Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 48,141 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Good stuff... Expected as much.

And why would you play a horror survival game on a phone.... What a terrible idea... Even if it is just a five nights clone.

Bleh! *spits

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 07, 2019, 03:59:21 PM

We sure do!

Anyway, is this what all that teasing was about in the "something is brewing" thread?

razeak

razeak

I'm so completely underwhelmed. It could turn out to be good like AVP, but very few mobile titles turn out good IMO. I'll reserve final judgement until release, but history says I had better keep my hopes under control.

The Old One

The Old One

This was a bad PR move, if the "Watch" thing is really good they should've revealed that first.
Them murmured about Alien Blackout afterwards in the background.

As is stands to the general public, they'll see it like this;

ACM- Disgusting...
Alien Isolation- Whoo!
Alien Covenant- ...
The Predator- Garbage.
Alien Blackout- "Seriously? This is the sequel to Isolation?"
(Diablo Immortal?)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Literally the first thought I had, this is perfect.

Really though, this frustration could've been easily avoided by showing Cold Iron's game first. A bit of market research and the swift and fierce backlash to Diablo Immortal should've been the first thing they looked at. Everybody wants the sequel to Isolation, we knew that wasn't happening, but you deliver what was taken as a tease of that, and then announce a mobile 'sequel,' people will be pissed.

Mr. Clemens

As a person who's had nothing whatsoever to do with mobile games, I have to say that this game looks far more impressive, visually, than I imagined mobile games would be capable of. But that's more a testament to my ignorance than to the game itself.  :P

Nukiemorph

Just pre-ordered on the iPhone App Store.  It says "Expected January 24, 2019".

proto leech

Its just an out of season april fools joke im sure guys, calm down

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

To play Devil's Advocate...

The game actually costs $5, which is a good sign, typically it's the free ones that end up with the $99.99 coin pack advertisements in your face.

AVP Evolution remains one of my favorite mobile games, so it's been done right before. Mobile platforms are actually pretty powerful these days, gaming has its place there as long as companies can produce something with substance rather than a scam disguised as a game.

I'm intrigued and I'll go in with an open mind. But yeah, this backlash was easily spotted from a mile away, gaming press and YouTubers are going to pounce on it and spread negative sentiment.

N-Shifter

I can't even express my disappointment in words, not buying this, I won't encourage it.

awalsh74

awalsh74

Wow what a pile of shite this turned out to be?

A mobile game sequel to Isolation?

I am beyond disappointed with this

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have never seen such a ratio of upvotes/downvotes on Youtube.
This is another disappointment in the franchise.
I am not even sure my phone will support the game.

Voodoo Magic

So I nailed it right?  This is like a TellTale Game?  That covers the #Watch and the #Play.

@Hicks - When you said searched for a "barely contained excitement" GIF for this the other day, did you mean to type "barely excited"?  ;D

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

It's not the game we were wanting or expecting BUT it's still new Alien content, so it's definitely something to still look forward too! Still hyped for what Cold Iron are working on....and definitely intrigued by what "watch" is going to turn out to be!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 07, 2019, 06:16:37 PM
@Hicks - When you said searched for a "barely contained excitement" GIF for this the other day, did you mean to type "barely excited"?  ;D

I told ya!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed