Unseen AvP Requiem Concept Art

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2009, 10:33:38 PM

Author
Unseen AvP Requiem Concept Art (Read 19,319 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I still see AVP-R as canon.  I think there are easily ways to make it plausible in the story line... but if those labs were in the film, I don't think it would be possible to fit it into the time line.  Good thing the idea was kicked....

War Wager

War Wager

I'm glad this lab thing came to pass. I think it would be a good basis for another story though, in the future.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

these images were interesting.

Keyes

Keyes

It's just interesting to see what other ideas/story points they were perhaps using originally... for good or bad, it's interesting stuff.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Logic would dictate that the lab concept was probably part of the original pitch the Strause brothers put to Fox, which was to be set in the future. Having deemed it too costly they hired them anyway and lumped them with the Salerno script.

Zillamaster202

Zillamaster202

Alien Predator experiementtation? That could be the next sequal...I hope.

JediYautja

JediYautja

I really like the idea of adult Xenomorphs and Predators held in cryo-stasis, but then again, it would've probably caused confusion for continuity...Unless the idea was recycled for a (hypothetically) next Alien/Predator...

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Well, after noticing the date on those concepts my explanation seems to have gone out the window. In that case, I don't know what they were thinking...

marrerom

marrerom

that secret lab stuff is exactly the direction they needed to go in. pure scifi and none of that rural redneck town shit. if only Dark Hoffman had made this movie it would have been easily 10 times better!

SiL

SiL

Man, what?  How the hell would the secret lab be better?  That's a secret lab on present day Earth. That's even more retarded than the movie we got.

marrerom

marrerom

a secret lab with alien and predator specimins ala terminator 2 would have immediatly elevated this films status from "critters" to at least the first avp's level in terms of scifi quality.   furthermore if the lab was in the same setting as the first avp then continuity would at the very least be no less damaged then it already was.  so when i say it'd be 10 times better, thats still not good. just better.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Those predator weapons and some of those masks are genuinely awesome. I love them.

SiL

SiL

Quotefurthermore if the lab was in the same setting as the first avp then continuity would at the very least be no less damaged then it already was.
Except AvP actually preserved continuity by having all traces wiped out, and, y'know, not having people with Aliens in f**king specimen containers. On Earth. In the present day. When they don't even know about them in the future.  Nothing in AvPR messed up continuity that bad.

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

Anybody notice the cloaked predator ship in orbit in the nuclear explosion shot?, maybe they were on standby ready to wipe out the alien infestation if wolf failed but were beaten to it by the us air force.

Keyes

Keyes

It's a shame Colin doesn't post here anymore. I'd like to hear what he'd have to say on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed