Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,546 times)

Engineer

So far, nothing has been worse than xenogenesis
But lovesick was damn close to it lol

SiL

SiL

Deadliest of the f**king Species.

*blacks out in rage*

Engineer

Yea that one was bad, but xenogenesis put all the comics in to hibernation, including AVP and predator

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2021, 01:44:19 AM
I loved Norbert and Jeri so I have forfeit my right to complain about glowing Aliens.

Good man.

For me, it's not so much that glowing Alien is silly as it kinda contradicts point of Alien as an monster hiding in shadows, blending with its environment

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 18, 2021, 03:58:28 AM
So far, nothing has been worse than xenogenesis
But lovesick was damn close to it lol

My God, Lovesick made me want to puke. It was one hell of an uncomfortable read

bobby brown

most Aliens comics have been shit tbh. The only ones I have liked I can count on one hand.

Aliens salvation
Aliens nightmare asylum (only because of the splendid art)
Destroying angels
Aliens: dead orbit, (I mean it's alright, a bit overrated though.)

BlueMarsalis79

That's nonsense.
Glass Corridor, Sacrifice, Salvation, Survival, Inhuman Condition, Labyrinth, Wraith, Alchemy, Dust To Dust and Dead Orbit. All rule.

The others you mentioned? I wish I liked them but... just honestly not good. We got plenty of bad ones over the years yes, but just not as much as you claim.

HuDaFuK

Alien: The Illustrated Story remains the only comic I've especially liked, although there's plenty I've not yet read.

Oh, and Tribes, but that's less a comic and more a novella with pretty pictures.

BlueMarsalis79

Okay but forgive me for not including them, as it's not what comes to mind in terms of the traditional graphic novels, but yeah I love my enormous original art edition of Alien The Illustrated Story, I will have to get the standard one someday though.

And I hope Tribes gets a release that corrects the spelling errors someday although that's unlikely.

Kradan

Kradan

I've said it before but whatever - Sacrifice is great and IMO is severely underappreciated especially in terms of artwork

I would consider Havoc as somewhat hidden gem amongst DH bunch. Story is "meh" but it's certainly interesting as a weird experiment 'cause they got shit tonne of artists to draw 1-2 pages so every next page is done in different style

Also, yay for some Inhuman Condition love  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Inhuman Condition 8)

Kimarhi

I have a soft spot for all of them. 

I recently even caught myself wanting to reread DOTS for whatever reason.  I think the first two issues were pretty good from memory, and then it slowly devolves into chaos by the end. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 19, 2021, 07:44:43 PM
I have a soft spot for all of them. 

I recently even caught myself wanting to reread DOTS for whatever reason.  I think the first two issues were pretty good from memory, and then it slowly devolves into chaos by the end.

Whatever one feels about the content, those covers were gold!  :o

Corporal Hicks

Sometimes you just wanna revisit a bad one, to check if it was really that bad.

Nightmare Asylum

And sometimes you just want to revisit Lovesick.

Corporal Hicks

That's the one with his own aunt or something, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed