AvPGalaxy.net AvP3 interview?

Started by skull-splitter, Apr 29, 2009, 02:20:59 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy.net AvP3 interview? (Read 3,512 times)

skull-splitter

Hi guys, I'd really like to interview Rebellion about their upcoming title with various angles of attack, namely A-How does it compare to the films B-How accurate can we expect the game to be and C-What gameplay features are there?

I'd love to mail them on behalf of AvPGalaxy, since I really think it's the most active fansite at the moment (AvPnews.com is long gone and PlanetAvP.com is dormant since a week or two) with the broadest of audiences.

I just want to know what you guy's think of this.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Yeah, I'd say go for it and initiate contact. The only thing is of course that it would probably be a good idea to get one of the Mods to do the actual interview instead. At least that way, if some of the guys want to hear a particular question and it don't get asked, you won't get the shit for it.

NOTE: Not that I'm implying anyone on here would be that juvenile. Just think it should be done "Officially"   :)

skull-splitter

I really think I can do the interview myself, but I understand what you're talking about. It's just a pet-idea of mine and would love to get into (game)journalism more.

I really want to do a good article on this one, and perhaps establish an unofficial channel to spread info on the game first hand, the way AvPNews worked.

If I get greenlit by any of the mods, that'd be fine and we can work out the details.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I don't think the Mods will have an issue with it at all. Particularly Darkness, as I've read other threads on the same sort of subject, and he's pretty happy for us to promote the site anyway we can.

EDIT: Except go on a school shooting spree, and then giving the site as an influence in your actions. I'm looking at you, DoomRulz  o.O jk

Darkness

Darkness

I'm fine with it but I don't think Rebellion will give you an interview. I think Hicks tried and it's Sega you actually have to go to, to get one. They have to approve everything. There's no harm in trying, of course.

Hicks will add more when he sees this topic.

skull-splitter

I will try to pry the door open, whether it be Sega or Rebellion ;)

and LOL at the shootingspree comment :D

Chris!(($$))!

Go for it. You might also want to ask whether A:CM and AvP3 will be competition for each other.

skull-splitter

Not interviewing SEGA (well, I think) so A: CM just remains a mystery I guess...

Chris!(($$))!

Sorry I should have been clear. Ask Rebellion if they think the two games will be competing.

skull-splitter

I'm reasonably sure I will have some questions in that direction...

ajm

ajm

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 29, 2009, 03:12:10 PM
I'm fine with it but I don't think Rebellion will give you an interview. I think Hicks tried and it's Sega you actually have to go to, to get one. They have to approve everything. There's no harm in trying, of course.

Hicks will add more when he sees this topic.

As Darkness said, I'd expect you'll have to go through Sega.  Developers are very rarely allowed to talk about a game without permission from the publisher.

skull-splitter

Asking around first...

Corporal Hicks

Okay...from my experience with GB/Obsidian/Sega, the devs can give you jackshit. It's Sega that needs to be gone through and trust me, when they can give me something, I'll let you all know. But Sega has nothing to give us at the moment. Their focus is on general gaming. They will apparently have something for us soon. Plus I hope to be attending a hands on session whenever they get the dates for them.

Rebellion. Don't even expect a reply. I tried them before for AvPR and before that just for generals. I'm not even bothering this time round.

I don't see the point, personally. I'm already in regular contact with Sega. You can try Rebellion, but they wont be able to give you anything even if they reply. Contacting individuals wont get you anything (they've been warned about me and this site  :-[ ). It's all down to Sega.

n3m0

n3m0

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 29, 2009, 10:36:26 PM
(they've been warned about me and this site  :-[ )

;D

Chris!(($$))!

Oh one more question:
Ask Rebellion if they think if any 3 Pack containing all three games (AvP3, A:CM, A:C) is reasonable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed