Survivor Mode Trailer

Started by ikarop, Sep 17, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

Author
Survivor Mode Trailer (Read 27,424 times)

newbeing

newbeing

Another long twitch gameplay. http://www.twitch.tv/twoangrygamerstv/b/570092333

I kind of got spoiled by something he mentions pertaining to the Alien behavior in the vents, so beware if you want to keep that stuff unknown to you in the game.

ikarop

ikarop

So essentially the map can be beaten in about 1 minute by just running and shooting flames every now and then...

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

Alien Isolation: Survivor Mode [PC] Gameplay
http://youtu.be/_jWEkthafwg

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Alright, who also wants a level where you play as Call and have to duck, dive and dodge the Newborn around the Betty?

Or one where you are Newt in Hadley's Hope being hunted by a tenacious alien, -the same one who nabbed her in the flooded basement, dun dun dun- before the gang arrives?

SM

SM

The former would last all of 20 seconds.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: SM on Sep 20, 2014, 09:48:37 AM
The former would last all of 20 seconds.

But there's good replayability.

Seegson

Seegson

Even the survival mode seems to be great fun. If the rest of survival maps are "original" (i mean, not places for the main campaing) im sold.

Could be this game, the best AlienĀ® game ever?

+1 for Newt Colony map (pretty sure CA know it fits the survival mode perfectly well)

Mormegil

Mormegil

Are you guys talking about QTE's?

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 19, 2014, 08:53:33 PM
So essentially the map can be beaten in about 1 minute by just running and shooting flames every now and then...

Yeah I saw the guy near the end playing pretty sloppy and getting the fastest time. Which is my biggest worry about this game. No AI, no matter how intelligent tends to always have an exploit, and I wonder how long it will take people to figure out the AI in alien isolation.

ikarop

ikarop

I don't think it's a matter of figuring out the AI, which seems great, but an issue with the flame-thrower itself. From the video it seems like the flame-thrower stuns the alien every time so as long as you have enough ammo you'll always be safe. I hope that's not the case in the main game because otherwise it'll ruin the experience.

gabgrave

gabgrave

There are times though when the Alien ignores the flame and stabs the player when they try to run pass. But there are also times the Alien just knocks the player over and runs away.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Sep 19, 2014, 01:09:12 AM
Alien Isolation Exclusive | Survivor Mode Flamethrower PC Gameplay 1080 HD
http://youtu.be/OQhu-z5RvSo?list=UU8RfCCzWsMgNspTI-GTFenQ
I always wanted to experience this ceiling death in ACM  :'(

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 20, 2014, 03:19:09 PM
I don't think it's a matter of figuring out the AI, which seems great, but an issue with the flame-thrower itself. From the video it seems like the flame-thrower stuns the alien every time so as long as you have enough ammo you'll always be safe. I hope that's not the case in the main game because otherwise it'll ruin the experience.

CA said that if you use the flame-thrower too much in the main game the alien will learn it cant hurt him...and you will be in trouble. Cant believe you miss that info Ikarop :D

Anyway in the basement map you have enought fuel (if you found it) to beat the level in a desperate run...but without achieve the secondary objetives

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Seegson on Sep 20, 2014, 05:30:53 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 20, 2014, 03:19:09 PM

CA said that if you use the flame-thrower too much in the main game the alien will learn it cant hurt him...and you will be in trouble. Cant believe you miss that info Ikarop :D

Anyway in the basement map you have enought fuel (if you found it) to beat the level in a desperate run...but without achieve the secondary objetives

I'm fairly disinterested in this game for some reason so it's no surprise. Good to hear that's case in the main game.

Seegson

Seegson

Also the season pass info said some maps (from the packs) will have different enemies and nodes too. What i want to know is if the maos are different locations from the main campaing

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed