Order was dispatched 5 days before release!

Started by Xenoscream, Oct 02, 2014, 11:23:45 PM

Author
Order was dispatched 5 days before release! (Read 22,889 times)

Look into my eye

Had to have a breather, absolutely terrifying lol.

Xenoscream

Haha guys so nice to hear you enjoying it, savour every bit. Can't wait to hear you reactions to the mid game bit ;-)

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler re: mid-game:

Spoiler
I about messed my pants. I really really really wanted it to be longer though. And I thought the hallways should have been bigger to accomodate Jockey/Engineer but it all looked so frigging gorgeous!!!!
[close]

Pvt. Frost

Pvt. Frost

Barely into the game and it's already scared me a couple of times.  Haven't had this many jump moments since watching the original Alien when I was a kid.  Awesome game all around so far and a completely different beast compared to A:CM (which, unlike many, I actually enjoyed in parts).

Engineer

I'm not sure about the other consoles/platforms, but on the xbox360 there was some sort of "alien isolation mini game" on the dashboard. I played through it; it took about 5 minutes. Kinda cool, and provided only what I can assume to be a little bit of back story (I have isolation, but I haven't been able to play it just yet). The best part was, when I completed the mini game I was awarded with a free "promo theme" so now my xbox's home screen is alien themed! Pretty sweet! There's also 2 free "alien isolation gamer pic" packs available through the Xbox live market place.

HuDaFuK

I spent a good while on the game last night, and first impressions were very good indeed. Bloody terrifying even before I got anywhere near the Alien.

However, something then happened that spoiled it a bit, and to me it seems like a pretty major glitch. It occurred on the third mission, after you use the Sevastopol's transit system for the first time:
Spoiler
After finally meeting the Alien for the first time, I have to backtrack and hack the big door in the main lobby to proceed, except it's being guarded by four or five armed men, and after being stuck for literally an hour I decided to have a glance at a guide online. Turns out the Alien should've showed up and killed them all, and I then have to dodge just the Alien and hack the door. In fact, as I enter the room, I can actually hear the gunshots and screams as the Alien tears them apart, but when I get inside, the people are still there patrolling, and there's no Alien. With them there it's impossible to proceed because no matter what I do they spot me while I'm trying to hack the door. I've tried reloading and the same thing happens every time. From what I've read the Alien's appearance here is a scripted event, but it won't trigger :( Any ideas?
[close]

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 08, 2014, 07:39:55 AM
I spent a good while on the game last night, and first impressions were very good indeed. Bloody terrifying even before I got anywhere near the Alien.

However, something then happened that spoiled it a bit, and to me it seems like a pretty major glitch. It occurred on the third mission, after you use the Sevastopol's transit system for the first time:
Spoiler
After finally meeting the Alien for the first time, I have to backtrack and hack the big door in the main lobby to proceed, except it's being guarded by four or five armed men, and after being stuck for literally an hour I decided to have a glance at a guide online. Turns out the Alien should've showed up and killed them all, and I then have to dodge just the Alien and hack the door. In fact, as I enter the room, I can actually hear the gunshots and screams as the Alien tears them apart, but when I get inside, the people are still there patrolling, and there's no Alien. With them there it's impossible to proceed because no matter what I do they spot me while I'm trying to hack the door. I've tried reloading and the same thing happens every time. From what I've read the Alien's appearance here is a scripted event, but it won't trigger :( Any ideas?
[close]

Ohhh yes I know the bit you are talking about:

Spoiler
So it's when you are on a balcony right, and in the central lobby are a bunch of people, and the door is just where you pick up the hacking device? I can confirm the alien did turn up and kill them all in my game, didn't seem that scripted though, but a gunshot should be enough to make it appear so if that's not working sounds bugged. Try going back down the stairwell etc to try and trigger the script again. At least you are not too far into the game :-s

Just had another idea, there are some rewire panels, you could try triggering an alarm with one of them and the humans should go over and investigate, might buy you enough time to do the hack, there is one on the right hand side of the balcony near the stairs.... good luck!
[close]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2014, 08:27:59 PM
Spoiler re: mid-game:

Spoiler
I about messed my pants. I really really really wanted it to be longer though. And I thought the hallways should have been bigger to accomodate Jockey/Engineer but it all looked so frigging gorgeous!!!!
[close]

Hick's man I'm so glad I can finally talk about this...

Spoiler
It was amazing right??! The moment the flashback begins and you are in the suits I guessed what was about to happen and was so happy, I thought it was done so well and the perfect fan service. I also had a close look at the SJ and it's exactly like in Alien, i.e. no Prometheus influence there at all... it's the scene I think we have all wanted to "be in" and I'm so stoked they put it in the game
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 08, 2014, 07:51:08 AMOhhh yes I know the bit you are talking about:

Spoiler
So it's when you are on a balcony right, and in the central lobby are a bunch of people, and the door is just where you pick up the hacking device? I can confirm the alien did turn up and kill them all in my game, didn't seem that scripted though, but a gunshot should be enough to make it appear so if that's not working sounds bugged. Try going back down the stairwell etc to try and trigger the script again. At least you are not too far into the game :-s
[close]

That's the part.

Spoiler
I've tried shooting. (I actually tried to take the guys on in a firefight at one point. It went well...) I've tried distracting them. Then when I learned the Alien should've been there I've tried running back and forth and reloading a few times. It was late so I gave up in the end, but I'm hoping loading an earlier save might help. It's a shame because up to that point I was loving it!
[close]

Xenoscream

Is it actually possible to load an earlier save? On the PS4 it seems you can only have one save and keep overwriting it... it's make the game even more tense for me. :-/

HuDaFuK

Whenever I've died it comes up with "load current save" and "load previous save". I've never had cause to try the latter, but I'm assuming it will be my previous save point.

Otherwise I may have to start over :(

Xenoscream

Ahhh I see.... I should probably stop saving every 15 seconds in that case, would hate to get stuck as well :-s

I think you should try stealth again though... distractions should buy you about 15 secs... fighting generally = instant death in this game. Good luck!

Sagit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 08, 2014, 07:58:26 AM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 08, 2014, 07:51:08 AMOhhh yes I know the bit you are talking about:

Spoiler
[close]

That's the part.

Spoiler
I've tried shooting. (I actually tried to take the guys on in a firefight at one point. It went well...) I've tried distracting them. Then when I learned the Alien should've been there I've tried running back and forth and reloading a few times. It was late so I gave up in the end, but I'm hoping loading an earlier save might help. It's a shame because up to that point I was loving it!
[close]

Playing PC version. Didn't have any problems there. Alarm went off. Xeno cąme out of the vent. Went away. After a minute of sweating I went after it/him/her, heard the gunshots and by reaching balcony i saw it/him/her killing last of humans. Then wnet into the vent above the doors.
And for the record: The game is best thing I've played since Skyrim and definetly best Alien game. It is even better than I thought it would be and even better than some of the movies (Resurrection I'm looking at you). Sorry about spoiling but I don't how to make a "spoiler" clicking thingy.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 08, 2014, 08:22:29 AMI think you should try stealth again though... distractions should buy you about 15 secs... fighting generally = instant death in this game. Good luck!

I tried all manner of stealthy options, there are just too many people patrolling. Even if some of them get distracted, there's always someone hanging around to spot me.

Like I said, I'll try loading an earlier save and just hope for the best.

Sagit

You can lure some of tchem by rewiring speakers. One or two should come to investigate and then...the wrench time ;)

HuDaFuK

OK, loading an earlier save worked... and now I immediately wish it hadn't. This game is brown trousers time!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed