All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,841,524 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Maybe so but worked  :D

To some, the power of the dark side seems to be just too addicting to pass up.  We see Anakin enjoying the dark power rising even as it suppressed his compassion to a point of killing younglings  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So apparently Pedro Pascal quit The Mandalorian because he wasn't getting enough face time.  Still just a rumor at this point, but it seems to be gaining traction.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 18, 2020, 04:03:25 PM
So apparently Pedro Pascal quit The Mandalorian because he wasn't getting enough face time.  Still just a rumor at this point, but it seems to be gaining traction.

The rumor also stems from Grace Randolph though, sooooo

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

All through season one I kept thinking how cool it was that we didn't see his face even in his private moments, but I also kept wondering how long the actor would tolerate it.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 18, 2020, 04:03:25 PM

Why? It's been known forever that he mostly just does the voice and that there are a couple of stunt doubles (one of them is John Wayne's Grandson) who are in the suit.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2020, 02:55:41 PM
https://twitter.com/JakeLuntDavies/status/1306962108458950657

This is so insanely cool...

Definitely. I like this bio-design. On the other hand, although related, it is like something you might find in Bespin.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 18, 2020, 04:21:36 PM
All through season one I kept thinking how cool it was that we didn't see his face even in his private moments, but I also kept wondering how long the actor would tolerate it.

Yes. If the rumor is true, I can't blame him. But at the same time I had mixed feelings. This is Star Wars, and it's great to see faceless characters with badass voices in helmets.  :-\

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Honestly, they should have just hired stuntmen to wear the suit and a voice actor to dub his lines from the very beginning.

SiL

SiL

That's basically what they did. Pascal was in very little of the first season in the suit -- in fact I don't think he started wearing it until episode 3 or 4, and even then it was more often than not stunt performers.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, but Pascal isn't usually just a voice actor.  They're accustomed to being heard and not seen, but I imagine Pascal was chafing at being the star of this hugely popular show yet hardly ever getting to emote with his face.

Hell, Gina Carano is so wooden she'd have fit right into the prequels, but even she gets more face time than he did.  I wouldn't be surprised if he thought the constant helmet-wearing was just a gimmick that would be gradually phased out after the first season.

SiL

SiL

Oh, you meant like a professional voice actor. Yeah, considering the voice doesn't even sound immediately recognisable as him they could've easily just got him in for a cameo when the helmet came off.

Not sure what he expected signing up to a show where it was pretty clear that the character would literally rather die than take his helmet off, but I guess not everyone can be Karl Urban.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even Dredd was just a one-off and Urban did get to show at least part of his face in that movie.  The Mandalorian could go on for several more seasons so that's a pretty long-term commitment for an actor.

But, yeah, what did he expect?  Unless promises were made to ditch the helmet at some point, I don't think Pascal should have been surprised by any of this.

SM

SM

Boba was played by two guys in Empire and neither did the voice.  And now he has a new voice.

No wonder Jeremy Bulloch's career never took off.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 21, 2020, 06:42:34 AM
Even Dredd was just a one-off and Urban did get to show at least part of his face in that movie.
Urban is keen for more and knows that the character never shows more than his mouth. I think the guy's fine with not showing his face much for a role - but he's an outlier.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2020, 06:49:35 AM
Boba was played by two guys in Empire and neither did the voice.  And now he has a new voice.

Speaking of which, how did Boba Fett keep his kiwi accent well into adulthood?  At least the clone troopers were rapidly-aged and surrounded by their brothers who all sounded like that.  What's Fett's excuse?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed