PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 56,079 times)

Engineer

Interesting! Thanks xenomrph!

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the info, Xenomrph. I feel somewhat bad because I know the flake Golden got for some of the mandated revisions in River of Pain but I really didn't want this prequel to come out and have to suffer more hard to swallow revisions.

SiL

Well thank goodness for that.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2017, 07:26:11 AM
Thanks for the info, Xenomrph. I feel somewhat bad because I know the flake Golden got for some of the mandated revisions in River of Pain but I really didn't want this prequel to come out and have to suffer more hard to swallow revisions.
What sort of mandated revisions? The inclusion of Colonial Marines?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I believed why they should have been there but I couldn't swallow that they were there. It'd have been better if they'd used Colonial Marshalls or something.

SiL

Wait, so this is the same guy as those Alien inter-quel things?

Does he pitch these or does he just get lumped with them?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2017, 08:51:38 AM
Wait, so this is the same guy as those Alien inter-quel things?

Does he pitch these or does he just get lumped with them?

He only wrote the one.

QuoteAvPG – River of Pain is the third novel in the series and the first two have been written by good friends of yours. How did you decide that River of Pain was the novel you wanted to write?

CG – When Titan editor Steve Saffel told me the plans for the three books, I had two responses.  The first was that it made perfect sense for him to hire three writers who were friends (and shared the same agent).  The second was that as much as I loved Tim and Jim, I wanted to write this third book because, as you know, it's a prequel to ALIENS, set on Acheron (LV-426).  As I mentioned, the material with the Jorden family in the extended version of ALIENS was very exciting to me, and I loved the idea of telling their story.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/christopher-golden/

No idea about this Predator one though.

SiL

I see. So in the last one he picked up what they were handing out.

Considering the range of topics they can cover this insistence on prequels/interquels rewriting the original stories is bizarre.

Xenomrph

I see it almost as FOX trying to have their cake and eat it too. Revisiting recognizable movie staples (be they locations, characters, whatever) lets them snag the casual readers who only watched the movies and enjoyed them, while also snagging the more hard-core fans because they're ~*~ALL NEW STORIES~*~.

Olaf.Brunson

Good, this did not need to be a thing.

timmay

timmay

Good because it sounded like crap.  So disrespectful to the original film.

Xenomorphine

The retcon hype-train has been derailed! To the barricades, townsfolk! Before they send another!

episodenone

Why in the world would this need to Retconned -- and do badly?  Thank goodness this was cancelled.  The entire premise breaks something that did NOT need fixing.

DaddyYautja

Watch this thing get turned into an animate film or some crap like that.

This thing will likely appear again somewhere else.

PRJ_since1990

Story gets leaked. Internet hates it. They come back with "Was never approved" and while I can believe that, I can't believe the overwhelming disdain for this concept had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed