J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 48,142 times)

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 28, 2019, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 26, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 26, 2019, 05:51:39 PM

I just got this!   5 Stars!  * * * * *  8)

One of the things that stand out are the brilliance of the color illustrations. They leap off the page. It is a delight for the eyes. Story boards...photo's. Wow!  So looking forward to reading it. ;D

This is a must have book for any fan of ALIEN as others have already said.
That's very encouraging, makes me feel even more confident in my decision to have pre-ordered four copies - one for reading and the others for my collection.
Why do you need 3 copies for your collection? ???
I LOVE ALIEN.

Xenomrph

I do too, but having 4 copies of the same book seems excessive to me.

I mean it's your money and you do what you want with it, I'm just trying to understand why, you know?

Local Trouble

How many did you order?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: drsmuts on Jul 28, 2019, 05:23:00 PM
Mine isn't expected from Amazon UK till at least September. Sigh.

Forbidden Planet seems to have them in stock now: https://forbiddenplanet.com/266146-the-making-of-alien/

The Old One

The Old One

I ordered zero, until I know it's quality.  :)

Prez

Prez

Update: Grovelling apology from Booktopia stating their distributor miscalculated stock levels. They've offered to express ship for free once it's available again but have no ETA on when that might be.

I appreciated their offer and decided to be patient about this.

Darwinsgirl

Glad to hear they are going to do their best to make it right.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Prez on Jul 30, 2019, 11:57:04 PM
Update: Grovelling apology from Booktopia stating their distributor miscalculated stock levels. They've offered to express ship for free once it's available again but have no ETA on when that might be.

I'm not nearly as forgiving as you. I cancelled my pre-order and received a full refund. That was the first - and last time I will do business with them.

The good news is, I just received my first copy, not five minutes ago and I'm very happy! ;D I won't open it just yet, as I'll wait for the other two I pre-ordered to turn up. The one in the least condition will be freed from its shrink wrapping and become my (well-worn) reading copy. The other two will join my beloved collection.

Prez

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 31, 2019, 01:31:14 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jul 30, 2019, 11:57:04 PM

I'm not nearly as forgiving as you. I cancelled my pre-order and received a full refund. That was the first - and last time I will do business with them.

The good news is, I just received my first copy, not five minutes ago and I'm very happy! ;D I won't open it just yet, as I'll wait for the other two I pre-ordered to turn up. The one in the least condition will be freed from its shrink wrapping and become my (well-worn) reading copy. The other two will join my beloved collection.

Nice one mate :-)

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 31, 2019, 12:12:57 AM

Glad to hear they are going to do their best to make it right.

Finger's crossed :-)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Sounds like CdL also had a significant amount of input into the book.

https://twitter.com/Lauzirika/status/1156268093410353153

The Old One

The Old One

CdL's stamp of approval is encouraging.

Corporal Hicks

My copy arrived yesterday and I read the first 40 pages or so. It's pretty good so far. It's fairly detailed (but not as much as our home boy Val), setting up the story going into the production of who these people really were and where they were at this point in their life. No punches pulled so far.

The Old One

The Old One

I expect a numerous amount considering the author's reputation.

SiL

SiL

Got mine the other day.

Definitely some pictures I've never seen of the production. Pretty sure I've never seen the set floor plans this clearly either, which are really interesting to see.

Prez

Prez

YES!!!
Just got an email from Booktopia. FINALLY. My order came in. DIdn't have to wait as long as thought. Free Express delivery on the way!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed