Aliens: Fireteam Elite Season 4 Bursts July 26th!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 11, 2022, 05:33:21 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Season 4 Bursts July 26th! (Read 4,383 times)

Corporal Hicks

As the end of July soon approaches, the team over at Cold Iron have now dropped a trailer for Season 4 of Aliens: Fireteam Elite, along with the details of what the last of Year 1’s updates will entail!

Along with the much anticipated crossplay, Season 4 also sees the release of a new game mode called Restock Turrets. As with Horde and Point Defence, Restock Turrets is another twist on the skirmish mode that sees your squad of ultimate badasses need to keep their turrets stocked with plenty of ammunition!

Load up, Marines! Restock Turrets is a new game mode where you have to fend off Xenomorphs coming from every direction while keeping your turrets stocked up to defend your positions.

Do you have what it takes to fend off wave after wave? Or will you crumble like a Power Loader without a fuel cell?

Season 4 also sees the debut of a Prestige progression system that lets you rank up again after hitting the level base level cap.

• Prestige Ranks: Upon reaching level 20, your experience points start counting toward Prestige rank, starting at 1 and going all the way up to 100.
  • Bragging Rights: Prestige unlocks new nameplates that show off your rank and let other players know just how good you really are.
  • Rewards: Every 10 Prestige levels, players unlock new exclusive rewards, including outfits, head accessories, gun colors, decals, emotes, nameplates, and more.

The new update also sees 4 new weapons added to the Colonial Marines armoury with the addition of the M51 Breaching Scattergun, P.649 HEL, SVAT-92 Sokol and the DKT-59 Misha!

• CQW: M51 Breaching Scattergun – Armat's Double-shot burst shotgun with wide coverage, but minimal accuracy beyond close range.
  • Heavy: P.649 HEL – Weyland-Yutani’s High-Energy Laser. A highly accurate, long range, ammo-based energy weapon with stronger charged shots.
  • Rifle: SVAT-92 Sokol – The only fully automatic Sniper Rifle. Effective against multiple long distance threats, but with less stopping power than traditional sniper rifles.
  • Hand Gun: DKT-59 Misha – Shotgun-like hand gun with devastating short range stopping power, but frequent reloading needs and low long range accuracy.

Season 4 also sees the addition of a new feature, the Fabrication Reprocessor, that allows you to recycle your unused and unwanted challenge cards to get new cards. And, of course, also comes with a new cosmetic pack, the Freelancer Pack!

Stay protected on the frontier of the Outer Rim with Weyland-Yutani's APEsuit Mk.3! Or go with the more casual look and slide into a pair of Seegson Maintenance overalls.

Players out there who purchased the Deluxe Edition of the game will receive the new pack upon release, but also available for purchase separately if you want to gear up in the APEsuit and try to catch the Dragon!

We don’t yet know what the Year 2 roadmap looks like, but following the release of Season 4, fans also have Pathogen, the first new story content update to Aliens: Fireteam Elite to look forward to!

Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens: Fireteam Elite! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

Not gonna lie - I'm super excited for that Apesuit!

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it's cool that they're finally doing a proper one after the "semi-Apesuit" they did a while back.

And yeah, watching the stream last night and seeing this trailer has definitely gotten me back in the mood to play Fireteam again. Shame this update's not coming out for another couple of weeks, but I've still got other guns from previous updates I need to unlock and level up, so I'll still have stuff to do before then.

And speaking of the update, I wonder whether the prestige will register all the points people who got to 20 a while ago have been accumulating since then and immediately put them at the appropriate prestige rank, or if everyone's just going to be starting from 20 regardless?

Either way, it's good to give people more rewards from levelling up again now.

Still Collating...

Nice APE suit, might get that. The new mode sounds dumb. Just another mode that won't be played soon after. At least we can use cards in all modes now, and the card recycling is nice. Great for crossplay, just hope it's not too late... All of those features should've been there from day one. The new mode is hilarious, I don't know if they don't have the resources or ideas to make something more creative. I hope one day we get PvP where we can play as the aliens, but I know that there's no chance for that.

I'm curious if we'll get a roadmap for Year 2. 

Wweyland

Cool, but no new achievements?

Corporal Hicks

Probably not until Pathogen drops.

morseman

Wow, it's been a great few weeks to be a fan hasn't it!
On the matter of Fireteam Elite, can anyone enlighten me, solo story campaign, is there one? I like the odd bit of co op but I'm hankering for a good story mode to get lost in, been that way since Alien Isolation

Corporal Hicks

You can play the game solo no problem.

Wweyland

This pass didn't do much for me, waiting for the new campaign instead.
I do like the prestige ranking though.

JokersWarPig2

I took a break because of Elden Ring but I've been hitting FT pretty hard again now that I finished that. The crossplay update has definitely breathed some life back into the game. Just hit prestige 26...this is gonna be one hell of a grind.

Wweyland

I'm a little lost with the gear side, it's as if it didn't unlock, although I do have the Deluxe Edition. I cannot choose the Weyland-Yutani gear for Demolisher for example, it's just not on the list. What am I doing wrong?

judge death

What does this rank thing gives one for reaching higher ranks? Or is its just rank number bragging?

Wweyland

Quote from: judge death on Aug 10, 2022, 09:03:55 AMWhat does this rank thing gives one for reaching higher ranks? Or is its just rank number bragging?
It's rank number bragging + special cosmetics, which are for bragging as well.
Does it even go over 100 like in Hunting Grounds? I'm currently at 15.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed