Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest'

Started by Darkness, Apr 19, 2008, 06:05:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest' (Read 21,344 times)

Krogo

Krogo

I see what she means, but I agree with what has been said: what else could be done with the Alien franchise?  Anything else done would just be an attempt to make money, in my opinion.  I don't think that AVP killed it.  If they wanted to make Alien 5, then they would anyway, regardless of what AVP or AVPR did.

Riptr2

Riptr2

I think that will be the signal to all of the original directors to leave the franchise be, and keep the original greatness of the films.  And hopefully not having the legend of the creatures too tarnished; from terrifying creatures to toys in 'action' movies that deliver all style, but no substance.

Andy

Andy

that really makes you think avp sucks... and it does. we couldve still be seeing alien and predator movies if it wasnt for fox. all fox wanted to do was make $$$ so they just through those two together and got shit.  f**king fox sucks now.   >:(  

Semaka

Semaka

yeah Gort Pred, you really loved every predator scene, because, as you said:
QuoteI laughed my ass off. I love any scene with the Predator in it. AVPR showed alot of Wolf and I loved all of it.
this movie was like a Predator 3 movie, with aliens in it! This movie was clearly a predator movie, come on, one single predator, fighting lots of aliens, even in the real life, if you have lots of guns, and fight with lots of people with knifes i their hands, and they are masters at stealth like the aliens are, you can't beat them all, eventually you will be killed. But no, Wolf raises from the water with 2 aliens in his hands, that was f**king crap! The marines were many than the predator and still got wacked ...that is why I'm complaining, because I want to see something like in the second game, AvP2, it had a story way better than the 2 films. Why can't they do something like that? Because FOX sucks! and it will suck my friends, and another Avp movie will be like: "hey, let's make a movie, and show the fans the predator homeworld, and put some aliens i it, oh yeah, and some humans"

whitrob

Why let Ripley rest now?! They dragged her corpse out and paraded it around for that abomination of a movie Alien Resurrection. If anything they should have just stopped the franchise at Alien3 so we wouldn't have been left with the possibility of a sequel.

mistep

mistep

I think the best thing to do is this, for Superman Returns, Superman 3 and 4 were wiped out.  And if there is a bright future ahead, Doctors 9 and 10 will be wiped out and we will finally get a fantastic 8th Doctor series of Doctor Who.   The same thing could be done with the terrible AVP movies (the first one was alright, the second one was complete shit, especially the god awfull ending that ruins the Alien series!!), just ignore both AVP 1 AND 2 and just make a cool Alien 5 with Weaver and Predator 3.

melissa

melissa

I do not, I repeat, DO NOT WANT AN AVP 3, AVP 2 sucked donkey balls, avp 1 was passable!  Alien 5 (only if Sigourney Weaver is in it) and Predator 3 on the other hand would be quite welcomed.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Semaka  ok wait a min...are you the alien fan who hated everything going on?  Ya know...we all know that the excuss for Wolf being able to kill 4 just born aliens and hold 2 by the neck is becasue...well...1 He's an elder who has done this job for a while now hence why he's only 1. Reason 2....there was 1 PREDATOR! what are they going to kill him off in the middle of the movie. Ya know one alien knocked him down and stabbed him, another made him lose both his cannons! Com on. All the marines died...well would you know what is going on when it comes to aliens? And he didn't the marines get there asses kicked in Aliens. Something that makes aliens cool is the number will take you out. But I don't think 4 aliens will get you if your a predator. The only way Wolf would have been killed by aliens is if they kept on coming, like 30 or more. Alot of aliens, not 4 at a time. The number went down. He killed 4, then 1, then 2, then 3, then 1 again and then got killed by the Predalien. You want the second game? Why not the first one? I like both, but the second one had, i had more probloms with

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

I...love...you all! Mostly anyway. Woot! Pred rocks! Wolf was an elder, yes. And I agree with Gort that he'd only be killed by massive waves of Xenos. Also, someone said that Wolf didnt come to kill humans.  EXACTLY!  My dad said, "This stupid predator is doing a very good job at killing them."  And then I went on about their customs and why he was sent there. I think my dad had an aneurism and I also think one could only understand the movies after reading the books.  The books explain things, while the movies (try to) back them up. The AvP movies didnt ruin things.....for a devout fan. If you were looking at every single aspect and detail of the movie, then OF COURSE you're going to find some flaws.  Overall, WOOT predators! Ahhhhh! Aliens! Predator 3 shouldnt be a western....or Predator 4...and no future crap.  They do need a good writer. I agree with that.

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

Correction, "...predator isN'T...

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

Noguchi should totally be in a movie! Ah! I love her! Who else could single-handedly take down a clan of Yautja AND escape from a queen AND kill a queen AND be accepted into a clan? Ripley maybe, but she's DEAD. Anyway, Machiko Noguchi is the hottest Ice Queen ever!            And...she should be played by Lucy Liu    ;D  

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

Semaka...leave Gort Alone!  Leave gort alone! All he/she does is speak for you! Sorry...Leave Britnet Alone moment, Anyway, leave him alone, Wolf was the bomb. He was the bombiest bomb I have ever seen. Even if the movie stunk, Wolf was soooooo awesome.  I dont necessarily thing AvPR was just a predator movie, but the predalien SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD dreads. Gir. But, back to the point, it was just continuing AvP.

Alien Genesis

I keep saying this over and over, hoping that, someday, somebody will actually GET this.  The shot in arm the Alien series needs is an origin story, something they should have done a long time ago.  Where did the Aliens come from?  Where did the Space Jockey come from?  Are they from the same planet?  Did the Space Jockey harvest the Alien?  You don't need Ripley, or any of the characters we know, to tell an origin story.  I fear we'll never get this story, however, because every movie that has come out since Aliens has pretty much hurt, not helped, the franchise, in my opinion.

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

I think the mystery is fun...intriguing. An explanation would ruin the hypothesis that are running around. It would be no fun to say: Hey, the Aliens were a bio weapon used in a Space Jockey civil war... Boo! No fun, I like how they are shrouded in mystery. In the books, a space jockey just comes out of nowhere and starts killing the aliens. That was cool.

ZEN

ZEN

@YautjaFan  I basicaly get the same response when I tell my family about pred customs,then I get "Obsessed much?" and other stuff like that.As for the western,I just thought it might be cool,but they should make P3 take place in the desert.As for a pred movie taking place in the future,it might be cool (might).I like to think that the Space-jockies created the aliens as a terraforming (or whatever they call their planet,being since ours is Terra [Earth]) weapon (killing off any inhabitants on it) and sending down a gasious form of what Wolf was using to get rid of the aliens.But its just a theory. BYE FOR NOW!!!!!   ;D     ;D     ;D  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed