Alien: Covenant Shooting March 2016 + Trilogy Details

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 27, 2015, 07:27:46 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Shooting March 2016 + Trilogy Details (Read 29,551 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ridley Scott has been talking a little more about his upcoming Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant, at a press conference in Sydney and whilst some of the details are something he’s said before there’s actually quite a lot of new interesting information in this report from The Hollywood Reporter including confirmation of a new trilogy of films starting with Alien: Covenant:

“Its a very complex story. Its an evolution of what I first did with Prometheus 1," he said of the new film, which tells the story of the crew of the colony ship Covenant, who discover what they think is an uncharted paradise but is actually a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the synthetic David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

“Prometheus 1 was borne out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 – I only did one as I don’t normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the 3 that followed  that no-one asked the question “why the Alien, who made it and why?” Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from.

So I'm now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we'll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that's finished there'll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979.”

Ridley Scott on the set of Prometheus. Alien: Covenant will explore more about the Engineers: "

Ridley Scott on the set of Prometheus. Alien: Covenant will explore more about the Engineers: “So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered."

At the press conference Ridley Scott also confirmed that shooting of Alien: Covenant would commence in March 2016 with Michael Fassbender arriving in Sydney in mid-March for a 16 week shoot. Scott also confirms that Noomi Rapace’s Shaw will be in Alien: Covenant, albeit briefly: “Other casting hasn't been confirmed, although Scott did say that Prometheus 1 star Noomi Rapace will only appear briefly in Covenant.”

He also talked a little about shooting the film in both studio shoots and on location: “Shooting will be  a mix of location and studio shoots with location requiting "monumental forest and monumental rock and the rest will be in the studio with fairly formidable CGI. The Martian was made for the most part 94 pecent in a Budapest studio. With green screen I now can't tell what was studio and what was shot in Wadi Rum.

Scott also spoke about the notion of filming the other Prometheus sequels in Australia as well, moving away from England and Pinewood Studios where he shot the original Alien and Prometheus. Thanks to Willie Goldman for the news.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Wait the article suggests that Alien covenant is to be the start of a trilogy? No Scott, NO, Prometheus was the start of this Trilogy!

Follow up on what you've set up in Prometheus to continue and further expand and explore in Alien Covenant.

Then conclude the series of events established with your 3rd final film that connects to the events of Alien, whether that's approached as a flash black to millions of years ago where we see the Engineer/Space Jockey fly his ship only for him to succumb to a chestburster leading him to crash on LV-426. On the other hand Prometheus established that the Engineer bio suit has an exoskeleton quality thus "NOT MAKING IT FOSSILIZED AS DALLAS FROM ALIEN HAD MISTAKEN IT TO BE." 

STOP with your bullshit "Oh I wasn't 100% satisfied with Prometheus being the jumping off point of this Trilogy but this next installment shall Truly begin the Trilogy."

STOP IT SCOTT, STOP TRYING TO GO HOBBIT UNNECESSARY FRANCHISE. Alien and Aliens are phenomenal achievements, but they're Sc-Fi/Thriller/Horror/Action Monster movies, the franchise has a certain appeal, the audience doesn't equal that of the more recent block buster films. That's probably why he's making multiple films, more movies more money to be made with this cash cow.

It is however impressive that due to the hype of what people thought they were getting with Prometheus that the movie grossed 400 million, over quarter of a billion, but its not something easily repeated, I doubt that Alien Covenant will quite gross that amount as Prometheus, now that the fans who felt burned out by Prometheus will probably be unwilling to give this sequel a chance it won't be a big of a box office.

And making a film with an incomplete narrative because your already setting up a sequel leaves us dissatisfied. Just focus on crafting a good film and let us the audience and fans demand more installments!

STOP EXPLOITING THE SERIES WITH ENDLESS AMOUNT OF PREQUELS!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2015, 07:27:46 AM"So I'm now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we'll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve."

In the words of the Virgin Mary... Come again?

windebieste

I am not surprised that this will be a trilogy.  Scott had already hinted that there would be 2, maybe 3 sequels in the works.   These will all no doubt fit in between 'Prometheus' and 'ALIEN'. 

This will be the first time any 'ALIEN' movies have ever been planned to be more than just a single film.  It will be interesting to see how this trilogy bridges the gap between the 2012 movie and the original one from 1979.  It's good to see that some kind of over arching intention with 3 movies is being planned rather than linking together the piecemeal iterations we have seen released in the past. 

I am looking forward to seeing how this all pans out.

-Windebieste.

CainsSon

4 month+ is a long shoot and lots of green screen.... This is going to be a big film. Its sounding good so far.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 27, 2015, 09:09:02 AM
This will be the first time any 'ALIEN' movies have ever been planned to be more than just a single film.  It will be interesting to see how this trilogy bridges the gap between the 2012 movie and the original one from 1979.  It's good to see that some kind of over arching intention with 3 movies is being planned rather than linking together the piecemeal iterations we have seen released in the past. 

I am looking forward to seeing how this all pans out.

This is the bit that interests me most. Prometheus was a complete mess. No denying that. I was worried about how the prequel trilogy would pan out with that being a part of it. I'm more confident and interested in seeing Covenant as the start of the new series. Hopefully they've actually found and planned an actual direction this time instead of just clusterf**king it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 27, 2015, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2015, 07:27:46 AM"So I'm now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we'll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve."

In the words of the Virgin Mary... Come again?

Yeah. No idea either.

oduodu

Is Prometheus like the Hobbit was to the LOrd of the rings trilogy ??

windebieste

In the context that once all three of these new films are released, 'Prometheus' will end being considered as a Prelude to the greater drama of the new 'ALIEN' trilogy? 

Yeah.  That's my thinking, too.

-Windebieste.

oduodu

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 27, 2015, 10:32:47 AM
In the context that once all three of these new films are released, 'Prometheus' will end being considered as a Prelude to the greater drama of the new 'ALIEN' trilogy? 

Yeah.  That's my thinking, too.

-Windebieste.

They must stick with it now !! I still believe !!

Shamo

I am hyped! A whole new trilogy! And somewhere in between another Aliens with a new Pulse Rifle!

Now- that that is settled- whats with the Predator? You got the Books and Comics rolling- gimme some Bad Ass Predator Duel Hunting Horror Survival Movie!

And then you will get all my money!

whiterabbit

Man does Google translate have a Ridley Scott algorithm? I'm pretty sure he means the sequel A:C will take place directly after Prometheus and that Shaw will repair David and the story starts from there. Never the less I am thrilled as can be that we're getting a trilogy out of this book ended by Prometheus and Alien.

XENOMORPHOSIS

The down side of this is that if the numbers for Alien Covenant don't hold up to what they hope we may not get the other sequels  >:(  I hate when they plan ahead for a series/franchises outline only for them to give up when the results aren't enough!

Whiskeybrewer

I can speak English and fluent Drunkenese, but I've got no clue what Ridley just said lmao

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 27, 2015, 12:40:13 PM
I can speak English and fluent Drunkenese, but I've got no clue what Ridley just said lmao

I am seriously confused by what he just said as well LOL!

"Which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender" what?

Corporal Hicks

Could just be an error from whoever transcribed it though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed