The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,522 times)

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Nov 26, 2018, 05:00:27 PM
There was no monkey in the early cut... Coyle was killed by lizard hybrid. Interestingly it was brownish yellow with neon blue blood

Really? Sounds interesting.

Though the leaked pics of his "first death" definitely had slender limbs with traditional Pred blood oozing out.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 26, 2018, 05:58:53 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Nov 26, 2018, 05:55:47 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 26, 2018, 05:11:39 PM
When do you guys think you'll share more details of the early cut ?

I told Hicks most of what I remember from it, I think he has a long article in the works

Ok cool, thanks !

Yeah, definitely cool. Looking forward to reading it.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah i can't wait to know specifics for this version, how much was kept from the original script, how were the other deaths etc...

yaujta

any more news on the new art book ( the art of the hunt) that was coming out with the blu ray? and any idea if its out in the uk? thanks.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: yaujta on Nov 26, 2018, 07:20:44 PM
any more news on the new art book ( the art of the hunt) that was coming out with the blu ray? and any idea if its out in the uk? thanks.

That's the version I pre-ordered. Other than being 36 pages long and seemingly full of unreleased art, there hasn't been any other news on the book that I'm aware of, including it's availability other than the US unfortunately.

Any further discussion can be found on this thread: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60532.0

Corporal Hicks

Another set of monkey concepts is up!

QuoteI found another 3D zbrush quick rough design pass at the Predator Hybrid monkey. I almost forgot I did this. You can tell this one didn't go further past what you see. I didn't get to pose or refine this at all, but still fun to see. With an assignment like this I typically start with some very quick sketches on paper and pencil to get my mind flowing with ideas and different silhouettes, but I didn't have that luxury on this one and had to jump into 3D right away and as a rough start.

Even though its was short time on these was still alot of fun to at least do something. Eventually when I have some free time I'd love to go back into this design and finish it all the way. Also keep an eye out for the other amazing artists who did passes at these guys.

These have been front-paged now.

whiterabbit

They trying to make people feel better about buying blurays I guess. I don't know, when I clicked the news link this was not what I expected.

JokersWarPig

I am actually really happy those didn't end up in the film.
They look like failed David experiments if he had found Predators and not Engineers.

razeak

Fire everyone in that art department.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 28, 2018, 12:51:02 PM
I am actually really happy those didn't end up in the film.
They look like failed David experiments if he had found Predators and not Engineers.

Ha! Indeed  ;D

D88M

D88M

Looks like something David would do if he got his hands on Predator subjects. Predator: Covenant

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: razeak on Nov 28, 2018, 01:33:47 PM
Fire everyone in that art department.

Your ire is directed at the wrong people.

The script creators are responsible for the concepts, not the art department.

goose_3387

I'm not a fan of any of the concept art. It's horrible. They completely missed the whole point of what Predator is about.

Yuck!!!

Sad fan

Sad fan

Why do you keep posting stuff related to this new predator shit movie?

LtJesseRipley

Monkey...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed