USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 15, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

Author
USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game (Read 37,435 times)

Corporal Hicks

According to some of the other links I've read he's got the correspondence to support his claim. Not sure if he posted it or not.

Judograal

Judograal

Shame on you wonder dice.!... 🤮

Whiskeybrewer

Damn. Really wanted this as well

Mat

Mat

A communiqué from the famous game designer Bruno Faidutti about the plagiarism off this thing. Avpgalaxy.net We hope you encourage your community to asking about our morality to support this compagny.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1978122/communique-french-game-designers-union-about-alien

skhellter

skhellter

cluster f**k.

Game components (box, miniature, board) looked badly designed and super mediocre tbh.

here's a thread about this whole thing with more info:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1978122/communique-french-game-designers-union-about-alien

The game company says that they are being victims of a troll campaign.  ::)

Mr. Clemens

How does he know they stole his ruleset if we don't know what the rules are?

skhellter

The rules have been posted online.

Dig around on the boardgamegeek link above.

Kailem

Sounds like shenanigans may be afoot. Possibly even doings.

Wweyland

Looks like I'm gonna have to stick with The Hunt Begins

skhellter

the Aliens board game looks gud, too.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 18, 2018, 05:19:17 PM

Ah, thanks, I'll check 'em out.

Man... the official website for this game is a grammatical nightmare. I was gonna buy it despite the controversy, but that's a major red flag for me.

Huggs

Well, that went south awful fast. Guess I'll keep stickin' to Yahtzee and a deck of cards.

SM

SM

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 18, 2018, 09:54:27 PM

Man... the official website for this game is a grammatical nightmare. I was gonna buy it despite the controversy, but that's a major red flag for me.

It translated from French I believe.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 18, 2018, 09:54:27 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ieb5pqfbuyww3lq/AABmI3Y8tgbjUB6ms1t4Fkvga/ob_4c0e37_re-gles-nostromobd.pdf (The guy making the claims

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ieb5pqfbuyww3lq/AABckHqhSOpYTRmraCaneC8-a/Nostromo%20WD.pdf (The game being released)

This website spoke to both parties -

http://ludovox.fr/laffaire-nostromo-entretiens-avec-les-protagonistes/

QuoteStruck by the magnitude of the controversy that has been brewing since Monday night, Nathanael de Wonderdice explains in essence: "We have never denied having been in contact with François Bachelart. He had indeed shown us his proto 4 years ago. The game could work with a little work and on the Alien license. We were interested, we told him, and it turned out that CMON could potentially be ready to distribute it to the US. So we started to learn about how to get this license with Fox. But CMON then backtracked, judging the game too familial for its audience.

Rather than totally abandoning the idea of ​​a game stamped Alien, contacts having been taken from the FOX to obtain the license of the film, Aldebaran and Nathanael wished to develop their own game, more gamer, based on the same film .

But the filiation with the original game of François Bachelart is obvious, indissociable, and the latter does not yet seem put "in the loop" of development at any time. Wonderdice, on the other hand, claims to have developed the game for a year and a half with a team of beta testers to finally come up with a "completely different" game.

Still, the starting game was that of François Bachelart and he does not appear anywhere in the credits. "Unkindness, lack of experience and license-related stress got in the way when we made the decision to go it alone. We never realized what was brewing until it explodes in our face. " (Yet it seems that their previous title, Play Me , has already given rise to complications of the same kind with its author, Martin Wolyo ... but this is another story to investigate!).

It turns out that François had been made aware that Wonderdice was still working on a very inspired game ("at this level it's not inspired it's aspirant" he tells us not without humor) of his proto there a few months ago, when the box of the "new Nostromo" landed at Edge. Wonderdice was looking for a dealer for the game, and all the while the game arrived there. But Edge knew François Bachelart's initial proto for having studied it extensively for several years.

At this point, the author is warned, surprised and dissatisfied, but does not think about contacting Wonderdice for more explanations, "I thought it was going to stop there," he says. It is true that for an author it is not clear how to react, especially since there is little recourse and jurisprudence in this area.

Aldebaran and Nathanael finally had the opportunity to obtain the Alien license, and decided to take the gamble to afford this opportunity (the year 2019 will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the saga). They finally arrive at a game, which has "nothing to do with the family game of departure," says Nathanael.

It is the day before the launch of the pre-order that the internautique storm breaks out. "We have received insults, threats, calls for boycotts, which is forbidden by law," he says. "However we also proposed to Francis to make a family game based on his Nostromo, with a more cartoony look, but he did not follow up". The author acknowledges having received this proposal but has not considered it seriously, given the current context.

"The best outcome for me is that they give up the project" says the author who would like to resume his work in hand to develop it as he sees fit, and with another publisher. "If they had come to explain to me that they needed a game more gamer, I would have worked in this direction. "He regrets," I would have done, it's part of the job of author. "

The outcome of the case, nobody knows today, but it could well end in the courts. Could such a case be used as a precedent to prevent similar situations from happening again? Can common ground still be found between the two parties? Case to follow ...

SiL

So their defense is ... what? "Well we asked if he wanted to make it a kid's game while we turned it into a gamer's game, and he didn't reply, so shut up"? ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed