Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 181,260 times)

Magegg

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 18, 2019, 02:29:27 PMYou send 10 AVP fans over there and the next day you will have a war over 100 different directions they want to take the series in.
First off, abort any further Ridley Scott effort and reboot the franchise in a second.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Mar 18, 2019, 03:15:44 PMYeah, while Disney made mistakes, that was not one of them   :)
Not saying it was a mistake, but that's definitely Disney taking the franchise in another direction, so, yeah, very different to what drove Lucasfilm in its late years of independence.

The Old One

The Old One

The Old One

You were my brother.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 18, 2019, 05:05:18 PM
You were my brother.
You could've supervised to make sure there's no Crabators, now you're dismembered and on fire.

:laugh:

A fitting demise!

Twas just a no-Blade-Runner-Alien-Shared-Universe joke. ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Thoughts revision; concerning the Alien Blade-Runner idea.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 10, 2019, 11:55:06 AM
AvP's inappropriate.

Alien + Blade-Runner's alright,
but each is gratuitous.

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Ah, Tim Curry <3

Nukiemorph

Really?  "90% of Alien fans" would agree that Ridley's efforts need to die on a cliffhanger because they were just that awful?  I doubt that.

It baffles me that people consider The Predator and Covenant to be in the same league of crap.

Local Trouble

As someone who isn't as invested in Predator, I'd say Covenant was actually worse.

Perfect-Organism

I say let Ridley finish his thing.  It's Ridley.  The guy who gave us the first film.  I want to see where he takes it.  Otherwise we will be asking this ad infinitum once he is no longer with us.

Samhain13

I'm a big fan of both series but probably a bigger predator fan, like 60% predator 40% alien for me, I consider The Predator much worse overall. The Predator is a bad movie and a really bad predator movie. While Covenant is a good movie and can be an average alien movie depending on one's headcanon.

Heck even Prometheus was better than The Predator and I can spend hours talking about my problems with that one.

Magegg

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 18, 2019, 05:54:04 PMReally?  "90% of Alien fans" would agree that Ridley's efforts need to die on a cliffhanger because they were just that awful?  I doubt that.
It's hurting the brand, tarnishing the series.

Nightmare Asylum

Plant me firmly in the 10% camp that wants to see Ridley finish what he started, then.

Nukiemorph

This is largely why I was so ecstatic to hear about the "two TV series" news.  One series finishes Ridley's story for those who care and the other can be a safe, risk-free, crowd-pleasing action-fest with colonial marines shooting aliens.

I know it's been more or less debunked, but I'd like to see Disney take this route.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed