Newt's Doll Sent to Press

Started by WinterActual, May 26, 2011, 07:40:27 PM

Author
Newt's Doll Sent to Press (Read 43,971 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 27, 2011, 01:36:50 AM
That isn't the way GBX handles PR. 

What if this thing was sent out by a fan who is fed up with waiting for more news and wants to motivate some sort of response from GBX?  Anyone can send a doll to press but only GBX can distribute real news (of which we still have none).

I'm just sayin...

If it was one doll then maybe. But the fact that its more than one doll and they all decided to put up their articles at about the same time makes me sort of think its all planned.

Ash 937

Ash 937

If one guy drops off multiple doll heads in boxes at the postal service, chances are pretty good that they will be delivered at around the same time to the recipients.  GBX aren't the only kids on the block with the know-how to mail multiple packages at once.

I don't care about doll heads.  I don't think there is anything brilliant or original about this gimmick.  I just want more news and a release date at this point.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Newt's doll...

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

My heart, MY HEART!!! This game is killing me, even before I get to play it! So many ups and downs... Now this steep hill upwards, I'm not sure I'll make it... :-X

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's gotta be Colonial Marines. What  else could it be? The Joystiq article also mentioned something about seeing it?

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2011, 10:20:15 AM
It's gotta be Colonial Marines. What  else could it be?
It better be, dammit!

Ok, calm, breathe...

Seriously, if this is not A:CM and turns into a platformer or something I'm done with... this game. ;)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 27, 2011, 06:39:47 AM
Newt's doll...

Preds' all pissed off cause he ain't gettin' a game lolz.

Nope

Nope

Woe, thats freaken awesome!

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2011, 10:20:15 AM
It's gotta be Colonial Marines. What  else could it be?

Probably just a lame fan who watched "The Big Lebowski" one too many times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_VAfVhsvOA#noexternalembed-ws

Gazz

Gazz

I don't know why anyone would think this to be a fake when video-game and film companies are constantly using such marketing techniques. You only have to look at the extensive mail marketing the Dante's Inferno publishers carried out, posting objects of each sin in the run up to the release of the game. Heck look at the examples over at Joystiq. There's no doubt in my mind that this is legit.

ikarop

ikarop

It saddens me greatly that our site didn't receive a Casey... but oh well. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We have no postal address though.

Vakarian

Vakarian

That head creeps me out more looking at it now, than in the actual film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed