Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 75,655 times)

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: RobThom on Apr 14, 2014, 02:06:52 AM
I dont believe in that stuff!
You were born with a pair,
but they tell you that that aint true.

Its true.

Its inbetwixt you.

I like your point of view. I can only imagine what moodiness awaits you in retaliation.

Cal427eb

I don't suffer from any mental disorders either, but many people confuse my laziness and boring personality for severe depression. I do suffer from anxiety, but it's for legitimate reasons, and not something that requires medicine.

Sabby

Quote from: RobThom on Apr 14, 2014, 02:06:52 AM
I dont believe in that stuff!
You were born with a pair,
but they tell you that that aint true.

Its true.

Its inbetwixt you.

Oh yes, just be a man and bare the chemical imbalance. That'll work.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 14, 2014, 02:11:50 AM
I don't suffer from any mental disorders either, but many people confuse my laziness and boring personality for severe depression. I do suffer from anxiety, but it's for legitimate reasons, and not something that requires medicine.

I love this.

Cal427eb

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 14, 2014, 03:17:01 AM

I love this.
Ay, moniqa.  8)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 14, 2014, 02:01:15 AM
I had social anxiety disorder from 18 to about 26. I was accosted by a stranger after a fishing trip simply for being in the passengers seat of a type of car he hated. He literally jumped out of his car at a red light and punched me in the face through my open window. For years I was afraid that some random person was going to accost me out of.nowhere. I still have a scar to remind me of it.

Eventually, I just looked at a calendar and said to myself, I think it's time to put this aside.

All has been in perfect homeostasis since.

Wow that sounds awful!! Did you charge that person with anything like assault charges or anything for what he did. You can't just go up to someone's car and break their window and punch them. That's ridiculous!!

LastSurvivor92

Do you mind sharing those "legitimate reasons", You should take Zoloft or Prozac for the anxiety. Anxiety is a unstable fluxuation of chemicals in the brain. You also need to let the medication build up in your system for some months before you notice its really killing the edge of day to day aniexty. If you need something fast acting there's always Xanex and Colonopin.

Cal427eb

Yes, I do mind so, I won't be sharing those with you, and no, I shouldn't be taking anything for anxiety.

WinterActual

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 13, 2014, 09:43:26 PM
Nothing other than that and my partner has insomnia,
You mean your roommate? Or co-op buddy?

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 14, 2014, 02:01:15 AM
I was accosted by a stranger after a fishing trip simply for being in the passengers seat of a type of car he hated. He literally jumped out of his car at a red light and punched me in the face through my open window.
Let me guess. It was a Honda. Typical outcome mate.

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 14, 2014, 05:29:22 AM
Pretty sure, he means sexual partner.

Predator Queen

So at a young age I was diagnosed with all of the above and was on medication for a majority of my life.

I was in 3rd? 4th? grade and was on some medication and the dosage was so high it caused me to have a seizure and pass out in class.  After that I had to be monitored to make sure that nothing was broken and the diagnoses showed somehow it did no damage (but then again it was the 90s so for all we know now that's competently wrong now.)  But the doctors said that the amount of medication I was on was enough to cause serious problems for a full grown man let alone a child.

Around the time I was diagnosed with everything i had been seeing various psychiatrists all my life until the most current one around my late teens honest to gods just quit on me.  She literately just said to my mother there was nothing she could do and threw in the towel.  Since then I have not seen a psychiatrist nor taken any medication.

Honestly I feel more like a living person now more then ever.

MoonerSK

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 14, 2014, 04:43:23 AM
I shouldn't be taking anything for anxiety.

must agree with this. nowadays it seems like doctors prescribe medicine for every small issue. you're a bit sic? take antibiotics. if you have some serius issues than ok taka medicine but for every small thing toeat pills with god knows what side effect can make more damage than good

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: MoonerSK on Apr 14, 2014, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 14, 2014, 04:43:23 AM
I shouldn't be taking anything for anxiety.

must agree with this. nowadays it seems like doctors prescribe medicine for every small issue. you're a bit sic? take antibiotics. if you have some serius issues than ok taka medicine but for every small thing toeat pills with god knows what side effect can make more damage than good

The problem is man is that some people really do need medication for disorders and chemical imbalances in their brains. Ever since I've been taking 200 mg of Zoloft and Lamictal I feel incredible and less anixous and willing to talk to other people. My depression has subsided and I suffer no more anxiety. Before my anxiety crippled me and I had social phobias really bad. I felt isolated, alone and deeply depressed. The medication has really helped man and theres plenty of people out there that would agree that medication really does help chemical imbalances in the brain.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 14, 2014, 08:00:00 AM
So at a young age I was diagnosed with all of the above and was on medication for a majority of my life.

I was in 3rd? 4th? grade and was on some medication and the dosage was so high it caused me to have a seizure and pass out in class.  After that I had to be monitored to make sure that nothing was broken and the diagnoses showed somehow it did no damage (but then again it was the 90s so for all we know now that's competently wrong now.)  But the doctors said that the amount of medication I was on was enough to cause serious problems for a full grown man let alone a child.

Around the time I was diagnosed with everything i had been seeing various psychiatrists all my life until the most current one around my late teens honest to gods just quit on me.  She literately just said to my mother there was nothing she could do and threw in the towel.  Since then I have not seen a psychiatrist nor taken any medication.

Honestly I feel more like a living person now more then ever.

definetally sounds like tooooooo much medication to me. Maybe you should just stick to a antidepressant like Prozac or Zoloft even Serequil is one medication that helps with seizures, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. And plus that was way back in the 90's man. Its time to move forward. Medication has come a looonnnngggg way since than. I would reconsider just abdoning treatment man. There's a lot of people and medicines that can help with that stuff in a lot more efficent way. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 14, 2014, 05:30:02 AM
Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 14, 2014, 05:29:22 AM
Pretty sure, he means sexual partner.
Yup.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

I think it would be prudent to invest in placebo manufacturing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed