Official Prometheus Website Updated

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:14:05 PM

Author
Official Prometheus Website Updated (Read 30,249 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The official Prometheus website, Weylandindustries.com, has been updated with several new sections and some very cool pictures of vehicles, space suits, futuristic buildings and more. There’s a couple of very ‘familiar’  security items in there as well. The new sections include security, electronics, terraforming, energy, transportation and health. The quality of the art is very good. Make sure to check them out below:

Vulhala

Vulhala

WOOT.

Cheers for the heads up :)

tonyt2000

There's even a VERY familiar piece of machinery in the "Security" section:

https://www.weylandindustries.com/security

Nice!

Darkoo

Nicee 8)

bioweapon

all the products line are open.

I sense some similarity between the bioreplicator pod and the ampules.

Promethean Fire

The Weyland Storm Rifle is a goddamn Pulse Rifle!!!!  Albeit a predecessor, but I am totally geeking out over this.  Now, do we get that awesome sound effect?

Michael Harper

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Apr 26, 2012, 09:39:47 PM
The Weyland Storm Rifle is a goddamn Pulse Rifle!!!!  Albeit a predecessor, but I am totally geeking out over this.  Now, do we get that awesome sound effect?

Beat me too it haha. And it is very much like the Pulse Rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Apr 26, 2012, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Apr 26, 2012, 09:39:47 PM

Beat me too it haha. And it is very much like the Pulse Rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the Mercs are packing this baby in the movie and its not just made up for the viral stuff.

Virgil

Quote from: Darkoo on Apr 26, 2012, 09:23:14 PM
Nicee 8)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6121/powerloader.jpg

Wow! I never imagined they'd make such a direct reference. Absolutely love it  :D

MrSpaceJockey

I know this is silly, but in the realm of canon, I wish they'd thought up of a more pre-Aliens look to the atmospheric processor or rifle.  Hard to believe the AP is identical after 80 years. 

bioweapon

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 26, 2012, 09:52:19 PM
I know this is silly, but in the realm of canon, I wish they'd thought up of a more pre-Aliens look to the atmospheric processor or rifle.  Hard to believe the AP is identical after 80 years.

me too. Would be cool if theres a pic with diverse machinery and we just notice the power loader in between.

Effectz

Pulse rifle with a barrel on it.

Virgil

Virgil

"Fabricated from heat-resistant micro-perforated titanium, the Storm weighs 1.3kgs (empty of ammunition). With unrivaled technology like satellite-guided target detection, the Storm can track and assess a threat at over 300 miles away."

Now I'm no firearms expert, but that just sounds absolutely ridiculous.

zuzuki

zuzuki

QuoteWeyland's energy sector products power billions of homes, schools and businesses on Earth and its 63 colonies
QuoteThe Weyland process of terraforming is uniquely successful. We explore each new planet discovered in the habitable zone of distant stars. Thousands of Weyland engineers and scientists are then dispatched to the newly discovered solar system. After setting up a temporary base, the planetary engineers spend months exhaustively testing the seismic stability, core layer densities and the soundness of the planet's ionosphere, noting weather patterns and pressure fluctuations.

If the conditions are favorable in most respects, Weyland employees claim a new territory in the name of the company, and only then begin constructing an Atmosphere Processor to initiate terraforming. The total process can take anywhere from 5 to 20 years depending on conditions

so by 2080-2090 earth has managed to colonize 63 planets. and for each colony to be established it takes 5 to 20 years. that means colonizing has started at least 20 years prior to the date of the movie.

i really hate the timeline. they could have made it more grounded in reality. i can't even imagine the resources needed to colonize 60 planets, the money, the man power, how hard would be to build those giant terraforming stations. and all by a private company. this is wishfull thinking at best

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed