Order was dispatched 5 days before release!

Started by Xenoscream, Oct 02, 2014, 11:23:45 PM

Author
Order was dispatched 5 days before release! (Read 23,084 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Got carried away playing it last night. lol Damn, it really is scary as hell. I'm absolutely L-O-V-I-N-G it so far. :D

I have a few gripes, though:

1) Firstly, Amanda and the rest of the playable characters don't cast any shadows. Which is a major no-no for this type of game.

2) There should be animations where your character visibly reaches and picks up items and opens cases.

3) The bright orange highlights that indicate an object can be interacted with are overkill and breaks the immersion. Something more subtle would be appreciated.

Other than these, my mind is blown. ;)

Bald Gringo

Well I'm impressed, just escaped the medical centre and this game is everything I could of asked for. The lighting in this game is just perfect. Blue flashes with yellow warning lights whirling around as all he'll breaks loose. Epic music which makes your heart race and palms sweat. And the alien which looks and sounds stunning. Well done creative assembly.

Additionally I like the fact the AI is unpredictable, it makes dying less frustration and you next run through will be different. The circular design of the levels allows you to try all sorts of differnt options.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bald Gringo on Oct 08, 2014, 07:40:22 PMWell I'm impressed, just escaped the medical centre and this game is everything I could of asked for.

I've just got to the medical centre, got an inner jaw punched into my face, decided that was all my nerves could take this evening, switched off :)

Xenoscream

Medical centre was one of the places I died a lot, good luck ;-)

Sagit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 08, 2014, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: Bald Gringo on Oct 08, 2014, 07:40:22 PMWell I'm impressed, just escaped the medical centre and this game is everything I could of asked for.

I've just got to the medical centre, got an inner jaw punched into my face, decided that was all my nerves could take this evening, switched off :)

I just have done the same thing ;) Scary like hell!

XenoZ

XenoZ

Has anyone tried the DLC yet? Is it any good?

Bald Gringo

Has anyone else seen the Ash inspired on the spot sprint the working joe's do from time to time. A nice touch.

Xenoscream

Quote from: Bald Gringo on Oct 09, 2014, 06:51:05 AM
Has anyone else seen the Ash inspired on the spot sprint the working joe's do from time to time. A nice touch.

I laughed my ass off at that, I think there is an audio recording or email a bit later from that guy...

Spoiler
Which mentions one of the Joe's near him standing next to the magazine rack lol!
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XenoZ on Oct 09, 2014, 04:00:04 AMHas anyone tried the DLC yet? Is it any good?

I have both the bonus levels, but I'm steering clear of them until I've finished the main campaign.

Also forgot to mention that I found a recording last night made by Dallas before the Nostromo left Thedus, discussing the replacement of his usual Science Officer with Ash, and how he wasn't happy about it. That was a nice touch.

Hudson

Quotebut I'm steering clear of them until I've finished the main campaign.

Why? They both take place before the main game anyway.

If my game ever comes in the mail my plan is to play those first.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 09, 2014, 05:04:24 PMWhy? They both take place before the main game anyway.

Because I'm just much more interested in the campaign.

Plus I'd rather experience the introduction to the Alien that you'll get in singleplayer, rather than presumably being thrown straight in with it in the bonus levels.

TheMadViking

TheMadViking

Damn, This game is everything I could have asked for. The emergent gameplay is just fantastic

Just got through San Christobal medical center and my nerves are really thin right now. I have no idea how many times I have died in there, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The best moment by far was hiding in an airvent and didn't dare to move. The alien knew I was somewhere and walked around my location and the airvents around me opened and closed all the time. Just sat there for five minutes in pitch black darkness and not turning on the light because I was afraid it would get me. Finally it vent away and I made my move for the doctors keycard.

Never been so scared of a game in a long long time, which is good :-)

Engineer

My brother tried out crew expendable. He said it was harder than the main campaign, and just as satisfying as an alien experience. He seemed to like the way they've tied it in to the movie too! At one point he spent 5 minutes hiding under a table while the alien searched the room; when it finally left he made a run for the door on the opposite side of the room only to discover it was actually a locker and he accidentally hid inside it instead (it was dark, lol). The noise of the locker attracted the alien again, and it patrolled the room for another several minutes. When it finally left again, it doubled back almost immediately just as he stepped out of the locker and it got him!

I haven't tried the dlc missions yet, because I too wanted to experience the main campaign first... To learn the controls better if nothing else...

CrespiChickenStrips

CrespiChickenStrips

There are a lot of unexpected surprises in this game.  I just finished the main campaign.  Honestly, this is apples and oranges to the likes of ACM or even AVP Classic/AVP 2.  This is unlike any Alien game ever made so it's unfair to compare it to the predominantly first person shooter titles of yore.  With that being said, this is one of the most faithful renderings of the Alien universe in video game form, and is by far the scariest and most intense one ever.

The DLC missions are both great fun and extremely challenging.  As is Survivor mode.  Again, this game has plenty of nuggets I never expected, but in a good way, not a "oh man I can't believe the did THAT" way.  Cheers to CA for putting out a great game.

With that said, I wish I had a better system than PS3.  Some glitchiness and framerate issues there.

Forgot to mention, by far my least favorite aspect of the game is the android combat, mainly because they're so damn DIFFICULT to kill, and also because I feel they are overused in the latter half of the game.  Good thing you can adjust difficulty settings on the fly  ;D  I played about the first half of the game on Hard and then had to wimp out and bump it down.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TheMadViking on Oct 09, 2014, 10:03:37 PMJust got through San Christobal medical center and my nerves are really thin right now. I have no idea how many times I have died in there, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

:D I'm getting my ass handed to me there, I spent about fifteen minutes last night hiding in a locker just because I was too scared to step out and have a look around.

Oh, and another time I got stuck behind a door that paused for an eternity before it opened, and then just as it did - skewered from behind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed