Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,286 times)

Samhain13

I'm more worried about the writer than the director. Prometheus and Covenant showed that a great director isn't enough to make it work.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 02:36:31 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 14, 2019, 09:49:15 PM
Speaking of James Cameron...it would seem he is under fire.

https://youtu.be/cZiPlfZXnSk

"Alita Battle Angel". So that's what Cameron is up to nowdays. Guess he gave up on his space smurfs. People need to stop giving sjws so much attention. Just laugh and let them go butthurt at their isolated corner on twitter.

Their little fire won't be enough to touch Cameron.

I just hope it won't be something that will be used to prevent a good alien movie. The smallest of things these days can be blown up to untold proportions over nothing.

Local Trouble

YouTube is just chock full of master-baiters.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 15, 2019, 02:37:25 AM
Ugh, keep the politics out of here.

Re; potential future directors, one director could hit it absolutely out of the park and garner universal praise, that man is Denis Villeneuve, however I find Riddles' crazy divisiveness infectious. ;D

Agreed.

Huggs

The future is Villeneuve

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 02:39:41 AM
I'm more worried about the writer than the director. Prometheus and Covenant showed that a great director isn't enough to make it work.

John Logan's contributions were pretty rich, however, and juicy.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Necronomicon II

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 15, 2019, 03:04:09 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 02:39:41 AM

John Logan's contributions were pretty rich, however, and juicy.  ;D

I agree.  :)

SM

QuoteThe "disgusting triggered woman" face in the lower left corner tells everything there is to know about the youtuber's politics. Consternating.

Consternating needs to be an actual word.

Oasis Nadrama

It is common in French. "Consternant". I hesitated to use it in English, but checking with Google it seems to be understandable, albeit not an usual part of English syntax (if I get things right).

SiL

It's a word! "To consternate" is the infinitive, "consternating" is valid, and so is "consternated", which is just fun to say but might give the listener the impression you've got bowel problems.

"Consternation" is the most common form of the word in English, but all of its other variants are totally real.

Necronomicon II

Yeah I don't know how necessary it was.  :D Verbosity has its place, in doses.  ;D

newagescamartist

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 15, 2019, 03:02:38 AM
The future is Villeneuve

I actually enjoyed Enemy more than his other movies. Maybe I'm weird, but I thought Enemy was almost a perfect movie. Almost. Arrival kind of lost the logic at the end but was otherwise pretty good too. The direction was phenomenal either way.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 05:43:21 AM
It's a word! "To consternate" is the infinitive, "consternating" is valid, and so is "consternated", which is just fun to say but might give the listener the impression you've got bowel problems.

"Consternation" is the most common form of the word in English, but all of its other variants are totally real.

It sounds like having a great deal of dismay at not being able to do a poo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed