Possible Concept Art for Alien 5 by Carlos Huante?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 06, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

Author
Possible Concept Art for Alien 5 by Carlos Huante? (Read 13,726 times)

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Feb 07, 2018, 04:34:55 PM
Hicks-I agree. My gut feeling is that Disney will move pretty quickly on the ALIEN IP once the actual deal is finalized by Disney/Fox(from my understanding, they have agreed in principal on the deal but have not signed off on it yet ie: Disney buying Fox)

I personally think Disney will go with Blomkamp/Weaver and his "ALIENS 2.0" movie. As long as Weaver and Biehn are still willing to do it(pretty sure they'll get Lance Henrikson back on board as well) it's the "safe" bet for Disney.

Much like they did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I think Disney will play it "more safe" and go with fan favorites like Ellen Ripley and Hicks fighting Aliens and hopefully it'll set up an adult Newt "getting passed the torch" for possible further ALIEN fighting adventures......

I really don't think Blomkamp's gonna do this even if it gets made. He's said numerous time he's moved on from this, and he's already got so much on his plate with Oats and The Gone World (which is also at Fox) that he probably wouldn't be able to fit this into his schedule.

Apollo

Removed eh? Interesting. I'm betting that they may still hold some clout for future projects.

razeak

After Last Jedi, I have little doubt Disney would approve a version of Blomkamps alien 5 with Weaver and possibly Biehn as quickly as possible.

Anthony

Anthony

Thread will become an argument about how much The Last Jedi does/doesn't suck in 3...2...1....

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Feb 07, 2018, 04:34:55 PM
Hicks-I agree. My gut feeling is that Disney will move pretty quickly on the ALIEN IP once the actual deal is finalized by Disney/Fox(from my understanding, they have agreed in principal on the deal but have not signed off on it yet ie: Disney buying Fox)

I personally think Disney will go with Blomkamp/Weaver and his "ALIENS 2.0" movie. As long as Weaver and Biehn are still willing to do it(pretty sure they'll get Lance Henrikson back on board as well) it's the "safe" bet for Disney.

Much like they did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I think Disney will play it "more safe" and go with fan favorites like Ellen Ripley and Hicks fighting Aliens and hopefully it'll set up an adult Newt "getting passed the torch" for possible further ALIEN fighting adventures......

That sounds awesome!

acrediblesource

I don't think Sig and Beign will do it, however, Sam Worthington seems to treading the sci-fi path quite oftern. There is a film he is doing called The Titan which has him becoming an alien (others say he looks like the engineer from Prometheus, but whatever). I think there is potential for Sam to stay in the sci-fi horror genre for a while. And considering he is pretty tough, I could see him doing a marine USCM style and shifting the focus more on a single soldier in the Aliens world. He is definitely Disney worthy considering his involvement with Avatar and probably will continue to .

LiquidMonster

Perfect-I can't take the credit for any of that as that's been the rumored "plot" for Blomkamp's ALIENS 2.0(having Ripley "pass the torch" to a now adult Newt).

We'll see what shakes out of all this once the deal is finalized. One thing I would count on: Disney will let fans know what's in store for their ALIEN I.P. as quickly as possible. Be it ALIENS 2.0, Ridley's "Awakening" or perhaps a reboot of the entire franchise itself and remake "ALIEN".(Don't get the pitchforks...just speculation)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
Despite releasing some concepts, Blomkamp is still being cagey with what he releases, as was ADI when we were after some specifics. I think they still want to keep a tight lid on this incase.

We must never, ever give up hope.

kwisatz

The Last Jedi sucked!

Huggs

They're still up on BD. Loved the last design. Very, very elegant and well done. I'll never understand (philosophically) why this kind of stuff gets removed though. I can't help but chuckle at the level of shush Hollywood gives their product.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed