Predator 2 First Draft released!

Started by Kane Gilbert T., Jun 24, 2022, 04:52:33 PM

Author
Predator 2 First Draft released! (Read 2,498 times)

Kane Gilbert T.

Kane Gilbert T.

Hey everyone, I was able to talk to Ian (Predain) about sending me pics of the first Draft to rewrite it for all fans to enjoy, today he sent me the entire script in pics, and said I can share this with you guys, so I was wondering if you would also like to help rewrite the script in a Google docs that would be later made into a pdf for us all to see and enjoy. I will send pics as I go. And will send a link to my Google document so we can start working on the script, Happy early 32nd anniversary Predator 2!

Here is my Google document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O4NQZnG6JevsdIrB6blZ877BM_BaLhRwq1PK3DjSV8w/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here's more

426Buddy

426Buddy

Somebody find Voodoo!

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sure he's watching us

Corporal Hicks

Well this is exciting! Be worth also porting across into Final Draft after it's been written up for genuine script formatting. I've requested access to edit your document so I can contribute.

Darkness

Darkness

If you properly scanned it, or at least aligned the pictures a bit better, you can use ICR software to scan it all and convert it to text automatically.

Corporal Hicks

He's being sent the pictures by the person who owns the script so I think that might not be a possible ask. I understand that getting this far is incredible in itself. The owner hasn't really shared much from it up to this point.

Darkness

Darkness

Is this the script where Dutch is in it?

Looking online, he first posted about it in 2009.

QuoteI thought this might be of interest. I recently aquired an original studio script for Predator 2, it is the first draft and I got round to reading it last night. I was most interested in knowing what differences there were to the final film.
Most of the characters, names and dialogue is the same though Jerry is named Tony and doesn't have any jokes.
The opening scene is with the Scorpian who is doing a deal for weapons when the Predator drops in. Harrigan's team arrive and enter the building (none of the opening firefight with the police in the streets).
The next different scene is in a warehouse rather than a penthouse apartment and there is no girl, here the guy is tied up by his wrists and is the shocked survivor found by Harrigan's team.
Danny dies the same but finds a Saint Christopher instead of the dart and the forensic scientist (a man) finds traces of a metallic oil on the victims which helps the Predator's blades cut stronger.
Harrigan is suspended after Danny's death and Tony (Jerry) and Leona continue to follow his orders.
The Predator also does a bit of walking, firstly through a park where he pick up the "give me some candy" line from a whining child. Harrigan and the others are driving while the Predator keeps up by running alongside. He follows Harrigan around the streets and goes into the taxidermy store to admire a stuffed lion.
King Willy dies firing and Uzi and his dreads are left on his skull. The trophy cabinet is a diamond of jelly which they are placed into leaving a space at the top for one more.
Leona also dies at the blades of the Predator on the subway, no mention of being pregnant as she is celebrating her 35 birthday with her husband and already has two children.
Peter Keyes lead the OWLF unit but doesn't enter the meat packing building, he watches on the screens and has all of Garber's lines. Dutch and Anna both gave one line on the screens. Their events were in 1984, this movie is set in 1994.
The Predator flees from the slaughterhouse with Harrigan pursuing across rooftops, firstly climbing the next building's extra five floors by the crumbling fire-escape. Then when the Predator jumps a forty foot gap to the next building Harrigan has to use a piece of cable to slide down two heavy duty power cables to catch up.
The old woman was to be played by Billy Crystal. Harrigan has to run down the stairs when the Predator escapes down the lift shaft, the fight agin in the basement and through a fake wall where the brickwork is a Predator hologram. Then through to an abandoned tunnel where they fight to the predator's death outside the spaceship and the clan appears and gives him a 1640 flintlock. He walks out of the lobby to reporters and police and walks round to find keyes standing by the newly exposed tunnel exit to say "we came so close".

Another alternate version I have is a storyboard sequence where the Predator finishes himself honourably in front of the clan with a sword.

It was up for auction in 2015. What reason does somebody have to keep it to themselves for so long.

SiL

SiL

Collectors want to collect.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 27, 2022, 10:05:09 AMIs this the script where Dutch is in it?

If my memory serves it was never a complete draft. Just a 60 page something.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I would also love to help with the transcription so if a couple hands are needed let me know

Whiskeybrewer

Cant wait to read this

Kane Gilbert T.

Kane Gilbert T.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2022, 07:46:12 AMWell this is exciting! Be worth also porting across into Final Draft after it's been written up for genuine script formatting. I've requested access to edit your document so I can contribute.

You should be able to now edit it, I'll send a Google drive folder of all the photos of the script

Here's the pics

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-WrHFk4G0iw8SnKVsW2LAOCpxRn1YaEt

Darkness

Darkness

If you right click an image and open in Google Docs, it transcribes it all.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 28, 2022, 07:15:44 AMIf you right click an image and open in Google Docs, it transcribes it all.

Well that made that a hell of a lot easier. I just did Page 2.

Honestly @Kane Gilbert T. it might be easier if I just put this directly into Final Draft and have that deal with the formatting than mess about trying to deal with it all manually in Google Docs.

Billiken

Billiken

Do a podcast on it. A round table reading

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed