly it looks like we'll be starting off playing as the Scout class Predator, rather than the Hunter which is what I initially thought we might have as our default. The Hunter and Berserker classes are unlocked later. The Smart Disc and "Yautja Bow" are also weapons that need to be unlocked after ranking up. Sounds like the Combistick will be available from the get-go.

A description of the three classes:

"Scout Class

The Scout Predator is quick, light, and adept with ranged weaponry. Advantages include speed, stamina and recovery, its energy recharge rate, and the ability to pounce and jump farther.  A Scout has a lower health reserve, so has a disadvantage with up close melee weapons and can't carry as much gear as other classes.
"

"Hunter Class*

The Hunter class is a well-balanced, versatile and adaptive warrior who is in the median with strength, health, speed, stamina and recovery, and overall melee power. 
"

"Berserker Class*

The largest of the Predators, Berserkers are brutes with the highest health, the strongest melee weapon damage, and significant energy reserves. But with great bulk and towering strength comes slower movement and energy recharge rate, sluggish stamina, and a less-lengthy pounce.
"

There are also some pics of some of the new masks:

A shot from one of the new maps:

Along with the Stargazer-featuring mission from the demo that's been doing the convention rounds the description of the human objectives also mentions "taking out an infamous drug lord", so maybe that map is part of some cartel compound or something like that? Would be cool to maybe get some sort of nod to Hunters 3 in there somewhere since that'll be coming out around about then too, but probably unlikely.

Also a couple of new shots of the soldier characters:

I guess that second one is really into Kiss. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for sharing Kailem.

I'm definitely surprised the Hunter class is not the default class. That really appears to be the best fit for novice players.

I'm also liking those helmets. I was hoping to see a match to what NECA is working on - it's close but no cigar.

Kailem

Yeah I can only assume that perhaps they want to try and teach people that the Predator's not invincible, and that running into the middle of a group of four human players and trying to melee-spam your way to victory isn't a very good idea, so they're trying to emphasise staying away and being sneaky with long-range weapons to start off with.

Still, I'm surprised the Hunter isn't going to be the default class too. It seems like the basic "jack of all trades" archetypes are always the ones you start off with in everything.

And yeah no exact match with that NECA tease here, though maybe it's another mask we haven't seen yet. That "Eclipse" mask hasn't been shown anywhere except the pre-order bonus page from what I can see, so hopefully there are others we haven't seen at all yet too.

JokersWarPig

Kailem

His love for you is like a truck.

Corporal Hicks

I'm actually a little disappointed he doesn't look like a Berserker.

Kailem

Yeah it seems like they're just going to be Berserkers in name rather than appearance. I'd imagine they'll more than likely have the same sort of facial structure and colouring as the others.

Corporal Hicks

I love Predators so I'd be quite happy to see the actual Berserkers represented here.

SuperiorIronman

The Berserker strikes me more based on the film AVP Predators. Though its of course not the same suit and could just as easily been the same sort of idea with the implication that the armor is just part of a larger set.

It's also not the Super Predators so I'm not surprised he doesn't look like them. That being said I sincerely hope the Super Predators are playable. They do cameo (at least as a skull) on an Archie Versus Predator cover so it's not like we've forgotten about them.

Kailem

Yeah I'm a fan of Predators too and I really like the addition of the Supers/Berserkers to the lore, so I'd be all in favour of them being playable in this.

And yeah I feel like you could be right about them being more AVP-inspired than Predators. That actually makes a lot of sense given how large they came off in that film.

JokersWarPig

Unlockable skins at some point maybe?

molasar

To be honest, I do not want this game to be tainted by anything beyond P1 and P2 films. I just do not see any value in other films with Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed