Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 48,043 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Well here's mine. Hope it gets asked.

Will the jumping for the predator change?

Its annoying how you have to aim everywhere to jump. All my friends agreed on that too.

Master

Master

Compareing Alien to tape worm is simplification and not adiquate at all. Tape worm just lives in hosts intestines. Not taking any of it's characteristics and not joining with it's blood system etc.                As i showned earlier there are losts of ideas to involve Newborn like creatures in game. And what's the big deal? You don't like it? Now you'd have the ability to shoot it and watchit die.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

agreed with master one question id like to know is if the predalien will be in the game will it be played off like in avpr or will it be played of like in the past avp games and if it is the avpr model will it eventually turn into a predqueen.

Jaan911

Jaan911

Quote from: dude63 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: Jaan911 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:26:27 PM
Quote from: dude63 on Jun 29, 2009, 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Jun 29, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 29, 2009, 10:22:12 AM
If they don't release a SDK, the game will die within a year.
Like FEAR 2 project Origin.
SDK is most important to keep the game community alive (new maps, mods, skins, etc.)
Without it... adios amigos!

If you already have their money in the back, no reason to care about community anything.

Odd..since they have stated they plan on releasing a lot of stuff like DLC and such...odd. Never seen a mention of a source development kit..but..who knows.

They have said there won't be no SDK, server files or anti-cheating mechanisms.
And as far as I know, both DLC's were just some new maps. 

Tey could throw in more weapons, modes, vehicles (if included) or types of enemies. Heck they could expand the single player. Its up to them what they want to do.

Of course, they can do what they want. But you can release DLC for only so long. Releasing an SDK means new content for years to come. I very much doubt they will release any DLC in 2011, 2010 if your lucky.
I just hope AvP 3 doesnt go down that road.

JMPredator

JMPredator

Hey duys,

My question is how long roughly will each campaign be? I mean if a player has a preferece for one character out of the three (alien, predator and marine) , will that player still get a decent amount of gameplay from that one campaign?

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Jaan911 on Jun 29, 2009, 04:36:51 PM
SDK is most important to keep the game community alive (new maps, mods, skins, etc.)

If you already have their money in the back, no reason to care about community anything.

Odd..since they have stated they plan on releasing a lot of stuff like DLC and such...odd. Never seen a mention of a source development kit..but..who knows.

Tey could throw in more weapons, modes, vehicles (if included) or types of enemies. Heck they could expand the single player. Its up to them what they want to do.

Of course, they can do what they want. But you can release DLC for only so long. Releasing an SDK means new content for years to come. I very much doubt they will release any DLC in 2011, 2010 if your lucky.

Well some games continue to get DLC support. If the game has a good install base then sure its going to get supported for years to come. Im surprised at how much Burnout PAradise has been supported since launch..its crazy.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 29, 2009, 04:17:05 PM

Its annoying how you have to aim everywhere to jump. All my friends agreed on that too.
you can do regular jumps. didnt look very high but it can be done.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Inferno on Jun 29, 2009, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: Predboy on Jun 29, 2009, 04:17:05 PM

you can do regular jumps. didnt look very high but it can be done.

Yeah, but it's stupid how you have to aim whenever you want to travel to long distances. I would like to jump very high without having to freakin aim with some kind of cursor.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:31:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jun 29, 2009, 01:03:50 PM
Quote from: Space Voyager on Jun 29, 2009, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jun 29, 2009, 12:03:04 PM
yeah thats true it cant be in the game for one because it was a freak accident that happened .and also there was only one of its kind and ripley killed that one anyway. so it wont be in avp well i dont think it will be?
Not only was it was a freak accident that happened, it was a freak incident that shouldn't have happened. Scientists had (presumably) Ripley's blood and I'll be damned if I know how they produced mutants they did. When you have a tapeworm it will NOT nest itself into your DNA and an alien emrio should be no different.

also another good point. so you are agreeing that it will not be in avp 3?

when an alien embryo is inplanted in a host it assimalats the host dna during gestation(hence the dog alien) the reason the queen in alien ressurection was more human was do to the cloning pocees on of its host(and its self) all weyland yutani or any one else would have to do to create a newborn  is clone a human host of a queen embryo(well the embryo is still inside)so it could be in avp3

you make a good point my friend but i just dont think it will be in avp3 coz the story has nothing to do with the humans trying to make a new born or some sort of mutant and it was just a one off freak incident that only happened because ripleys clone

Jaan911

Jaan911

Quote from: dude63 on Jun 29, 2009, 05:02:40 PM
Quote from: Jaan911 on Jun 29, 2009, 04:36:51 PM

Well some games continue to get DLC support. If the game has a good install base then sure its going to get supported for years to come. Im surprised at how much Burnout PAradise has been supported since launch..its crazy.

I guess it would be best if we got both SDK and DLC.  ;)
However if they had to choose between the two, SDK is a better decision in my opinion.
Then its either spending a month doing one DLC and be done with it, or spend that time making the SDK and after that members of the community will spend their time doing many months worth of work.  :)

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Will any characters from the Alien universe cameo in the game?

Ash, Bishop, Morse, Jones the Cat? :P

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Jun 29, 2009, 07:21:13 PM
Will any characters from the Alien universe cameo in the game?

Ash, Bishop, Morse, Jones the Cat? :P

it would be a bishop troid if any one.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: -Logan- on Jun 29, 2009, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2009, 10:59:55 AM
Care to explain why?

cuz its a crap and retarded design
Here we go just cuz "Master" wants the newborn in the game and others dont he'll argue

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Jun 29, 2009, 01:42:45 PM
my question is simple.

predator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
marines>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>cockroach that lives in the forest>>>>>>>>>>>aliens

is this how it's going to be?  ???
what do u mean?

randy4321

randy4321

Vehicles would be awesome only for humans though, If they had a big enough map to put on the Dropship and APC that would be so awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed