Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed?

Started by Stolen, Jun 09, 2016, 06:47:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed? (Read 36,911 times)

Infected

LoL

If its true that its about Ripley's mother,
i seriously not even gonna watch it, then this will be the last shit i post about that movie franchise.
Can people really be that dumb? so many ways you can go with this beautiful franchise,
and they wanna go the Ripley way......? lets just wait and see, and i suggest a boycot in full retard mode.

XenoZipper

& the fall of a franchise with its fans begins.. Next thing you know RS will be hitting up Twitter to post that Alien fans are assholes (like Fiege did about Ghostbuster fans). I don't want to see the franchise go down in the slightest but I see where its going. It's been happening for a while.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: XenoZipper on Jun 10, 2016, 08:45:26 PM
& the fall of a franchise with its fans begins.. Next thing you know RS will be hitting up Twitter to post that Alien fans are assholes (like Fiege did about Ghostbuster fans). I don't want to see the franchise go down in the slightest but I see where its going. It's been happening for a while.

Has it ever really been that great since the first 2 films? I think I deluded myself for nearly 15 years that all the films were special..and aside from some cool spaceship designs, they're mostly repeats of the same story with a pretty obvious critical slide.

Darkness

I don't really know why everybody's getting so bent out of shape over it. If Ridley did this just for connection sake, then yeah, it'd be pointless but I think this will be pretty pivotal to the plot for this film and the potential sequels he does. I wonder if we will actually see Ripley as a young girl. Is there anything in the expanded universe about her mother?

You could say the same thing about Isolation. At first I didn't like the idea of using Amanda there but it worked really really and she was central to the plot while still keeping continuity in place.

And bit of a strange one for a studio to request removal of what they reported as just rumour and speculation.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Seegson on Jun 10, 2016, 07:00:57 PM
perhaps Fassbender its playing another David8 different from the Prometheus one. That will make sense with Shaw dont playing any role in Covenant. Fassbender its just the android of the Covenant.

Quote from: Official SynopsesBound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 10, 2016, 08:59:29 PM
I don't really know why everybody's getting so bent out of shape over it.

Well at least poor ol' Blomkamp is getting a bit of a break from all the vitriol with Sir Scott taking on the role of the main villain again.  :laugh:

EEV Repairman

Hi chaps...long time lurker, first time poster.

The thought of having a "Ripley" in this film simply reeks of cheese. Theres no foreseeable reason why she needs to be in it other than to use as a very flimsy "hook" on the fishing line for fans...but no...just no.

I've neither got high hopes or low hopes for this film based solely on how Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth...I've just got...optimism. Though this news (if true) is sending the see-saw of optimism into the negative side for me.

Ps....i know its gonna sound cheesy but man i love this site, simply had to join in with the chit-chat for my fav films!!

Pss....(Whispers quietly...)...Aliens rules!!

Astronoë

Quote from: EEV Repairman on Jun 10, 2016, 09:35:19 PM

The thought of having a "Ripley" in this film simply reeks of cheese. Theres no foreseeable reason why she needs to be in it other than to use as a very flimsy "hook" on the fishing line for fans...but no...just no.

I've neither got high hopes or low hopes for this film based solely on how Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth...I've just got...optimism. Though this news (if true) is sending the see-saw of optimism into the negative side for me.

Ps....i know its gonna sound cheesy but man i love this site, simply had to join in with the chit-chat for my fav films!!

Agree with everything you said! :)

whiterabbit

I don't really know why everybody's getting so bent out of shape over it.
There is nothing to get bent out of shape about. It's a movie but somehow people demand causality doesn't exist in a fictional universe written by professional writers.

EEV Repairman

Haha thanks man. I just fail to see how having one of the Ripleys will benefit a story which could do very well  without a Ripley. If not better because of the need to....how should I put this...live up to the heroic expectations of movies/characters gone by.

I could be proven wrong when the movie comes out and on that day i'll gladly say "yep I was too presumptuous and i'll go stand in the corner for abit", but i'll also be a happy fan.

But currently...my brain is going noooOooOooOOoooo....no need.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: EEV Repairman on Jun 10, 2016, 09:35:19 PM

Welcome to the site.  :)

Since you're here... could you please fix my broken EEV?  :laugh:

EEV Repairman

Cheers buddy, happy to be here.

Im out on call at the minute...another bloody acid-burn again. I don't know what these marines were drinking out here but man this stuff is going through metal. Oh look...a funny little dead crab thingy...wait, thats not dead!!

"huuurk...."

Thud.

predxeno

I don't really know why everybody's getting so bent out of shape over it. If Ridley did this just for connection sake, then yeah, it'd be pointless but I think this will be pretty pivotal to the plot for this film and the potential sequels he does. I wonder if we will actually see Ripley as a young girl. Is there anything in the expanded universe about her mother?

You could say the same thing about Isolation. At first I didn't like the idea of using Amanda there but it worked really really and she was central to the plot while still keeping continuity in place.

And bit of a strange one for a studio to request removal of what they reported as just rumour and speculation.

This is essentially like The Terminator franchise all over again; the Connors were great but we most certainly didn't need them to be centered around every movie.  Now that franchise has become as stale and lifeless as the apocalypse it eschews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EEV Repairman

In Alien Isolation it worked really well because it felt like a piece of the plot that worked and served to expand the universe and the canon. It wasn't too far fetched because it was entirely acceptable that her daughter would go searching and in that respect, encounter/be included in this nightmarish timeline of events.

In Covenent however, I fail to see how, by adding Her mother, it adds any structural significance to the plot. For a Ripley to be intertwined in this story it just seems too tacked on for the sake of the moniker. It just doesnt make sense at the moment. Saying that, it is early days yet and i guess if they do go down this route then all will become clear...will there be a convincing reason for her inclusion though? That is the biggy.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 10, 2016, 11:09:51 PM

This is essentially like The Terminator franchise all over again; the Connors were great but we most certainly didn't need them to be centered around every movie.  Now that franchise has become as stale and lifeless as the apocalypse it eschews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get the terminator premise but Ripley probably won't be in this, no wait, let's face it. Ridley's movie is Alien. Why wouldn't he want to connect these Prequels to Alien via Ripley? Oh... you're afraid that Ripley maybe be the chosen one. It's still not that big of a deal; no where as big of a deal as starting over after Aliens is.

Put another way, sans Prometheus, I'm leaving that as more of a prologue; this prequel trilogy is going to lead straight into Alien. Think about how cool it would be if we had the entire Nostromo crew from Alien on board the Covenant? Now that would be asinine but Ripley's mum? Very likely helpful for marketing purposes and I wouldn't put it past Ridley trying to build some sort of character development in these movies to help solidify his B-Movie in the annals of film lore by given her a deeper back story. Could it back fire, sure but having rips mom in Covenant isn't the big deal every one is making it out to be.

Pvt. Himmel

I agree people need to wait and see how this pans out, she could either already have Ripley , and leave her on Earth while she goes on mission with Kitty Jonesy (Hence why Ripley has no knowledge of the alien).

We need to wait to see how this pans out. We have waited over 4 years for a sequel don't rush to judge. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed