Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,483 times)

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

And they sounded off compared to the avp ones

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 29, 2009, 11:55:59 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 29, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
1: Pulse rifles carry ammunition which is designed to rip through personal armour and explode from the inside. Considering this, why haven't we seen Predators and humans being ripped apart by such hits, in the same way naturally-armoured Aliens are? Predators are fairly exposed, yet seem to be walking around like Robocop.

To be fair, Alien 3's pulse rifles didn't have explosive ammunition.

That's because the WY mercs in Alien 3 wern't using explosive tipped cassings.

natas2020

natas2020

Will there be "acid spit" for the aliens?

Can an Alien break though walls and steel doors to get to "camping" players?

How long will the alien's tail be for striking purposes (close range or medium range) because in some of the movies the alien tails can be extremely long.

Will the alien tail be a damaging weapon that can kill or a poisonous weapon like in avp2?

Will you be able to play as queen or become queen after certain amount of kills or no queen at all?

Will there be alien life cycle?

How damaging is the alien blood?

Will predalien be able to impregnate humans or any other species?
Will head bite (second mouth) only be used if cross hair is over opponents face like in AVP2? Honestly that really sucks if it is because you can use it to impale other body parts.
Can you care opponents and bring them to a hive?
Will the marines be able to drive vehicles (tank, jeep)?

Will you be able to play as a synthetic android?

Will there be exo suit?

What weapons will the marines have?

Will there be two types of human spices to play as (marines and corporate) like in avp2?

What weapons does the predator have?

Will there be a light and heavy predator class that has more and less health like avp2?

Will plasma caster (shoulder gun) fallow opponents like a heat seeking missile (in avp2) or just lock on to an opponent and not move once it has been fired (like in all the movies).
I also want to know what the health system looks like between the three species.

An example that I would like to see would be:
Alien Runner = 2 bars of health
Human = 3 bars of health
Drone = 4 bars of health
Predator = 5 bars of heath
Predalien = 7 bars of health
Queen = 15 bars of health

rikiiy

rikiiy

-Is there a dynamic weather, and night and day system?

-Are players able to pick up items (Like in HL2) for example a flare

-Will there be cosmetic damage dealt to players (Scars, bullet wounds, etc)

-How will you be implanting the damage system? (Like AVP2 or maybe in more depth like limping, impaired vision, etc)

-How will the multiplayer work? (Is it like halo3, cod4, tf2, or just generic like AVP2)

-Will you allow for clans and a ranking system for multiplayer?

-Map Editor?

-Around how many multiplayer maps can we expect upon release?

-Will AVP3 be optimized for dual, quad, etc core CPU's? (Also for SLI/CF?)

-Will the single player campaign just have dynamic enimies spawn, or are you going to add in random events?

-will you be able to Customize/upgrade your character during multiplayer (Like in cod and Rb6V)

-Ironsights?

-Will dismemberment be dynamic?

-Melee weapons? (Axe, pipe, torch, etc)

-Handheld grenades?

-Will there be a variety of ammo for each firearm? (FMJ, AP, HP, HE, etc)

JayHy17

JayHy17

i think we should leave it at one question per person... think of the best one.

Ferazel

Ferazel

Quote from: dude63 on Jun 28, 2009, 06:00:46 PM
1.When was the development of AVP (3) officially started?

This is the only question I would like asked if there was only one. This game came out of nowhere and while it wasn't exactly ready for prime time at E3 it sounds like... the game doesn't give me a lot of hope if it was just thrown together.

How many people are working on AvP3 currently?
Are you using the 360 as your target platform development unit?

AJL

AJL

Are humans going to be able to climb/hang ?? (I mean something like in
Splinter Cell games, though propably not quite that extreme...)

For example if they meet some about a meter tall box are they going to
jump or climb on top of it or is getting there something beyond human
capabilities...

Hyshore

Hyshore

1. Will the game feature a realistic look for dead enemy's? for example, if predator shoots someone with plasma, does it burn through them or do they just fall to pieces like in avp2?
After you kill someone, do there body's disappear or stay there till you finish the level?     

2. Are there any aspects of the game that are influenced by the avp movies? I honestly do not see what everyone has against them, someone tell me whats wrong them!

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:31:25 PMwhen an alien embryo is inplanted in a host it assimalats the host dna during gestation(hence the dog alien) the reason the queen in alien ressurection was more human was do to the cloning pocees on of its host(and its self) all weyland yutani or any one else would have to do to create a newborn  is clone a human host of a queen embryo(well the embryo is still inside)so it could be in avp3
Even though I reluctantly agree that hacking host DNA and integrating it into alien... WHATEVER they have is canon, which is utterly stupid but hey what can you do, there is no indication of HOST turning into anything - except at egg morphing. So host seems to stay what it is. And host DNA should not change a single bit and definitely not in a way to produce a freaking Alien queen out of it.

Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2009, 04:25:24 PM
Compareing Alien to tape worm is simplification and not adiquate at all. Tape worm just lives in hosts intestines. Not taking any of it's characteristics and not joining with it's blood system etc.                As i showned earlier there are losts of ideas to involve Newborn like creatures in game. And what's the big deal? You don't like it? Now you'd have the ability to shoot it and watchit die.
What the hell are you talking about? Since when does an Alien embryo act like a baby? And even if it did - when did a baby have an influence on mother's DNA?!

I don't mind new ideas but there should at least be some logic in them. Alien DNA hacking has no logic whatsoever to begin with and the making of Alien queen out of Ripley's blood even less so. Which makes Newborn a logical abomination.

But hey, it's in Alien 4 so it is canon.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Hyshore on Jun 30, 2009, 06:46:37 AM
......the avp movies? I honestly do not see what everyone has against them, someone tell me whats wrong them!

Lets see, where to begin....

1. Terrible creature designs
2. Terrible concepts
3. Terrible plot
4. Terrible Acting
5. Doesn't stay true to the original movies at all
6. The stupid common thought that aliens are cannon fodder and Predators are walking tank gods.
7. Terrible characters

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: dude63 on Jun 28, 2009, 06:00:46 PM
1.When was the development of AVP (3) officially started?

I can kinda answer that. They've been in full production for over a year, but the project was first prototyped a while before that, I don't know the exact details but AVP's quite a long development compared to what rebellion usually does.

Master

Master

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jun 30, 2009, 06:46:43 AM
Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:31:25 PMwhen an alien embryo is implanted in a host it assimalats the host dna during gestation(hence the dog alien) the reason the queen in alien ressurection was more human was do to the cloning pocees on of its host(and its self) all weyland yutani or any one else would have to do to create a newborn  is clone a human host of a queen embryo(well the embryo is still inside)so it could be in avp3
Even though I reluctantly agree that hacking host DNA and integrating it into alien... WHATEVER they have is canon, which is utterly stupid but hey what can you do, there is no indication of HOST turning into anything - except at egg morphing. So host seems to stay what it is. And host DNA should not change a single bit and definitely not in a way to produce a freaking Alien queen out of it.

Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2009, 04:25:24 PM
Compareing Alien to tape worm is simplification and not adiquate at all. Tape worm just lives in hosts intestines. Not taking any of it's characteristics and not joining with it's blood system etc.                As i showned earlier there are losts of ideas to involve Newborn like creatures in game. And what's the big deal? You don't like it? Now you'd have the ability to shoot it and watchit die.
What the hell are you talking about? Since when does an Alien embryo act like a baby? And even if it did - when did a baby have an influence on mother's DNA?!

I don't mind new ideas but there should at least be some logic in them. Alien DNA hacking has no logic whatsoever to begin with and the making of Alien queen out of Ripley's blood even less so. Which makes Newborn a logical abomination.

But hey, it's in Alien 4 so it is canon.

One simple question to start with: Have you ever seen Alien films? Even one of them? Cause seriously taking characteristics from host was in very first Alien. Check even in Starbeast. Our organism have such thing as immune system that serves as natural defense mechanism against any other things that gets into it ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system ). Alien embryo would be killed quickly by this system so in order to prevent it and give new xeno a birth, it alters the DNA so immune system thinks about embryo as if it was natural part of human organism. Simple isn`t it.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Master on Jun 30, 2009, 11:41:10 AM
One simple question to start with: Have you ever seen Alien films? Even one of them? Cause seriously taking characteristics from host was in very first Alien. Check even in Starbeast. Our organism have such thing as immune system that serves as natural defense mechanism against any other things that gets into it ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system ). Alien embryo would be killed quickly by this system so in order to prevent it and give new xeno a birth, it alters the DNA so immune system thinks about embryo as if it was natural part of human organism. Simple isn`t it.
Are you actually reading my posts or just assuming that you know what I have written?

In my first post that you disliked I wrote that ok, Aliens do take and integrate human DNA. A human host does NOT however integrate ALIEN carrier of information, which is most likely not even DNA to begin with. So how did anyone produce a queen out of Ripley's blood remains beyond me.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Is There That Classic "Brrrrrt" sound from the pulse rifles?  ;D ( I Know It was in other avp games)

Are The Trophy Kills Going To Be As Gory As Described/Viewed?

Will This Game Be Better Than Aliens Colonial Marines?

Will There Be An HUD?

;D

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jun 30, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
A human host does NOT however integrate ALIEN carrier of information, which is most likely not even DNA to begin with. So how did anyone produce a queen out of Ripley's blood remains beyond me.

I know what you mean, and I've had this exact same argument on this very forum before, but ultimately there's no really scientifically satisfying answer to that problem.  The idea is the alien embryo somehow manages to change the human DNA (a concept which baffles me and seems so have so no scientific foundation, but then neither does much of the science fiction or horror genres) to somehow contain the alien embryo.  A DNA sample of Ripley was taken from the prison colony and as a result contains both human and alien DNA. 

I agree it makes no sense and if you think about it long enough much of the entire alien concept makes no sense, but I'm afraid you just have to live with it, that's what they've simply decided to do. If you think it through, it's the only possible concept that could result in not only aliens re-appearing for (yet another) sequel to the franchise but also Ripley appearing for (yet another) sequel to the franchise.  It's not a nice explanation but it's the only one that anybody could feasibly pull off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed