Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,332 times)

Corporal Hicks

Over the last few days several bits of news regarding the multiple upcoming Dark Horse comic series have been released. The solicitations for May have been released and with those releases we have a synopsis and cover for Aliens: Defiance #2 and Predator: Life and Death #3:

“Colonial Marine Hendricks and the Weyland-Yutani synthetic Davis break protocol, navigating the Europa to a distant science station discovered in the once-derelict ship's data records—a station that recently went dark. Following the trail of the alien species, they dive deeper into a conspiracy, uncovering just how much is riding on their choices.”

Predator: Life and Death #3 cover art by David Palumbo and Massimo Carnevale's cover for Aliens: Defiance #2.

Predator: Life and Death #3 cover art by David Palumbo and Massimo Carnevale’s cover for Aliens: Defiance #2.

Whilst talking to Big Comic Page about Predator: Life and Death, Dan Abnett confirmed that he would be writing all 4 parts of the Life and Death series. The interview also featured our first look at the cover art for Prometheus: Life and Death #1:

“Oh, but that's not all.  Because while we're focusing mainly on the Predator series here, Abnett will actually be writing all four series in this event, including the upcoming Prometheus one, and we're honoured to be able to give you a world-exclusive look at the cover for the first issue!  Feast your eyes on Dave Palumbo's typically awesome work below.”

Prometheus: Life and Death #1 cover art by David Palumbo.

Prometheus: Life and Death #1 cover art by David Palumbo.

Predator: Life and Death #1 is due for release March 2nd 2016 and early reviews are now starting to be released online. Big Comic Page and Fanboy Comics both have advanced reviews online and they’re quite positive: “Without hesitation, Predator: Life and Death #1 is worth picking up or, better yet, adding to your pull list. Dark Horse continues to do what the the Predator, Aliens, and Prometheus film franchises should be doing by building an interconnected universe set in the extremely popular future established by the Carmon's Aliens film. It remains to be seen if the rest of the series will follow suit, but Predator: Life and Death #1 is certainly an exciting first chapter that is absolutely full of potential.”

Thanks to Ultramorph for the tips.

RakaiThwei

I'm digging that Predator design!

The First Child

I would like to see a possible engineer character. It would be interesting to read about the ideas, and personality of one of these mysterious beings. It would also be fascinating if they made the engineer a protagonist, thus shedding light on the matter that, maybe, not all engineers are bad and some are pro humanity.

Weylan

This series looks amazing. Cannot wait!

Ultramorph

I wonder/hope if Palumbo will do a poster image for Life and Death like the one he did for FaS.

happypred

Really excited for all of these!

RagingDragon

Some nice artwork there.

I can't wait for Defiance, but the Predator book is slowly creeping up the 'meh' meter for me. Apparently these marines also stumble upon a jockey ship, and I really don't like that. Not only are the mysterious 'derelicts' like the one in Alien now a common occurrence and just lying around everywhere, it seems like the only way they can relate any story to Prometheus is by either having it take place on LV-223, or having another Engineer and another Juggernaut ship exactly like the first one just randomly show up somewhere.

For all of the "expansive mythology"and "mysteries" Prometheus claimed to create, it's certainly a narrow approach for exploring that mythology and tying it in with other characters. I'd like to see something different, especially since the Engineers we've seen in the comics thus far have served about as much of a purpose as the one from the film (which I thought was supposed to be the last one, but now there are like a bunch of them) which is > show up, punch things, die.

Randomizer

Yes, the horse is beaten more than it should.

The Predator: Life and Death #3 cover looks odd to me. Upon closer inspection I realized it's actually a human in disguise, like Noland from Predators. Dunno how I missed that.

426Buddy

Quote from: Randomizer on Feb 16, 2016, 07:57:11 PM

The Predator: Life and Death #3 cover looks odd to me. Upon closer inspection I realized it's actually a human in disguise, like Noland from Predators. Dunno how I missed that.

I'm not sure thats suppose to be a human, but I can see the human looking features that make it look that way.

happypred

The marine helm does seem a bit big...not sure whether that's a disguised human though

LordCassusSnow

Someone here said your not a hardcore Predator fan until youve gotten ian white to sign your predator art? LMFAO Sorry but if anything that disqualifies you as a hardcore Predator fan lol Kevin Peter Hall is where it was all at bro. Avp is only canon to Avp and im pretty sure ian white wasn't in Predators. Also, for those who say its a bad idea for predators to have been created by the engineers or their master(s)i ask, why? Give me a legitimate reason as to why every other humanoid life form in this canon is seemingly created by engineers but Predators arent. I love Aliens as much as Predators and i dont have a problem with this. it actually makes Predator lore that much more interesting if you have imagination. Plus, Hicks, engineers are not literal gods. And im pretty sure a race as intelligent as Predators knows that. if anything, to you, itd be like gods hunting gods since predators also come from the sky.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Feb 17, 2016, 04:16:11 AM
The marine helm does seem a bit big...not sure whether that's a disguised human though

Looking at the hands, suggest that this isn't a human disguised as a Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Feb 17, 2016, 05:51:57 AM
Someone here said your not a hardcore Predator fan until youve gotten ian white to sign your predator art? LMFAO Sorry but if anything that disqualifies you as a hardcore Predator fan lol Kevin Peter Hall is where it was all at bro. Avp is only canon to Avp and im pretty sure ian white wasn't in Predators.

That's a random comment. No-one in here has said that.

QuoteAlso, for those who say its a bad idea for predators to have been created by the engineers or their master(s)i ask, why? Give me a legitimate reason as to why every other humanoid life form in this canon is seemingly created by engineers but Predators arent. I love Aliens as much as Predators and i dont have a problem with this. it actually makes Predator lore that much more interesting if you have imagination.

I believe Rakai just believes it would devalue the Predators. For me, it'd just narrow the universe down too much. I love the notion of the Engineers creating life but if every single sentient lifeform in this galaxy is created by the Engineers it would mean that the story pool gets considerably smaller .

QuotePlus, Hicks, engineers are not literal gods. And im pretty sure a race as intelligent as Predators knows that. if anything, to you, itd be like gods hunting gods since predators also come from the sky.

Not really. I say literal Gods as they literally created us.

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 16, 2016, 08:29:23 PM

I'm not sure thats suppose to be a human, but I can see the human looking features that make it look that way.

I don't think that's the intent either.

Randomizer

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 16, 2016, 08:29:23 PM

If so, that's some sketchy artwork right there.

Now let's just wait until release...

future_Tarzan³

Looks cool, But honestly the price of comics just piss me off. I remember picking up all the fire and stone last year and wtf i spent like 100 dollars on all that b.s. This time i'll wait around for while and pick up some back issue alien stuff i'm missing. #thestruggle lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed