New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 117,377 times)

The Shuriken

What am I supposed to feel with news? Hype? Or crippling dread that keeps me from sleeping? I don't know what to feel anymore...

Gr33n M4n

They build you up, only to tear you down.

leozinho

I hope its a HORROR/SUSPENSE MOVIE, i hope the predator have the alien design, not something futuristic like in shane black's. and i hope its good man my god

Rankles75

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 09:37:29 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Alien isn't dead either. We can confirm that too.  ;) :P

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2020, 11:06:05 PM
https://twitter.com/DannyTRS/status/1329919692157444096

This marketing campaign would have been neat. Shame the details came out early.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 20, 2020, 11:02:32 PM
Don't see what the big deal is with a female protagonist. It's not like any of the men ever beat a predator with their physical strength anyway.

The best parts of the first movie were when all of the standard 80s "Action Man" stereotypes got slaughtered by the Predator like nothing anyways. That's basically the essence of what the Predator movies should be - and this does feel much more in line with that than whatever The Predator was.

Wait so was the movie leaked? They're not planning to do some sort of marketing reveal just because we know now?

Jacku

Dan's tweet makes me think the first teaser for this film wouldn't even be called Predator and we'd only know it was a predator film by hearing a classic predator sound in it or something.

Film sounds like it could be brutal. I'm imagining something like Predator meets The Revenant.

Disney is about to announce the adult section of Disney plus soon aren't they? Wonder if this would come up.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 21, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2020, 11:06:05 PM
https://twitter.com/DannyTRS/status/1329919692157444096

This marketing campaign would have been neat. Shame the details came out early.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 20, 2020, 11:02:32 PM
Don't see what the big deal is with a female protagonist. It's not like any of the men ever beat a predator with their physical strength anyway.

The best parts of the first movie were when all of the standard 80s "Action Man" stereotypes got slaughtered by the Predator like nothing anyways. That's basically the essence of what the Predator movies should be - and this does feel much more in line with that than whatever The Predator was.

Wait so was movie leaked? They're not planning to do some sort of marketing reveal just because we know now?

From the sound if it, this wasn't going to be marketed as a Predator movie right off the bat. It probably would have had a trailer or two with the "Skulls" title and some obscured monster action, before eventually revealing, at some point before the film's with a viral marketing campaign that culminates in a final trailer, that it is a Predator film and dropping the "true" title.

Something similar happened with the new Blair Witch, which was initially marketed simply as "The Woods" before  a later trailer referred to it as Blair Witch. Even Trachtenberg's 10 Cloverfield Lane did that to some degree - we knew he was working on something titled "The Cellar" and then the trailer releases and surprise! "Cloverfield" is in the title!

The other thing of note that I take from Dan Trachtenberg's Tweet is that he had been working on this for almost four years. That means that pre-production on this began long before the release of The Predator.

Quote from: Jacku on Nov 21, 2020, 01:38:07 AM
Disney is about to announce the adult section of Disney plus soon aren't they? Wonder if this would come up.

Unless something changes in the future, I'm pretty sure their "adult" service is just going to remain Hulu.

Huntsman

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 21, 2020, 01:24:50 AM
What am I supposed to feel with news? Hype? Or crippling dread that keeps me from sleeping? I don't know what to feel anymore...
I'm intrigued by the announcement but we've been burned many times before with the final product. It's all about the script.

SiL

I'm really, really glad we didn't get the fakeout trailers. They are one of the most obnoxious, pointless trends in cinema and I eagerly await its death.

The Shuriken

So 4 years in pre-production, impressive. But you gotta figure filming might be a ways off still given Covid-19. I'll bet we won't see this till 2023 at the earliest.

SiL

He's been working on it for 4 years, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's been in any official pre-production that long.

bone grill

well the 4 years part stands out

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2020, 01:48:48 AM
I'm really, really glad we didn't get the fakeout trailers. They are one of the most obnoxious, pointless trends in cinema and I eagerly await its death.
What do you mean?

Huntsman

Quote from: RememberShaneBlack? on Nov 21, 2020, 12:28:27 AM
There's a certain pattern to these things. A new Alien and/or Predator movie is announced. Everyone's excited. Then news starts pouring in about the cast, the crew, the plot. People react to the news, be they leaks or official releases in two ways. Either they're concerned because the movie being made sounds like total ass...or they're 100% totally convinced that this movie will be the greatest thing since the originals, will dave the franchise, and anyone with the slightest bit of doubt is just an idiot troll who must be driven from the board.

Then the movie comes out, it sucks, it flops and the franchise is declared dead until the next movie is released.

It happened before and it will happen again. You're all going to deny it.

But it'll happen.
This is why my expectations are minimal.

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 09:37:29 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Alien isn't dead either. We can confirm that too.  ;) :P
Oh you are such a git! Infuriating tease  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed