Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 181,398 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 18, 2019, 08:19:39 PM
Plant me firmly in the 10% camp that wants to see Ridley finish what he started, then.

Same here. Retcon it all immediately afterwards if you really must, but give me some goddamn closure on David.

The Old One

The Old One

*Recontextualisation.

[cancerblack]

The Old One

The Old One

E.G.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 11, 2019, 04:56:24 PM

My idea extension:
Spoiler

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Push the creator, creation angle even farther by revealing the SJ's created the Engineers eons ago, some cataclysm happened and they disappeared. They discovered the Alien, it destroyed them. The Engineers, millennia later inherited their technology.

The Pathogen, which the SJs derived from the Alien, somehow (the audience isn't told) is all that remains of that Galactic extinction event. Ruins, and technological remains. The SJ's wanted to fight fire with fire with the Pathogen, but the Pathogen- although destructive to worlds- couldn't infect or best the Alien. In fact it always worked it's way towards something resembling the Alien more and more with each use. All the Space Jockey's race die, all but a few. They're effectively extinct.

So the Engineers, in their hubris- flying too close to the sun, make the same mistakes in using this almost "seductively" powerful Pathogen, believing they can control it- it leaves their civilizations in ruins LV-223 being the source of the main disaster, which they abandon. So obviously they banish the Wolf, undo their creation but in the process become the insular and primitive society we see in Covenant.

David gets the wrong end of the stick, believes he's creating something original but in reality it is guiding him to almost supernaturally, resurrect the Alien from extinction.
He would realise this when he discovers the Derelict, or the Derelict discovers him- and that would be his grand downfall- not just physically but mentally.
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 18, 2019, 08:32:16 PM
You don't need to retcon and make it so the story never happened, just retroactively change the context of the story.
Or even make that part of the story; e.g.

Oh right. I don't want either retcon or recontextualisation, but given the context of "reeeee david bad burn it down", i was saying i need closure on the prequels before the "90% who hate it" move on to other stories and/or erase things.

Magegg

What I want with the new regime a fresh start. If you want to start anew, you don't finish an "origin movie" trilogy.

Whatever, probably in some 6 years we can have our reboot/relaunch of Alien and Predator.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 18, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
What I want with the new regime a fresh start. If you want to start anew, you don't finish an "origin movie" trilogy.

Whatever, probably in some 6 years we can have our reboot/relaunch of Alien and Predator.

Thing is, a fresh start can happen at any point in time, while the clock is ticking for another ridley/fassbender joint. One of those options leaves prequel fans hanging forever, the other leaves Fresh Starters hanging for a few years, and doesn't actually preclude other non-David stuff being made in that time, technically.

Samhain13

One can have a sequel in form of a book/novel. Might turn out better than the movie, for both people that like the prequels and those that don't.

[cancerblack]

Nar, we need one more film with fassy. After that you guys can do whatever you like.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 18, 2019, 08:57:51 PM
One can have a sequel in form of a book/novel. Might turn out better than the movie, for both people that like the prequels and those that don't.

Yeah, ADF can write it and fix this shitshow.

The Old One

The Old One

ADF.  :D
Repairs.  :D
Original Alien Story. :D

Samhain13

M'boy ADF aka Mr. Damage Control aka He who did nothing wrong. He can write a sequel to the Alien Covenant novel and finish David's story.

The Old One

The Old One

No thank you. ADF's mediocre.
And the original novel (Origins)' garbage, and a no good indicator.

Nightmare Asylum

I really wish that that two Alien series rumor had had some weight to it. Would have been nice to have had concurrent projects, one from Ridley finishing off his arc (I'd be down to see it concluded in film or as a series) and one going off in a different direction to tell an entirely separate story.

But since that doesn't seem to be the case, I absolutely want to see Ridley's arc completed before we move off into whatever new direction they eventually plan on going in. And I'm all for new directions; the major appeal of the Alien franchise, for me at least, is seeing it reinterpreted with unique visions by different filmmakers. So let's finish up the current ongoing vision that is Ridley's prequel story, and then hand it off to the next set of filmmakers for their take on things.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Don't even remember the last movie Ridley made that wasn't mediocre. Gladiator I guess, don't remember more recent ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed