Edward James Olmos joins the cast

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Mar 24, 2017, 05:40:42 PM

Author
Edward James Olmos joins the cast (Read 25,968 times)

whiterabbit

Poor Edward James Olmos made it into a Predator movie.

Wweyland

That is actually a big loss. Loved his cameo in Blade Runner 2049.
Boyd Holbrook and Olmos both played in Narcos but their characters didn't meet though.

brokentusk420

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 05, 2018, 04:44:02 AM
I've been the biggest naysayer about this movie since the leaked pics of the friendlies. It goes against everything I know and love about this franchise. However! Edward James Olmos is a great actor and while reading hunters and hunted I'm seriously butt hurt his character isn't making it into the final cut. My perspective on the garbage script has been rotated 180 by the prequel novel. Pappy Elliott alone would be a great film the way Mr Moore wrote this book. My faith is completely restored from being the number 1 troll to I'm actually respecting Shanes decisions and bravado. Can't f**king wait for 9/14

My faith will only be restored when they leave that stupid shit with the kid on the cutting room floor. I'm sure he's going to be as annoying as that tag along Suzie in the Lost World was. So many other things could have been done without having to write in some annoying kid who gets bullied.  Bunch of PC garbage being pandered here with that. 

BigDaddyJohn

Your faith won't be restored then  ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 05, 2018, 07:29:11 PM
Your faith won't be restored then  ;)

One cannot restore, what never existed.

whiterabbit

Oh come on guys. At this point in time the movie looks to have potential. The predators look great, the supporting cast looks great together and there will be blood! I mean shit compare that to what we're seeing in the Terminator franchise and I swear Predator fans scored huge with the upgrade predator!

OpenMaw

Yeah. When I read the script and my minds eye drew that thing.... Noooo.. Nooo... Bad bad bad news... The Upgrade came out pretty much the best it possibly could have.

KiramidHead

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 05, 2018, 09:02:03 PM
Oh come on guys. At this point in time the movie looks to have potential. The predators look great, the supporting cast looks great together and there will be blood! I mean shit compare that to what we're seeing in the Terminator franchise and I swear Predator fans scored huge with the upgrade predator!

But they took the silly movie with pussy jokes and a space rasta man and did silly things with it!

OpenMaw

Predator is not a silly movie.

It has levity and humor, but it is not silly.

azamultic

It's a Pop corn movie for sure, but it was made very well by the smart director.

talking about original Predator)

YTL_Hunter_H2

I disagree with the kid as well but unfortunately for some reason his autism is the plot device that Shane chose to go with. Pretty lazy writing imo but I can overlook that as long as it doesn't focus heavily on developing that in comparison to focusing heavily on the predators and action. I'm really psyched to see sterling k browns performance. He was very well written in hunters and hunted. Reminds me of Gorman from aliens. Sneaky deceptive Bastard you can't wait to see die

azamultic

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 05, 2018, 11:41:31 PM
I disagree with the kid as well but unfortunately for some reason his autism is the plot device that Shane chose to go with. Pretty lazy writing imo but I can overlook that as long as it doesn't focus heavily on developing that in comparison to focusing heavily on the predators and action. I'm really psyched to see sterling k browns performance. He was very well written in hunters and hunted. Reminds me of Gorman from aliens. Sneaky deceptive Bastard you can't wait to see die

I think to call Shane BLack on lazy writing is a little bit off  :) I mean he is one of the most interesting screen writers, and he knows what he is doing(talking about the writing part). Now is he good for Predator franchise or is his writing style fits the Predator frachise is another question, I guess it's very taste depending. What I come to think, that this movie going to be interesting and probably a good "MOVIE"(for sure better AVP, AVPR and probably better then Predators), not sure about it being a good "Predator" movie. Now what I got from the theme of this movie is that the imperfect part of human race with dissabilities and such got a chance to prove themselves and save the earth, so in this case having an autistic kid does have a sense.

The Old One

The Old One

It's the same as the rest of the cast, what happens when people who are typically considered- imperfect, flawed, shunned go up against the perfect Predator, one superior to our own ecosystem? Is there something in those "broken" individuals that the apex Predator can't anticipate?

The idea has a lot of potential, Shane Black is an excellent; top-tier writer so, I'm not willing to write this off until I see it.

germanator2

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 05, 2018, 04:44:02 AM
I've been the biggest naysayer about this movie since the leaked pics of the friendlies. It goes against everything I know and love about this franchise. However! Edward James Olmos is a great actor and while reading hunters and hunted I'm seriously butt hurt his character isn't making it into the final cut. My perspective on the garbage script has been rotated 180 by the prequel novel. Pappy Elliott alone would be a great film the way Mr Moore wrote this book. My faith is completely restored from being the number 1 troll to I'm actually respecting Shanes decisions and bravado. Can't f**king wait for 9/14
How was the book?

Whiskeybrewer

Well I hope all his deleted scenes are on the DVD/Blu ray

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed