PG-13 Certificate for AvP?

Started by Darkness, Apr 05, 2004, 02:44:18 PM

Author
PG-13 Certificate for AvP? (Read 15,616 times)

MARK

MARK

A  PG13 RATED AVP MOVIE DOESNT MEAN SHIT. IF ITS TRUE, IT DOESNT MATTER, ITS STILL THE SAME FILM. LET THE MOVIE SPEAK FOR ITSELF BEFORE CONDEMING IT BEFORE ITS RELEASE. WITH ALL THE PREVIEWS, SCREENSHOTS, AND BEHIND THE SCENES ALREADY RELEASED HALF A YEAR BEFORE THE FILMS RELEASE, DONT BE SHOCKED IF YOU GOT FOOLED BY SOME PUBLICITY STUNT. GOOD PUBLICITY, BAD PUBLICITY, THERE STILL GETTING IT

ALIENS

ALIENS

WOW some people are still stuck in fantasy land.

Mr Nose

Mr Nose

Ive gotta say i was shocked like hell when i found this out. There's two things bugging me; how they could make AVP a PG13 and why? Im not really too fused about what rating it gets because i know its gonna be amazing, but still i dont see how you can put aliens predators and humans in the same room and come up with no gore. Go R rating!!!

The Godfather

The Godfather

I agree,and was shocked as well, but it didn't make any sense. It was as if the Producers never seen the seperate Alien and Predator Films which won an R rating for each one. Predator 2 alone should have won a friggin "MA" rating for its blood,gore,violence,and sexual content, which most of us teens thrive on today as Entertainment. I gotta say if this movie is rated PG-13 there will be so much hatemail sticking out the Producers mailboxes and E-Mail addresses from Fans like us who have been Very patient.

Predqueen

Predqueen

Predator movies should have guts and gore lying around and PG 18 rating   >:D  

Demonicus666

Demonicus666

"We're not making any specific rated movie. We're making the movie that we're making and it'll get the rating that it gets. There's so much unpleasantness in this movie. I mean, it's pretty gruesome."  From what Pual Anderson said last December he really does not care for the fans. If he really was a true fan boy, then he would have the film rated R!!!, not PG-13!!  I had high hopes for Anderson, but now if he does not the film justice and makes it pg-13, then that is not fair to the fans that have been waiting 14+ years for this movie.  Instead we get a watered down, no blood splattering on the walls movie, made to get stupid kids and teenagers into the movie!!!  All I know is that if it does become pg-13 and does badly we all know, that both the franchises will go down the toilet.  I for one want a R rating!   >:D  

Growler

Growler

One thing I got to comment on.  Any one notice that it's only Empire Magazine that's talking about AVP being PG-13?  No other movie site is claiming it.

Here's a fun tip.  Go do a search on "Alien vs Predator R P-13" and see how many sites put a PG-13 next to the AVP title.  I came across one article that talks about the majority of movies being made this year shooting for a PG-13 rating.  The most interesting part of the article is this:   "Anyone who watches movies knows that what passes for a PG-13 movie these days likely would have been rated R just a few years ago. Just as soon as the FTC clamped down on marketing R-rated movies, the PG-13 rating almost simultaneously expanded to allow for more violence and even a little more sex, studio executives say. Even with close-up battle scenes, each of the three "Lord of the Rings" movies was rated PG-13, and despite a barrage of double-entendres, every "Austin Powers" film was, as well. Although it, too, is rated PG-13, "Secret Window" includes a screwdriver jammed into (and extracted from) a human head, then stabbed into a leg."  Here's the rest of the Article. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/living/8357977.htm

Jonathan Teasdle

Jonathan Teasdle

:   :-\   I want this film to have ,blood,guts,fights,weapons and plenty of death. By rating this film anything other than a 18`certificate would put people off just by its own. Please Please Please ! make this a great film because you already have the best ingredients that a film needs -an Alien and a Predator

Predboy

Predboy

You are so right about the ingrediant stuff Jonithan.   :)  

pred

pred

making it a pg-13 that sux ass   >:D  

GiJoe79905

GiJoe79905

An AVP movie to be pg-13 is about the stupidiest thing I have ever seen.  There is going to be a 1000 aliens and then one predator then all of a sudden they are going to break into a song and dance number? Hell no!  What are they thinking,  the whole idea of the Aliens and predator is a bloody and violent history.  Granted this is the first time they are going to meet why would it all of a sudden change,  just to let little kitties in.     >:D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed