Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly

Started by Darkness, Oct 04, 2015, 03:46:46 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly (Read 48,169 times)

System Apollo

The 2 million in sales isn't enough considering how much was invested in the license. Alien Isolation is a credible game but isn't one that would be considered a classic through general consensus. Its style and presentation is essentially found in other popular survival horror games and it was riding fresh off with spoiled integrity from Sega's lackluster previous installments.

Another thing I would like to address; for those of you who are throwing around the Call of Duty references, it's rather unfair to dismiss an entire company as being greedy when they aren't impressed with what is evidently a low amount.
A figure which is at 2 million sitting next to one that is 175 million is definitely disheartening, including at the rate certain titles sell in this decade (Some titles will break 1 million within the first day).

NickisSmart

Calling something a classic in general consensus right off the bat (within the first couple years of release) isn't always a good thing. Or rather, it isn't a guarantee of anything. Blade Runner bombed in the box office and critics didn't really like it. Finding the diamond in the rough usually requires introspection.

Ulfer

Ulfer

Quotebut isn't one that would be considered a classic through general consensus

That's not really the matter, I think. For me, AI is a great game and it could clearly become a classic in its category. But its genre is a bit of a niche genre. Comparisons are a bit risquy in this domain and the studios must take that into account, including when they consider the sales (you must compare what is in the same category). Of course, the company can decide to invest on games with more appeal for a much greater audience, but it will lose the gamers and players that like games that are different and match their specific expectations.
With a successor to AI, there could be clever ways to broaden (a least a bit) the audience, I think, without losing the original appeal.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 10, 2015, 12:49:45 PM
The 2 million in sales isn't enough considering how much was invested in the license. Alien Isolation is a credible game but isn't one that would be considered a classic through general consensus. Its style and presentation is essentially found in other popular survival horror games and it was riding fresh off with spoiled integrity from Sega's lackluster previous installments.

Another thing I would like to address; for those of you who are throwing around the Call of Duty references, it's rather unfair to dismiss an entire company as being greedy when they aren't impressed with what is evidently a low amount.
A figure which is at 2 million sitting next to one that is 175 million is definitely disheartening, including at the rate certain titles sell in this decade (Some titles will break 1 million within the first day).
That is true what was that game were you are in the aslum.

razeak

Xenomorphine, to clarify my statement a little more:

A lot of publishers jump on movie licenses and such and I would be very surprised if projections for sales on an A:I2 that coincides with or follows a major theatrical release wouldn't surpass what the sales were for the original just based on that theatrical release alone. I just didn't expand enough in my post. On the cost side, if they use the same engine and a lot of the same material a lot of the costs is already covered and it probably would cost substantially less than A:I to produce. As you said, whether that projection would still put them in the red or not is the real question and I agree 100%.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Jeeze, I'm so slow with these kind of things.  :-\
I knew I was forgetting something, I was intending to post this up for you guys a couple days back before putting it up on GAvP.

Don't hold out on hope just yet:
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/sega-is-not-ruling-out-alien-isolation-2-yet/

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 12, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

My goodness, I am so sorry with my delayed response CITY HUNTER. I believe the game you are referring to is Outlast which was a successful approach to the neo-survival-horror genre.

Samus007

Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 26, 2015, 08:27:04 AM
I knew I was forgetting something, I was intending to post this up for you guys a couple days back before putting it up on GAvP.

www.globalavp.com/alien-isolation-2-not-out-of-the-question

My goodness, I am so sorry with my delayed response CITY HUNTER. I believe the game you are referring to is Outlast which was a successful approach to the neo-survival-horror genre.

Nice to always have a little bit of hope. I'll keep my fingers crossed it happens.

THE CITY HUNTER

Ah yes that was it thanks!i would not mind an AVP isolation game.

Xenomrph

Nice! Has Corporal Hicks seen this yet?

Darkness

That's the same interview we posted. It wasn't Sega who said that, it was the chap at Creative Assembly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 27, 2015, 08:04:03 PM
That's the same interview we posted. It wasn't Sega who said that, it was the chap at Creative Assembly.
The link in question is quoting Jurgen Post, the COO of Sega Europe, not Creative Assembly. I didn't realize it was from the same interview.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really hope we do get a sequel to this. I don't mind if it takes a few years, but I'd like to see one eventually. Isolation is almost certainly the best Alien/Predator game I've ever played. Had me soiling my way through my underwear collection like nobody's business.

Plus, Sevastopol was probably the best-realised game world I've come across since Rapture in the original BioShock.

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 08, 2015, 03:52:45 PMAm I the only person who liked the android section? I appreciated a break from the torment of alien-induced perma-tension.

I din't like it as much as the Alien sections - and it definitely wasn't as well worked out as those parts - but I certainly didn't dislike it like a lot of people seemed to. It was fun to be able to go around blasting for a while without fear of getting munched. Plus...

Spoiler
...it was kinda necessary given the story twists surrounding the Alien(s). There needed to be something there before the big reveal that it isn't over.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I liked the Joe sections too. That bit when you walk into the showroom was so daunting.

Vertigo

I wonder if the people who didn't like those sections were playing at higher difficulty levels? I'm an unrepentant Easy/Novice player, but can imagine it would be frustrating if the synths could easily spot you.

HuDaFuK

I played through the game on hard first time out. It was tough, but fun. I had far more grief with the Alien than I did the Joes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed