AvPR Article in Empire Magazine

Started by Darkness, Oct 27, 2007, 02:03:52 PM

Author
AvPR Article in Empire Magazine (Read 13,931 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm sure the kid brings gravity and innocence in the middle of a creature war within the movie, but it's a bit negating when the article talks abouit awesomeness and then shows us a still clip of something rather normal for any given film.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

She's holding onto Kelly's hand because they're RUNNING away you dunce.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Oct 28, 2007, 02:05:14 AM
She's holding onto Kelly's hand because they're RUNNING away you dunce.

As per usual, your fervor forces you to Flame for Colin (tm). Don't you remember the post deletion you received after last time?

I'm not saying she shouldn't be running away. I'm asking why we get this still when just about everything up until now has been a credible creature shot.

Noir-Gojira

QuoteKnow what would rule?

A movie that combined both awesomeness and existentialism.

One step at a time, Sil.

JordanLee

JordanLee

Are none of you considering that maybe Paul Anderson is just an idiot? ??? Besides, what other excuse could he make for making that abomination? :-\

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 12:13:57 AM
Anderson works on the cheap. It's part of his appeal.

Yeah, but he points out in the commentries that they didn't even have enough money for more than one or two torches. They had to do some camera tricks to make it look like there were more than they could afford.

Quote from: Lovely Man on Oct 28, 2007, 12:29:43 AM
One thing that I noticed in the Empire article is the in the synopsis of the film. It states that the predator ship that crashes is carrying aliens for training purposes. That could just be Empire assuming, or it could be an explanation for the facehuggers on the ship (or why they indeed let the Predalien grow - a theory I believe Xenomorphine supports).

Training purposes? Interesting... That would seem to support what I came up with, yeah. I'll read the scans a bit more thoroughly.

Wonder what would cause the Predalien's three-year ship captivity to come to a sudden end, then. Predator sabotage?

Maybe Sean connery will come out of retirement to play the Predator Captain.

"Mosht thingsh in here don't react well to fashehuggersh, Comrade... Clickity-clackety, clickety-clackety, clickety-clackety."

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 01:22:03 AM
Know what would rule?

A movie that combined both awesomeness and existentialism.

Awesome existentialism?

Sounds like a fun course. I wanna' teach it. Or at least be signed up.

Xenomorphine

I just checked. It says only that the ship is meant to be carrying eggs, not that it's there for carrying out training.

Still, the apparent gap of three years would have to somehow be explained, if that's the case.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Thanks for the scans. ;)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 28, 2007, 01:25:58 AM
I'm sure the kid brings gravity and innocence in the middle of a creature war within the movie, but it's a bit negating when the article talks about awesomeness and then shows us a still clip of something rather normal for any given film.

You just aren't prepared for the sheer impact of its awesomeness, dude. This shall be awesomeness beyond your wildest, most awesome of awesomest dreams.

You know why?

Awesomeness, pure and simple.

War Wager

War Wager

On the subject of awesomeness, that is the Predalien summed up in one word. It doesn't look as it should, but it looks a heck of a lot more awesome than it would have.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Oct 27, 2007, 08:31:40 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Oct 27, 2007, 04:28:31 PM

2007: A Predator ship carrying Alien eggs crashes outside a small US town. Townsfolk are impreganted, chaos ensues and an elite Predator is sent to the clean up the mess. AVP REQUIEM

So AVPR takes place in 2007, i remember heading that this movie takes place the same year as AVP.
Colin said onthe main site of AvP Galaxy that AvP-R takes place right after AvP. So it's 2004. And then AvP-R could be a real sequel to AvP (altar scene, you know guys). See:

Colin_Strause | 28 Oct 2007 03:2711
Um, this movie takes place right after AVP, so it ain't 2007.

War Wager

War Wager

It's not our fault ^. It was Empire that guessed that was the year.

Xenomorphine

At least that's confirmed, then. Thanks for catching the detail.

It's going to be weird maintaining that a Colorado town got wiped out in 2004, from our present standpoint, though. :)

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 07:24:48 AM
I just checked. It says only that the ship is meant to be carrying eggs, not that it's there for carrying out training.

Still, the apparent gap of three years would have to somehow be explained, if that's the case.
The bit I refer to is in the orange section entitled 'Briefing' where it states under plot: "A ship carrying Aliens - destined to be killed by Predators-in-training - crashes in a small US town."

Of course it does say some things we know are false, so it could just be empire assuming like I said: "A team of Predators is sent to clean up. Kelly O'Brien (Aylseworth) attempts to lead the townsfolk to safety."

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Lovely Man on Oct 28, 2007, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 07:24:48 AM

Of course it does say some things we know are false, so it could just be empire assuming like I said: "A team of Predators is sent to clean up."

I have the magazine. It says "An elite Predator is sent to clean up the mess" or something like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed