"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:50:41 AM

Author
"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period" (Read 7,530 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AMYup The predator walks, invisible among the people in the streets (two guys even bump when he passes between them, they don't see each other and bump.They start to throw some insults.
Then Harrigan goes to the phone booth, the pred spies his conversation, and after that it enters the shop and seems to understand
that these stuffed animals are like his trophies.He admires a stuffed lion.

From memory, it doesn't go in the shop. Just watches from across the street, seeing all the trophy animals through the window.

The scene with Harrigan at the shop is in the film, but we never see the Predator so the metaphor's kinda lost.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AMNobody said you are stupid :D, I'm just saying you're wrong.

I'm "wrong" for trusting a published source over a script that was never intended for public consumption...?

OK.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Feb 09, 2016, 12:06:13 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AM
Yup The predator walks, invisible among the people in the streets (two guys even bump when he passes between them, they don't see each other and bump.They start to throw some insults.
Then Harrigan goes to the phone booth, the pred spies his conversation, and after that it enters the shop and seems to understand
that these stuffed animals are like his trophies.He admires a stuffed lion.Then he follow Harrigan to the cemetary, drops the necklace,
and goes to the sub station to find Jerry and Leona, he scans the comutters and find them.cut to, the movie. ;)

Sounds like a great scene. I wish it was in the movie.

If I remember correctly, the Thomas brothers talk about it in the audio commentary, it was on paper but not filmed.To be verified.

KiramidHead

I can give a few reasons why this movie is so much fun:

"The lions, the tigers, the bears- ooooooh, my." 8)

426Buddy

Gary Busey was magnificent as Peter Keyes lol 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 10, 2016, 02:23:58 AMGary Busey was is magnificent as Peter Keyes

Fixed it for you.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 09, 2016, 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AMYup The predator walks, invisible among the people in the streets (two guys even bump when he passes between them, they don't see each other and bump.They start to throw some insults.
that these stuffed animals are like his trophies.He admires a stuffed lion.

From memory, it doesn't go in the shop. Just watches from across the street, seeing all the trophy animals through the window.

The scene with Harrigan at the shop is in the film, but we never see the Predator so the metaphor's kinda lost.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AMNobody said you are stupid :D, I'm just saying you're wrong.

I'm "wrong" for trusting a published source over a script that was never intended for public consumption...?

OK.

The metaphor is not totally lost because Harrigan stares at the stuffed animals, but it's less good that's for sure.

You're wrong if you trust something in the novel wich contradicts the scripts.Then there are the stuffs which are only in the novel and they're free for interpretation (the mask removal...).IMHO.

viendammage

Predator was such a great hybrid of action and horror. Plus it is the most macho film of all time with one of the best casts of all time.

Predator 2 is a fun, funny, schlocky and violent good time that's got a kinetic energy and tells it's own story. More enjoyable than Predators and both AVP flicks but not in league w original.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 10, 2016, 09:59:52 PMYou're wrong if you trust something in the novel wich contradicts the scripts.

I love your insistence that something in the script that was cut from the movie is somehow gospel.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 11, 2016, 08:52:26 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 10, 2016, 09:59:52 PMYou're wrong if you trust something in the novel wich contradicts the scripts.

I love your insistence that something in the script that was cut from the movie is somehow gospel.

Things that were not made/cut, due to time or budget constraint  shouldn't be overlooked.
A lot of haters always come up with the cemetary/subway transition, and the scripts gave an  explanation.

OpenMaw

And once again I will pull out a quote from one of my favorite critics...

You don't get credit for something you didn't put in the movie, and try to follow me here, because you didn't put it in the f*cking movie!

Predator 2 has problems. Yes, cool pred gadgets and culture expansion, but the script is flawed, and the film itself is flawed.

Predator_Spirit

The script is cool and works perfectly for this movie.Rodriguez could learn a thing or two from the bros.

overthere

How does P2 novel end? Did Harrigan at least get a proper exit off the ship instead of figuring out in 5 seconds he has to leave or he'll go on a cruise with the Predators?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Feb 12, 2016, 10:55:12 PM
How does P2 novel end? Did Harrigan at least get a proper exit off the ship instead of figuring out in 5 seconds he has to leave or he'll go on a cruise with the Predators?

Nope, from the moment he was given the pistol 1715 (1640 in the novel) it's identical.He also says the same thing to Garber minus the curse.

Aliens_Diner86

Well not as great as the first its still a pretty badass film  :)
Does not nearly deserve the flack it gets !!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed