One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 36,016 times)

LastSurvivor92

I'd either like to see Blomkamp's vision for the series or a direct story continuation from Resurrection onward. Even one last prequel from Ridley to tie everything up to Alien would be fine too.

What do you guys think would be best for the series after Alien Covenant?

FiorinaFury161

Prequel leading to A L I E N events is still my preferred choice.

KillCrites

Honestly I want them all. A sequel to Resurrection is my preferred choice though.

PierreVW

Salt The Fries

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

ALIENSĀ² and a proper AVP is what I want.  Make it a two-part story.  Ripley & Hicks vs Predator ftw!

Nukiemorph

Alien Covenant left a MASSIVE gap in between itself and the original Alien.  It will drive me completely insane if this gap isn't filled.  Finish David's story, then do literally anything with the series.  I won't care as long as that gap gets filled.

Kel G 426

I want to see David's story wrapped up, but don't care how well or even if it connects to Alien.  I view the prequels as a separate continuity.

FiorinaFury161

Paranoid Android

Can I go with "none of the above"?

I mean, all of those options sound awful to me, and a "reboot" seems kind of redundant since Ripley is dead. Just tell a new story in the Alien universe. Doesn't even have to have the alien in it.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 04, 2017, 11:47:51 AM
Alien Covenant left a MASSIVE gap in between itself and the original Alien.  It will drive me completely insane if this gap isn't filled.  Finish David's story, then do literally anything with the series.  I won't care as long as that gap gets filled.

Exact same way I've felt about Resurrection and Ripley 8's story for 20 years now...I want them to conclude her story and give us a reason for why she was cloned and brought back. It renders Resurrection worthless without a continuation of her story and the aliens. They need to conclude it. It feels like FOX left us hanging so hard with Resurrection.

Local Trouble

You don't think it was explained well enough in AR that they cloned her to get the queen?

SM

Yeah.  What needed to be concluded with Resurrection?

Russ840

Or explained for that matter ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed