Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 179,965 times)

The Old One

The Old One

After Gladiator? Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven DC, American Gangster, Body of Lies or The Martian?
Spoiler
Prologue: The Crossing, Perhaps?
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 18, 2019, 09:26:54 PM
No thank you. ADF's mediocre.
And the original novel (Origins)' garbage, and a no good indicator.

I thought it was good fun, despite some truly shit dialogue. Should have just been a standalone sci fi thriller rather than a licensed book though.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 18, 2019, 09:27:03 PM
I really wish that that two Alien series rumor had had some weight to it. Would have been nice to have had concurrent projects, one from Ridley finishing off his arc (I'd be down to see it concluded in film or as a series) and one going off in a different direction to tell an entirely separate story.

But since that doesn't seem to be the case, I absolutely want to see Ridley's arc completed before we move off into whatever new direction they eventually plan on going in. And I'm all for new directions; the major appeal of the Alien franchise, for me at least, is seeing it reinterpreted with unique visions by different filmmakers. So let's finish up the current ongoing vision that is Ridley's prequel story, and then hand it off to the next set of filmmakers for their take on things.

This guy gets it.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent film.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

lol No.

Local Trouble

The director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven is fantastic.

Nukiemorph

I'd like to see more users take this poll to get a clearer picture of what the fans want.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=58632.0

As far as what the more casual fans want, I think that's obvious.  They want Blomkamp's idea - nostalgia, Ripley, Newt, Hicks, marines, action, popcorn, happy feelings in their tummies.

I really think bringing Ripley and the marines back is the most safe and crowd-pleasing thing they could do at this point.  I don't want that, but I really picture Disney pushing for it.

The Old One

The Old One

First and Last.

[cancerblack]

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 18, 2019, 11:11:20 PM
I'd like to see more users take this poll to get a clearer picture of what the fans want.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=58632.0

As far as what the more casual fans want, I think that's obvious.  They want Blomkamp's idea - nostalgia, Ripley, Newt, Hicks, marines, action, popcorn, happy feelings in their tummies.

I really think bringing Ripley and the marines back is the most safe and crowd-pleasing thing they could do at this point.  I don't want that, but I really picture Disney pushing for it.

Ya, this is the direction they should go in.  100%

What do you mean they're cancelling the second tv series?  I thought the first was that Isolation thing and the second was tba.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 19, 2019, 01:26:48 AM
What do you mean they're cancelling the second tv series?  I thought the first was that Isolation thing and the second was tba.

The two TV show rumor and the Isolation digital series were two entirely different things. We haven't had any word from Fox on the potential TV shows.

Frosty Venom

I would assume those rumours formed around the time Alien: Isolation - The Digital Series and the Alien 40th Anniversary Tongal Shorts were in production. Though hopefully down the track we get more of both animated and live action episodic series's.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 19, 2019, 01:45:51 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 19, 2019, 01:26:48 AM

The two TV show rumor and the Isolation digital series were two entirely different things. We haven't had any word from Fox on the potential TV shows.

As it stands, AFAIK, no there's no weight behind it. There's always something being talked about but how far that goes is another question. With the Disney merger, I really wouldn't expect something big, including TV shows, until all the dust has settled.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 18, 2019, 09:26:54 PM
No thank you. ADF's mediocre.
And the original novel (Origins)' garbage, and a no good indicator.

Sacrilege. I would love to see ADF tackle an original novel where he actually gets to use the Aliens. Yeah, Origins is poor. It's a poor indicator of what Alien-less stories in the Alien universe can be and it's a poor indicator of ADF's ability to write an original "Alien" novel. But I'd love to see him actually get to do a proper one.

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 18, 2019, 05:54:04 PM
Really?  "90% of Alien fans" would agree that Ridley's efforts need to die on a cliffhanger because they were just that awful?  I doubt that.

It baffles me that people consider The Predator and Covenant to be in the same league of crap.

Aye, in terms of the bigger polls it's never been anywhere near that clear. It sits around the 50/50 mark of people who love/hate the prequels. There's no clear big picture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed