Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 131,675 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 24, 2010, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Feb 24, 2010, 06:08:43 PM
Keep playing as normal for now, you will keep earning XP (check your personal stats to see how many XP you've achieved). After the next patch your rank will be back to its real value.

Personal stats do not show XP gained from this glitch.  I discovered this glitch by accident, and even up leveling from 13 to 19 after I completed a marine campaign mission.  My stats page displayed around 1200 XP, but it should be around 2000ish XP for level 19.

That's the point. If you got hit by the XP glitch, the XP your earned that way shouldn't show up on your personal stats. However, the XP you earned via propper ways shouln't disappear from your personal stats even if your rank gets reset.

My account got reset a few times already and I keep earning XP w/o any problems, it's just the number on my rank which is wrong.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Keep playing as normal for now, you will keep earning XP (check your personal stats to see how many XP you've achieved). After the next patch your rank will be back to its real value.

Personal stats do not show XP gained from this glitch.  I discovered this glitch by accident, and even up leveling from 13 to 19 after I completed a marine campaign mission.  My stats page displayed around 1200 XP, but it should be around 2000ish XP for level 19.

This happened to me, i was 19 and jumped to 38. 

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

I don't know if this glitch is confirmed yet.

But a friend of mine was talking about

Spoiler
A Praetorian boss battle on marine SP
[close]

And the there apparently is an elevator, if you get in the elevator no aliens will come in and hurt you they will just sit outsite of the elevator. Apparently this works for all elevators too.

I haven't tried it, it is just what I've heard. He was playing on PC.

Xhan

Xhan

Aliens usually don't go through any portals, unless crawling, where the potential goes way up.

Adey

Adey

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 25, 2010, 02:00:53 AM

Spoiler
[close]

And the there apparently is an elevator, if you get in the elevator no aliens will come in and hurt you they will just sit outsite of the elevator. Apparently this works for all elevators too.

yeah PsychoticMarik told me that when i told him i was stuck on that part on nightmare difficulty

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 25, 2010, 02:15:28 AM

Spoiler
[close]

yeah PsychoticMarik told me that when i told him i was stuck on that part on nightmare difficulty
Indeed. I was on the 360 btw.
I don't think its a glitch tho, as I was on the tiny bridge and the praetorian was to large to walk on it.
I do remember the smaller aliens attacking me on it tho, so maybe it is a glitch your talking about, and I simply found a different spot.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 25, 2010, 03:43:50 AM
Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 25, 2010, 02:15:28 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Indeed. I was on the 360 btw.
I don't think its a glitch tho, as I was on the tiny bridge and the praetorian was to large to walk on it.
I do remember the smaller aliens attacking me on it tho, so maybe it is a glitch your talking about, and I simply found a different spot.

Yeah, this is a fact. Also, you cannot enter elevators as an alien (there is one on Refinery, near the beginning when a security detail is supposed to appear).

Another bug, the alien that appears behind the doors you pry open at the very beginning of the alien campaign can clearly be seen through the door as it spawns there.

Venomous

Venomous

bump, still need help

Eldritch

Eldritch

Not really a bug but a feature request:

Being able to search for a particular map as well when doing a Quick Match search.

Tequila

Tequila

Quote from: Eldritch on Feb 25, 2010, 11:43:39 AM
Not really a bug but a feature request:

Being able to search for a particular map as well when doing a Quick Match search.
Yes. That ought to be reasonably easy. They will have had that facility during production and testing.

shaz1874

shaz1874

Hi I am new to the forum so hi; but I have been having probs with AVP on my PS3 and can't seem to find any related issues online so thought I would try here.

My main problem is that when I complete a campaign it says incomplete - at the moment I have completed all 3 campaigns and when I complete say the Marine campaign it will then change the Alien campaign to incomplete and vice versa - I have played the final missions of each campaign almost a dozen times and this keeps happening so I cannot get the game over trophy for finishing all 3 campaigns! 

I haven't collected all the voice memo's but that shouldn't matter as if I complete the campaign it says complete but if I then go and complete another it then says incomplete.... A bit fo a mouthful but was hoping someone can advise as too me it seems like a glitch and maybe there will be an update that can fix this?

Apart from that I have had probs with my ranking simply reseting then not moving too and probably one of my main concerns is lack of a "Mute" option on Multiplayer!  It can be as bad as MW2 at times with some players talking absolute BS and even worse ruining the atmosphere by playing music!

If I have posted this in the wrong thread please advise and accept my apologies, I'm a newbie on here ;o)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 24, 2010, 10:28:39 PM

That's the point. If you got hit by the XP glitch, the XP your earned that way shouldn't show up on your personal stats. However, the XP you earned via propper ways shouln't disappear from your personal stats even if your rank gets reset.

My account got reset a few times already and I keep earning XP w/o any problems, it's just the number on my rank which is wrong.

Yeah I realised pretty much as soon as I posted that.  Duuuuh slow.

Maphesta

Maphesta

Fix DX11 flashlight crash.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Are they cheating or somthing? but i saw this alien player stealth kill me only to find out he switched onto the marine team in the same game. How is this possible?

John_Kimble

John_Kimble

I've had the biggest bug once in a TDM... i couldnt see my name in the lobby, and when the game started i basically switched teams every time i died, cycling through the 3 races....was pretty funny and sucked at the same time :-\
Anyone else had the same thing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed