New poster

Started by Rong, May 17, 2012, 07:27:41 AM

Author
New poster (Read 21,906 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: fiveways on May 17, 2012, 03:02:03 PM
If I knew nothing about the movie that poster alone would get me into the theatre.  It is everything I like about sci-fi.  It has, as stated a feeling of older Pulp stuff, and also Heavy Metal and all the old warren horror publications of the '70's.  At the same time it looks like the movies I grew up watching VHS boxes[the only thing it is missing is little boxes at the bottom naming the actors with there heads in the boxes].  Just amazing.

At the same time it reminds me of some of the International posters for films like solaris and alien from the 70's.  Kinda wrong and out of place but f**king awesome at the same time.

It's just so f**king pulp it makes me super happy.  f**k modern posters.  That belongs on my wall next to my Battle Beyond the Stars and my Star Crash posters.

My thoughts exactly. This poster screams classic scifi, and knowing whos behind the camera only elevates it to the Nth degree. The closer it gets to the premiere and the more stuff we see, the more excited and confident I am in this movie

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Looks like a fan made poster to me. Every 'element' in the picture has been made available for weeks (even months) now. Vickers there is the shot of her in the cargo hold entrance holing the flamethrower for example.

HDR to the max in photoshop. Since they made it easy in CS5, it's been heavily over used.

Ruadh

Ruadh

There's not really anything wrong with photoshop. You kinda have to these days. 30 years ago, a lot of posters and such were airbrushed. Doesn't make it any less fantastic.

Nix Evil

Nix Evil

Is it seems to me or this is fan art?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Yeah, I can't anyone to tell me if this poster is official?

Ruadh

Ruadh

Seems like it's being treated as official...

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on May 17, 2012, 08:24:20 AM
I like the image, but I hate the Photoshop work.  To be honest, I think this same image would have looked better painted.  I like the old school painted posters that were beautiful works of art.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Although I do like the poster overall, fanmade or otherwise. I'd hang it on my wall, sure--really like the pulp sci-fi look, as others have remarked.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Anyone know if this poster is for sale anywhere?  I just did an internet search for it and came up empty-handed.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 17, 2012, 05:30:31 PM
Anyone know if this poster is for sale anywhere?  I just did an internet search for it and came up empty-handed.
Nothing on eBay, and that's usually where official one-sheets turn up first.

Qwertify

Zenomorph

Zenomorph

Not a huge fan of this poster
the mystery in the first one is much preferred, similar to the classic Alien one sheet
:)

Gash

Gash

Not really that keen. If they're going to do a more illustrative poster they need to get Drew Struzan and stop faffing about with these cut-price photoshop composites.

Ash 937

Ash 937

A poster by Drew Struzan that is similar to the work he did for the original Star Wars trilogy, Back to the Future, and Blade Runner would be awesome.  I've always been a fan of his posters that look more like paintings rather than stills that were just pulled out of movies and slapped on a 27x40 print.

But I still think this poster is pretty cool.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Can't say I'm a huge fan other the poster. Its not bad, just a bit too in your face for my taste. Some movies work well with posters like that, but it just doesn't fit with Prometheus, given what we've seen so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed