More Aliens: Colonial Marines Concept Art

Started by ikarop, Feb 14, 2013, 03:32:15 AM

Author
More Aliens: Colonial Marines Concept Art (Read 41,995 times)

WinterActual

Are they still releasing those arts or they are just old but never posted before?

The Necronoir

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 20, 2013, 06:23:00 AM
Are they still releasing those arts or they are just old but never posted before?
These things usually come to light through individual artist portfolios. And given the round of lay-offs at Timegate following the release of A:CM there are bound to be a few from the arts department looking for work...

acheronbeing

There's no hope of a decent and modern aliens game after this:

or this:

A reset is defnitely needed

Jango1201

Jango1201

Some of those alien designs would have worked in the game better though. There are some that have just subtle difference from the original alien design that would have been more then enough to provide veriety in enemy classes.

acheronbeing

I don't think variety is needed in an aliens game as long as you portray them as no developer has still done, I mean, as they actually size, and behave like. Three aliens, one of each completely different to the other, plus the always pussy facehugger, the f**king chestbuster, and well..., Cameron's queen "sigh"

Not to mention that the stupid variety seen in those two pics clearly proves these new generation aliens are oriented to the Casual Cancer and children alike.

We've got one big problem since the days of A:R, and that is Fox

Wey-Yu Xeno

I actually would have liked the kenner style aliens somewhere as an Easter Egg or something.

windebieste

windebieste

As clearly demonstrated by the above image of the creature confronting Lambert, the original design is the most singularly disturbing and uncompromising thing that ever stalked human beings.  All the other Alien designs - especially rubbishy Kenner toy range and game concepts are just poor imitations and parodies at best.  They're all just a bad joke.

The technology is at hand.  It's about time we saw a truly remarkable ALIEN themed game - with creatures at least as faithful to the original inspiration.  A walking biomechanical nightmare that actively stalks its frightened, and largely defenseless prey. 

I guess what's really needed is uncommonly perceptive individuals in the right hierarchical corporate position who can assemble the necessary talent to bring such a thing to production.  Ya... that is beginning to sound like a tall order after the dreadful GBX debacle that is ALIENS: Colonial Marines.

The original design does everything it should as intended, why does everyone in the position of making any form of sequel or media based on the ALIEN licence even want to change or interfere with it? 

Does the phrase, 'If it aint broke, don't fix it!' mean nothing to these fools?

-Windebieste.

Jango1201

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 20, 2013, 11:56:03 PM
As clearly demonstrated by the above image of the creature confronting Lambert, the original design is the most singularly disturbing and uncompromising thing that ever stalked human beings.  All the other Alien designs - especially rubbishy Kenner toy range and game concepts are just poor imitations and parodies at best.  They're all just a bad joke.

The technology is at hand.  It's about time we saw a truly remarkable ALIEN themed game - with creatures at least as faithful to the original inspiration.  A walking biomechanical nightmare that actively stalks its frightened, and largely defenseless prey. 

I guess what's really needed is uncommonly perceptive individuals in the right hierarchical corporate position who can assemble the necessary talent to bring such a thing to production.  Ya... that is beginning to sound like a tall order after the dreadful GBX debacle that is ALIENS: Colonial Marines.

The original design does everything it should as intended, why does everyone in the position of making any form of sequel or media based on the ALIEN licence even want to change or interfere with it? 

Does the phrase, 'If it aint broke, don't fix it!' mean nothing to these fools?

-Windebieste.

I agree 100% but in shooters like colonial marines, veriety has to be there to keep things interesting. However, I fine line has to be drawn in the aliens universe that has to keep things canon and not border on ridiculous.

windebieste

The problem with the 'veriety' in A:CM is that it should have provided better story and characters and not solely depend on duck shooting gallery gameplay and a high reliance on resurrecting a dead character.  The game is crap; but not just because the aliens are poor cousins to the original design - it's crap on multiple levels.

It is possible to have the same character design dominate the game when the character itself is a key component of the game play.  It happens in story driven titles all the time.  The variety comes from situational content and narrative driven focus.  Not just, 'if it moves shoot it until something different comes along'.  Of course that becomes dull.

-Windebieste.

TorsoInvader

IMO the only decent xeno i have seen in the concept are was the one that had facehuggers wrapped around its head and its arm,pretty much a smaller version of the carrier from Extinction.Overall all the concept art still looks great.

Sexy Poot

Call it a spreader and im game.

Space Voyager

I fully agree. But that would be a full-fledged horror game and I guess (literally) that the market for those is much, much smaller than FPS'. I'd buy though.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Space Voyager on Aug 22, 2013, 08:17:38 AM

I fully agree. But that would be a full-fledged horror game and I guess (literally) that the market for those is much, much smaller than FPS'. I'd buy though.

I would be very happy to play an Alien fps game close to Stalker. Less in numbers doesn't mean less scary game.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Space Voyager on Aug 22, 2013, 08:17:38 AM

I'd buy it too. That's the problem... we've got too many companies trying to set their standards to Activision/Call of Duty in hopes of high sales, but I feel that a lot of games that come out are largely uninspired and you come away from it with no real experience. That is, it didn't strike you as anything special or unique. We need an Alien game that doesn't try to be Call of Duty. Personally, I would prefer something akin to Dead Space. I really enjoyed it and I believe the Alien franchise could use a scary-space-horror-survivor-3rd person game to pay tribute to its roots. Not only that, but I feel that 1st person games often ruin the scale of the creatures/people around them where as 3rd person does it justice, IMHO.

Powerloader

Some of the concept art looked really intriguing, such as the depiction of cities (possibly on Earth):

It looks like they had a bigger scope for this game planned but they never got around to it for some reason, possibly time/money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed