Prometheus Banner...

Started by Darkoo, Jun 14, 2011, 06:20:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Banner... (Read 44,069 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

That banner looks so good.  I love seeing detailed banners like this because they always show how good a movie is going to be.  There is just so much going on in this banner that I know this movie will be interesting.

Valheru

Valheru

Nice work, I think it still needs something extra though...the single light shining on the real one adds like another dimension to the image, a deeper feeling than looking at a simple black background of whats hiding in the dark...a boding sense of dread (or something like that ;)).

I think if you replicated the light source on the black background with some slight grain / noise and even replicated the slight real world lens flare it would be a sweet looking digital recreation of the Prometheus teaser poster ;D ...ohh and dont forget the text at the bottom :P

In regards to all the speculation on references as such, I don't see or think of any of that...I just think "that looks cool" and gives me a sense that its going to be a sweet movie, a film that takes itself seriously and that isn't interested in trying to gloss up and cater for a wider more mainstream fan base / market in the name of making money.

QuoteThere is just so much going on in this banner that I know this movie will be interesting.

I can't relate to this as there basically isn't anything actually happening in the banner, it doesn't show anything about the movie except going on the font type you can say for sure that it's sci-fi and being made by Ridley, it should be good sci-fi 8)...for me I just get an overall sense or feeling of something from it and an impatient wish that it would hurry up and get to 2012 already :D

Cheers,

Valheru

Pn2501

Pn2501

lens flare, this isn't a jj Abrams film.  ;D

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 16, 2011, 08:03:45 AM

Yeah maybe leave out the lens flare :P...I was just referring to the very faint flare you can see in the photo above (the barely visible light grey circles), nothing silly  ;)...it may even just be dust specks on the lens LOL

Cheers,

Valheru

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 16, 2011, 12:40:15 AM

before you rag on me it's not identical, the font is a derivative of the Gill Sans font, I've quickly modified it up to match best i can considering the quality of the source photo.

edit :  it wasn't centered.

fixed.

This is perfect. I love it. :)

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 16, 2011, 08:03:45 AM

P  R  O  M  E  T  H  E  U  S

THIS IS NOT...

YOUR FATHER'S...

ALIEN.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The only thing I see of note is that the 'E' is upside down....which may hint at something. Everything we thought we knew will be turned on it's proverbial head? That said....how much control will Scott have in terms of marketing? Hmmmm.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Valheru on Jun 16, 2011, 07:52:27 AM
In regards to all the speculation on references as such, I don't see or think of any of that...I just think "that looks cool" and gives me a sense that its going to be a sweet movie, a film that takes itself seriously and that isn't interested in trying to gloss up and cater for a wider more mainstream fan base / market in the name of making money.

Bingo. For all we know the design was whipped up in two minutes so the studio could have something, anything to represent the film at the expo and build a little buzz.

Seriously, I can't wait to see how this place will explode when an actual publicity still hits.

Huol

Huol

fix'd

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

That's better. Now we can take it seriously.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Huol on Jun 16, 2011, 05:52:33 PM
http://gyazo.com/a85d164dc064325a6abceed0aacfe9e3.png

fix'd

Looking good Huol, although I dare to suggest that the flare needs to be taken down a notch (particularly the white flare in the bottom left and the top left; which is somewhat obscuring Ridley Scott's name).

Huol

Huol

Bad Replicant

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 16, 2011, 04:34:39 PM
The only thing I see of note is that the 'E' is upside down....which may hint at something. Everything we thought we knew will be turned on it's proverbial head? That said....how much control will Scott have in terms of marketing? Hmmmm.

It's part of the fonts design, and common in other art deco fonts.
Quote from: Huol on Jun 16, 2011, 06:07:20 PM
http://gyazo.com/92ced695d59707a22d1cc66566265bd4.png
Pro photoshop work, now it definitly belongs in the fan art thread.  ;D

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Okay.  I have no idea why,  but the font that was used in the mockup is starting to have a very uncanny effect on me.  It's starting to remind me of the jetsons for some reason I can't explain.  The slightly altered font used in the photo makes up for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed